prayer request

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

prayer request

Postby Mimichan » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:16 am

Okay, this isn't easy for me to post--but I really need ppl to pray for this situation: Here's the thing, God called me to move to VA...one of these days I will write/post my testimony and it'll all make more sense but here it is briefly *brief for me anyway*....

Had falling out with Dad as a teen...left his house to go live with mother and didn't talk to him for 12 years. Angsty rebellious blah blah blah and running from God....
Few years later, wanted to come back to God--not sure how, started "praying"...felt strong urge to write Dad a letter after 12 yrs of non-communication. Resisted that for a while and finally gave in, and the result: I was reconciled with him and my stepmom. They were living in Jacksonville and were planning on moving to VA. God told me to go with them. So I left all my friends and the life I knew, kissed my Mom goodbye and moved here. I gave up everything familiar to go someplace I'd never given two thoughts about because I knew it's what God wanted. It was not easy. I basically moved in with strangers...which is what we were after 12 yrs and I don't even want to talk about the stress that caused.
After 1 year, my Dad and stepmom moved back to FL. I was welcome to go with them, but I prayed over it and felt like the Holy Spirit wanted me to stay here for the time being. In fact, I know this where I am supposed to be for whatever reason. But I am completely alone. I have no family here. No friends*in the true sense of the word*. My workplace is under new management and I don't get the hours I need anymore, so i'm really struggling financially. Christmas/my birthday is coming in a few months, and unless God provides a way for me to get home...I will be spending the holidays alone for the first time in my life. On top of that, my mother, who I haven't seen in almost 3 years now is in a hospice dying of heart disease. She had a heart attack sometime in January. I won't go into it in too much detail but she has an aneurism(?) right next to her aorta(?)...she has 3 blocked arteries....that are so hardened the Doctors can't do anything about it...and there are some other minor medical prob.s as well, that I won't mention. I believe God can work miracles. I am praying that God will heal her and want to be as optimistic as possible. But I really miss her *we are very close*. God's will be done, but I would like for a door to be opened that would allow me to go see her and the rest of my family sometime around the holidays. So, if you could, please pray that I will have the finances to pay my bills AND be able to see my family. Sorry I got long-winded. God bless.

"Why do people not notice until they lose it?
What it is that's truly important...
Although I can't afford to forgive even myself,
Because you were there,
I was able to be myself (Natural).
I want to be honest...I want to be kind...
I want to be the adult I once (in my childhood) longed to be.
I go on fighting against the heart to run away...
I go on fighting against that invisible something!"
---

True Navigation: Two MIX
Mimichan

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:44 am

Definitely.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shinja » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:40 am

wow, yeah, sure thing
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:51 am

Woah. You got it.
Mithrandir

Postby Razgriz » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:34 am

Indeed, will do.
Razgriz

Postby Rashiir » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:42 pm

I will.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Return to Prayer Room