Question about the Judgement days From Revelations?

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Question about the Judgement days From Revelations?

Postby theblackmist » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

I am not too sure how many judgements are going to happen technically. However, I have to ask, is God going to reveal everything about everyone to everyone? I have tried looking into this and it seems like either non-believers have to go through that, or no one does because Jesus died on the cross and all that happens is a burning of everything negative that is associated with everyone. (Keep in mind, I am thinking more in terms of Protestant or Methodist and definitely not Catholic).

Personally something similar to that second one seems to make the most sense to me but still...just trying to figure that one out. :?:
theblackmist

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

This is never clarified anywhere at all. Everything you read on it is purely specuation.

In short: No one can ever know because it's so ambiguous.
Atria35

Postby theblackmist » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Gotcha. Thanks!
theblackmist

Re: Question about the Judgement days From Revelations?

Postby SierraLea » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 pm

The Catholic view is that you get two judgements. The first is a private judgement when God tells you everything. This happenes right after your death. Then, after the end of the world, there will be a public judgement where God tells everyone about everyone. His sentence doesn't change, though.
SierraLea

Postby Peanut » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 pm

My gut says one but that's based off of only a few things I know about Jewish views on the day of Judgment and an assumption that John is staying consistent with that specific belief in Revelation. I'd need to do some looking around to confirm this so take it for what its worth. Though, in the end, as Atria said, only God really knows.
Peanut

Postby Vilo159 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Every religion has their own take on it, so it will be different depending on what belief you subscribe to. But as they said above, only God knows exactly what will happen.
Vilo159

Postby theblackmist » Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Wait so God really is going to tell everything about everyone...to everyone...?

I am looking at Revelations for the Protestant religion.
theblackmist

Postby Nate » Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 am

theblackmist wrote:I am looking at Revelations for the Protestant religion.

It's Revelation. John had one revelation, that he wrote down, to make the book of Revelation.

And as people have said, no one really knows. People can interpret it one way or the other, but it's all pure speculation.

Finally, there is no "Protestant religion." Protestant is a branch of Christianity (along with Orthodox and Catholicism). There are many denominations in Protestantism. Lutherans, Baptists, Methodists, Anglicans, and Episcopalians (to name a few) are all Protestant and believe wildly different things, the only thing that ties them together as being Protestant is that they do not belong to the Catholic Church.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Christian Growth Q&A