Am I going to Hell?

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Am I going to Hell?

Postby Jigzy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:07 am

If I don't go to Church am I going to Hell? I mean I don't go to Church but I still really believe in God and love him very much. I pray to him. I talk to him. I follow all of his rules like I'm suppose to and everything and I don't do anything bad that would be against God. I follow the ten commandments and all of the important rules the best that I can and such stuff like that but would not going to Church be just like the same? Would that also be like breaking a really big rule of God as well? Because I don't want to disappoint him and I also don't want to end up going to Hell either. I'm really worried about this though. I have nothing against Church and its a really great place. The thing is that I am so shy and I have problems talking to people, being social and just being around a lot of people like that. I get very nervous. I may even have Autism. Thats how bad it is. So I don't want to go to Church and embarrass myself when someone tries to talk to me. I may just end up not answering or saying anything at all, seriously and thats what makes me so afraid to go. So now thats holding me back and now I'm doubled worried because I don't want to go to Hell. I just feel so stuck right now. I'm scared :(
Jigzy

Postby Xeno » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:11 am

Simple answer: No.
In-depth answer: Theology discussion that would not be allowed on this site. I can answer you via PM if you really want my opinion. Answer is still no.
Xeno

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:40 am

Jigzy, I'm praying for you. Know that autistic people are not doomed.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby sarahjoy78 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:03 am

No way! Im praying for you sister!

John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the worl that he gave his one and only son that whosoever believes in him, shall NOT perish but will have eternal life.

It says right there that as long as you believe in him and have accepted him into your life that you will not perish but you will have eternal life in heaven. :D
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby Hiryu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 am

If you sit in a garage, does that make you a car?

It is the same with sitting in church. Just sitting there will do you no good. You must
apply the bible's teachings to your life to be apart of Christianity. It is with great joy that I read of these things you do outside of church.

But church is an important part in living a Christian life. I will be praying for you, because within the walls of the church are your brothers and sisters in Christ who share your love in Jesus Christ and the Worship of God.
Hiryu

Postby Hugo Bernhardt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 am

If your church is really is a great place, then the people there can be counted on to be graceful and forgiving if you don't feel comfortable socializing. Don't underestimate how much you really do contribute to the work of the church by just being there and showing your interest and love for God, and how much you mere presence can mean to the other Christians there.

It might be more comfortable if there is someone who you can go with, and/or sit with, so that you don't have to feel that you're there all by yourself.
Hugo Bernhardt

Postby acgifford » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:05 pm

No honey. You are not going to Hell. Same as Sarah said...John3:16.^^ You believe in Jesus and have fellowship with Him. You believe that he died on the cross for your sins. Enough said. Not going to church has nothing to do with your salvation. But, gathering with other Christians does help. The Bible does say that we should gather together with believers so that we can pray for one another. Technically, how we are gathering together right now makes us a church as we discuss Biblical teaching withone another and try and help our fellow Christian out.^^
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby SierraLea » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Autistic people can go to mass, and they're not scared out of their wits.
I don't think God would send you to Hell for not going to mass, but there's a lot you're missing by not going to mass. God pours out a lot of graces to help with daily temptations at mass, and you might find that the repetativeness actually helps your nervousness.
Also, if you don't want to have to talk to people, you can go to an earlier mass that's not attended by a lot of people, or start by going to a daily mass which is usually pretty empty, if you live near a church that offeres that.
You say you keep the Ten Commandments? Mass is one of the biggest ways to keep the third commandment, about keeping the Sabath Day Holy.
I would recommend trying to work theough your difficulties so you can experience the ultimate awesomeness that is the Mass.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Wind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I haven't stepped foot inside a church in 8 years but that doesn't make me a sinner. What makes a person a sinner is the fact of their sin nature. If we overcome that nature on a daily basis and practice good walking with God, NO you aren't going to hell. You can worship God anywhere and anyplace. The most important place you should have Jesus is in your heart and if he is in your heart then he will hear you anywhere you are. And Autistic people are some of the most awesome of all God's Creations, to me they really know how life is more than any of the "Normal" People sometimes. So, you really don't need to worry.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Wind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm

sorry for the double post but something I just thought of. God doesn't create people just to doom them to hell. He doesn't love sin but if you don't have to be inside four walls to worship him. I go in the woods or find a spot in the corner of my apartment to light insense and pray. I light the insense because it creates an atmosphere but thats the only reason. Prayers and faith only need the heart of the person to be in the right place with God.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Short answer: No
Long answer: Nooooooooo
Other Long answer: There is no law in the bible that says you must attend church. In fact, when the Bible talks about church, it is not talking about it in our modern sense. Back then, there was no set building for the church. There was no one pastor. Services consisted of more than a teaching session and worship. They didn't even call them "services". But the Bible only called these things "When you meet with fellow believers..." or something of that sort. "Church" was normally only used to talk about the believers themselves, either as a whole or the ones of a specific area. So, very different. The Bible only encourages fellow believers to meet together, but it never says you'll go to hell if you don't. Which leads me to some other points
I follow all of his rules like I'm suppose to and everything and I don't do anything bad that would be against God. I follow the ten commandments and all of the important rules the best that I can and such stuff like that

...Really? If so, wow! You're a far stronger believer than I am. I know I break the ten commandments and the two greatest commandments daily. However, you also probably wouldn't be human. Still, that's not the point. The point is, though, is that obeying all the laws, even if it were possible, is not how you are saved. It's believing in Jesus's sacrifice that will. And it really is that simple. When you start thinking about how you must obey the law, you start focusing on how YOUR actions will make you right before God, and begin to forget that JESUS'S action has already made you right before God. There is nothing you can do to save yourself, because it was already done on that cross over there.
That's not to say that good works aren't good. But you have to remind yourself that you are not doing it to earn your salvation, but to show God's love.
On another note, church can be very helpful to keep your faith strong. If you actually want to start going to church, but are to scared, Maybe going with a friend will make you feel more secure? If all else fails, try praying to God for the strength. Still, don't worry about it. You can still meet with other believers to help strengthen your faith without going to church.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby armeck » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 pm

God will never leave or forsake you. he still loves you even if you don't go to church. I would encourage you to go. but its not going to send you to hell.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby MrKrillz0r » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 am

You do not need to worry, it's not by what we do that He saves us, but it's because of what He has already done. So if you are doing something wrong, you can still rest sure that He loves you and won't ever leave you. And about going to church it's a great way to meet friends, getting involved in community and grow in your faith, but take your own time and pray about it. God knows all your worries, so let Him know! :)
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 am

And besides, the people who are there actually wanted to go. Yes, they actually denied God's light, and now they shall never have it. The fact that you are concerned shows that you want God's light. That's why I don't think you are doomed.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:33 am

rocklobster (post: 1594433) wrote:Yes, they actually denied God's light, and now they shall never have it.

What? I'm so confused by this sentence in your post. I don't get what it has to do with anything that anyone said.

And stop throwing around the word "doomed." We've got a scared kid here and your word choice couldn't be worse.
Xeno

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 am

What I mean is that the people in Hell wanted to be there. And I realize you're right, I shouldn't be using doomed.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 am

Going to church is all well and good, but absence from church does not equal a ticket to hell in any way. I fail to see the merit in any such reasoning.

You seem reasonably scared, so I assume it's safe to say you're God fearing. You don't look the type to get into major issues, be them spiritual or life-related. Developmental difficulties is obviously not going to be counted against you, quite the contrary. Regardless, a lot of very holy men have been on lengthy missions from God where they have not had the luxury of a house of worship. So just find some time to pray and be as close to God as you can, but hey, find a good church, by all means do not hesitate.

Natural fear of such is a good sign from my experience. And you seem honest about it, but do not let your fear make you easy to manipulate. There are many men and even some churches that would exploit your fear by presenting themselves as the only path to salvation, whereas that is something exclusively held by Jesus. So replace God not with yourself or any other person in the center of your heart, and develop both with humility, wisdom, and also some personal strength. Good luck, and God be with you.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Xeno » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:59 am

rocklobster (post: 1594438) wrote:What I mean is that the people in Hell wanted to be there.

I don't think you can really say that. Sure, maybe some people want to be there because the thought of spending eternity with a being who is love is unbearable, but for most I'd argue they don't want to be there. An atheist wouldn't want to be there, they don't even believe in it in the first place so why would they want to be there? Buddhists and Hindus wouldn't want to be there either, they're expecting to be reincarnated, so to suddenly find themselves in this pit of eternal suffering would lead one to think they probably didn't want to be there.

Then there are the Christians who end up there. If we assume certain doctrines, such as works-based salvation, are correct, then someone could spend their entire life striving for heaven, make a small, salvation-costing error while in the midst of a life-ending event and boom, they go to hell. Or there are the sectarian groups of Christianity that state only their version of Christianity is right and everyone else is wrong and will go to hell because they've got some little bitty interpretation different, and then everyone but these people go to hell even though they were all really good Christians and lived their lives like they believed they were supposed to. They didn't want to go to hell.

It's pretty preposterous to say that the people in hell want to be there.
Xeno

Postby armeck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 am

Xeno (post: 1594447) wrote:I don't think you can really say that. Sure, maybe some people want to be there because the thought of spending eternity with a being who is love is unbearable, but for most I'd argue they don't want to be there. An atheist wouldn't want to be there, they don't even believe in it in the first place so why would they want to be there? Buddhists and Hindus wouldn't want to be there either, they're expecting to be reincarnated, so to suddenly find themselves in this pit of eternal suffering would lead one to think they probably didn't want to be there.

Then there are the Christians who end up there. If we assume certain doctrines, such as works-based salvation, are correct, then someone could spend their entire life striving for heaven, make a small, salvation-costing error while in the midst of a life-ending event and boom, they go to hell. Or there are the sectarian groups of Christianity that state only their version of Christianity is right and everyone else is wrong and will go to hell because they've got some little bitty interpretation different, and then everyone but these people go to hell even though they were all really good Christians and lived their lives like they believed they were supposed to. They didn't want to go to hell.

It's pretty preposterous to say that the people in hell want to be there.

there is also the people who never here of Jesus in the first place
armeck

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 am

That's more for PM discussion, armeck.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby armeck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 am

yeah I guess your right
armeck

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Please keep to answering the OP, not going on tangents among yourselves.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Not at all. Christianity is the farthest thing from a checklist, and going to church is not a requirement for salvation. However, going to church can be a way to strengthen your faith in God, and it also is an excellent way to get to know other believers.
Zeldafan2

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 pm

and those other believers can also help you. I'd even suggest talking to your pastor about any problems you have. That's what he's for.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Re: Am I going to Hell?

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

No! You will not go to Hell. I am certain that God understands. I believe that all that matters to Him is that you keep His word and follow it to the best of your ability
Cleanedbyblood

Postby theblackmist » Thu May 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Don't worry, no one is going to hell for any reason =)
theblackmist

Postby Nate » Sat May 04, 2013 12:38 am

theblackmist wrote:Don't worry, no one is going to hell for any reason =)

Hooray for Universalism!

(This thread is old.)

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby shooraijin » Sat May 04, 2013 10:00 am

Old thread is old, and we don't really need to retread it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Christian Growth Q&A