Is It Okay For Christians To Watch This Anime?

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Is It Okay For Christians To Watch This Anime?

Postby serenitydesu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:08 pm

It's Called "Totally spies." It's old but I love it and it brings back memories! T_T

I'm on my walk with Christ and is it okay if I watch this show? It does portray lying and violence, but I'm not changed by it.
And I don't wanna support evil but it IS and old show so I don't think they air it anymore.

But I still feel kinda guilty when I watch it on YouTube like I'm not supposed to be watching it or something.

:drool:

Thanks.
serenitydesu

Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Watch This Anime?

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:19 pm

First off, Totally Spies is an American cartoon that's inspired by anime. And second, I don't really see anything objectionable about it.
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:26 pm

No. Cartoons are satanic and will evaporate your soul. You should avoid them at all costs. Watch wholesome shows like The Shield and Celebrity Apprentice instead.
Xeno

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Moved to Christian Growth Q&A because it's more that kind of topic.

Firstly, welcome to CAA, Serenitydesu.

Aside from your post's awkward wording (it's an old show, so that makes a difference on its "evil" level? XD; ), it really looks like you're looking for some sort of "Christian stamp of approval" for doing stuff, which, uh, doesn't exist. Don't try to make things more or less "Christian" by looking for that sort of thing; instead just chill and focus on your relationship with God rather than being worried about watching or doing the "wrong thing".

I remember watching a little bit of the show back when it aired and it wasn't really my cup of tea, but I don't remember it being full of evil or whatever. Walking out your front door to the mall or wherever has more lying and violence than most cartoons. XP The world is a sinful place, but avoiding everything in it is not the answer in order to be a follower of Christ.

In the end, simply ask yourself, "Does the show separate me from God? If yes, then it's not worth my time. If no, then I'm fine and can watch the show and still know that Christ is the center of my life." Everyone has different levels of tolerance concerning content in shows/media, so it's important to find your own (see Romans 14). So take some time to talk about it with God and see what answer you get.
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Well, actually, you should feel a wee bit guilty for watching it on Youtube if it's not official.
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:06 pm

rocklobster wrote:Well, actually, you should feel a wee bit guilty for watching it on Youtube if it's not official.

For this I'm going to download every episode of Doctor Who I can find, twice, and then not watch them.
Xeno

Return to Christian Growth Q&A