What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Final Fantasy Theaterhythm is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Xeno » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:30 am

Stella Glow has been added to my stupidly long list of games.
Xeno

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:08 pm

LoZ: Majora's Mask. Right outside the pirate fortress right now, still in the second day morning. I hope I remembered to slow time. But Mikau's death wasn't exactly what I imagined it as... xD
Also, video game swimming is actually fun for once.
artisticDreamer

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:34 am

Been playing through the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney trilogy --currently on Case 2 in Trials and Tribulations. Fun game and hilarious! XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Felix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Splatoon. And it is magical. Highly recommended!
Felix

Postby Animeniac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:07 pm

Felix wrote:Splatoon. And it is magical. Highly recommended!

word! I'm playing Shovel Knight (equally magical)
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby Felix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Animeniac wrote:

Ah, yes. I adore Shovel Knight! Have you played the Plague Knight expansion? What are your thoughts on it?
Felix

Postby Animeniac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Felix wrote:
Animeniac wrote:

Ah, yes. I adore Shovel Knight! Have you played the Plague Knight expansion? What are your thoughts on it?

I'm not deep in the game. My brother finished it though. He played as Plauge knight. :) We have the Wii U one which if you get the amiibo you can do 2player. So he helps me.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby Xeno » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Sheenar wrote:Been playing through the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney trilogy --currently on Case 2 in Trials and Tribulations. Fun game and hilarious! XD

Phoenix Wright games are great. I'm stuck in some kind of loop in the bonus case at the end of the first game though. Probably need to reset and start it over.
Xeno

Postby Animeniac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Xeno wrote:
Sheenar wrote:Been playing through the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney trilogy --currently on Case 2 in Trials and Tribulations. Fun game and hilarious! XD

Phoenix Wright games are great. I'm stuck in some kind of loop in the bonus case at the end of the first game though. Probably need to reset and start it over.

Playing....errr played duel destiny. (grounded at the moment.... :?: :waah!: )

Animeniac

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Started playing Life Is Strange, and loving it so far. I love adventure games anyway, but this one is especially awesome because literally almost everything you do has actual consequences. And, of course, being able to rewind time is a nice plus ;)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Started playing Fire Emblem Awakening and am loving it so far! Am on chapter 5 or 6 (can't remember). Love the battle system in this game as well as the characters and the graphics. Great game thus far! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby NekoNinja16 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. Just got it today, I've been wanting to play it for a long time now, but I've been torn since it has so much of the HG and HK and Witch and Wizard and all that crap. DX But the rest if the game is great, one of the best I think. I really wanted to try more HM games, as ToTT is the only one I have(and I just love it). <3 Bugs me that so many of the HM games have the stupid harvest goddess, but I did fine one with no sign of her... yeah, I'll probably get Grand Bazaar eventually.
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life is a fantastic game --as far as I remember, the harvest goddess wasn't in that one.

Sheenar

Postby NekoNinja16 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Really? Hmm, maybe I could get that one, since I have a Gamecube too. But I don't like the marriage choices for the girl version, so it would have to be the original. XD
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:10 am

Beat Life Is Strange, and OH MY GOODNESS IS IT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow!: It definitely earns its M rating, but if you're okay with the content, this is a game that I think everyone would enjoy. So good. I don't think I've ever finished a game and immediately wanted to play it again even while the credits were still rolling, but I'm already in episode 2 of my second playthrough ^_^

I've also never felt such a strong urge to rush out and buy Life Is Strange paraphernalia, but since I'll be getting birthday money soon, I think I might just have to get Max's Jane Doe T-shirt ;)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:58 am

So, I just finished Chapter 9 in Fire Emblem Awakening. And I was not prepared for that. The feels, man. D:

Sheenar

Postby Animeniac » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:37 am

I'm playing Twilight Princess and talk about feels with the Zora queen scene..... :waah!:

Animeniac

Postby Xeno » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Got Alien: Isolation. The depth of field setting made me sick after about an hour, haven't been willing to play it again since, even though I've altered the setting.
Xeno

Postby LecktheTech » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:02 pm

I've been messing with the 14.0 MCPE beta. On build 3 and its pretty stable.
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Postby Animeniac » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm playing Twilight Princess. Waiting for the HD one to come out.

Animeniac

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Dad and I finally beat Demon's Souls! So now it's off to beat Dark Souls. I think. He hasn't started yet, but we've been busy. I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for when I'm out and about and looking for more action than Yo-kai Watch. I forgot how much I love that series, but it's a little lonely since there's no way my Dad could join me. Even if we bought another 3DS, I don't think his injured hands could hold it. Who knows, maybe Capcom will put out a HD version on the PS4. Not holding my breath though.
Rusty Claymore

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:43 am

Played Spooky's House of Jump Scares, which was somehow simultaneously cute and terrifying :lol: Still not entirely sure how that's possible, but it's true. There were a lot of references to classic horror games (or scary parts of non-horror games, like the awesome level that was all a reference to Majora's Mask!) and funny/satirical notes about the genre (my favorite was something like, "Insert obscure horror reference that other people will take as instruction" :lol: ).

I also tried - tried, mind you - to play Dungeon Nightmares, because I'd heard it was a terrifying game that relied a lot on audio for its scare factor. And, since that's usually what scares me most anyway, I decided I should give it a try. But...it was just too much for me XD I got through the first night, but then when I discovered that it's all randomly generated and there's not actually a story or really an end, I decided it wasn't worth it and just watched a Let's Play instead. /pansy

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 am

Rusty Claymore wrote:Dad and I finally beat Demon's Souls! So now it's off to beat Dark Souls. I think. He hasn't started yet, but we've been busy. I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for when I'm out and about and looking for more action than Yo-kai Watch. I forgot how much I love that series, but it's a little lonely since there's no way my Dad could join me. Even if we bought another 3DS, I don't think his injured hands could hold it. Who knows, maybe Capcom will put out a HD version on the PS4. Not holding my breath though.

Do you happen to have Dark Souls on Windows/WINE/Steam, by any chance? If you do, we should beat the game (or at least the harder bosses) together with the summoning sign co-op. I originally had all the Dark Souls 1 achievements, but because of something idiotic I did I lost many of them. I was able to get most of them back quickly following a guide made for idiots like myself, but there was no shortcut for the two achievements for actually beating the game. So I've been going through with a second character build. It's not the worst thing in the world I suppose, since it was the perfect excuse to play the game again before moving on to Dank Souls 2.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Shroopy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:07 pm

I just finished Undertale! It was sooooo good!
HERE BEGINS THE QUOTE SECTION

"Click click click. Still defective." -Defective Turret

"Hands off my bread!"-Falco

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

THIS IS WHERE THE QUOTE SECTION ENDS

DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE!

Where did you come from? Yes/No

ImageImageImage
http://img.memecdn.com/i-dare-here-to-do-that-with-a-piggy-bank_o_6395283.jpg
Shroopy

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Mullet_Death wrote:Do you happen to have Dark Souls on Windows/WINE/Steam, by any chance?

Nope, PS3, sorry.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:45 am

Played Dark Souls for about two days straight, because who needs to be responsible? Also going to play the new release Firewatch. Looks genuinely interesting, though I don't generally care for cell-shaded graphics.

Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. It is good and I'm glad there is no friend petting in it.
Xeno

Postby Sheenar » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Finished the Phoenix Wright trilogy last week. Picked Pokemon (laptop won't let me do the Alt 130 for the accented e for some reason) Alpha Sapphire back up a few days ago. Picked it up with 3 gym badges and got to 8 in a day --then beat E4 and champion the next --finished the Delta Episode today.

Hope to pick Fire Emblem Awakening back up soon. I think I'm on Chapter 12 or 13. I want to get Fates at some point after other financial obligations are taken care of.

Sheenar

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:34 am

Although I hate booting into Windows for it, been playing Gears of War Ultimate. Disappointing release, but versus is more boss than ever.

Mullet Death

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews