What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby Sheenar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 am

Finished Chapter 13 of Fire Emblem Awakening. Nice plot twists/developments. I really want to keep playing to find out what happens next!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Xeno » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:58 am

Finished the campaign in Fire Emblem Fates Birthright. It was oddly short for a $40 game.
Xeno

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:26 am

MH4 Ultimate
Why is it so hard to find velociprey hides?! I've got enough Bird Wyvern Teeth to make dentures for a whole pack.
Rusty Claymore

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 am

I've been getting into Radiant Historia, which looks like it should have a really good story. The battle mechanics are fun and not too hard to grasp (*glares pointedly at FFVIII*), and the music is awesome. Still just getting the hang of the time-travel elements of the game.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby onewingedcaius » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:38 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I've been getting into Radiant Historia, which looks like it should have a really good story. The battle mechanics are fun and not too hard to grasp (*glares pointedly at FFVIII*), and the music is awesome. Still just getting the hang of the time-travel elements of the game.

Radiant Historia is a real gem. Shame it isn't as well known.

Aside from FE: Birthright, I myself have been going through a bit of Stardew Valley. It's really good and feels like a proper Harvest Moon moon game, (seeing as how Natsume seems to have forgoten how to make a Harvest Moon game). The one downside is that I feel it would be a lot easy to enjoy were it on a portable device like 3DS or PSVita. Oh well.
onewingedcaius

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:49 am

I've been on another Don't Starve streak. Been playing one session for awhile now, and made it to day 120! Figuring out how to survive winter was a nightmare...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 pm

I'm at the Endgame in Fire Emblem Awakening. Trying to beat the SpotPass Paralogue levels (beat one of them and recruited that character --have the rest still to go). Also trying to unlock more support conversations. After all that, I'll face the final boss.

I'd like to go with FE: Conquest next (will be a while because monies) as it seems to have better characters/plot from what I've read over Birthright. Though I could be wrong.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby IPv4 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:25 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_III
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have played that game, a lot. I first started playing it when it was still fairly new (not sure if this was 2001 or 2004). I didnt even know english when I played it but managed sort of anyhow. I even have 2 copies in my steam storage that I need to give away.

civfanatics is a good place to find help when playing it or just asking the expert (me).
IPv4

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:42 pm

3 bosses away from beating Dark Souls. I don't think Dad and I are gonna beat Dark Souls II before III comes out.

DARKSOULS: Them fires are link'd. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ... in the most anticlimactic game-ending I've ever experienced. Don't play with fire, kids.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:21 am

You have to basically come to your own conclusions about the lore of Dark Souls, it doesn't tell you anything and is quite subtle. A lot of what I've learned of it I've gleaned from the Wiki, which is itself built from what other players have learned of the game.

I've been playing Slime Rancher. Very cute and cool little game. I definitely recommend it for those of you who've never heard of it-- which is probably all of you.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Sheenar » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:22 am

Finished Fire Emblem Awakening the week before last. Was a fantastic game --I will actually miss these characters that I came to care about. This was my first introduction to the Fire Emblem series and now I really want to get my hands on Fire Emblem Fates (I'm leaning towards Conquest for its story line and characters) --will be a good while, though, before I can pick that one up.

Trying to figure out what to play next. I need to finish Rune Factory 4 (am in the last dungeon/story arc) as well as finish Ocarina of Time. I kind of want to re-play Paper Mario, though, for the 3rd time. Such a good game.

Sheenar

Postby LecktheTech » Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 am

I've been playing WoT Blitz. Really good for a mobile game.
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Postby Yami » Mon May 02, 2016 9:20 pm

Warframe, Bravely Second, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Brave Frontier, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Mabinogi, Tree of Savior, and Clannad!
Yami

Postby Sheenar » Wed May 04, 2016 10:45 am

Re-playing Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. Since it's been a good while, I don't remember a lot from playing it before, but remember the game mechanics, so I'm enjoying this playthrough a lot. :)

Sheenar

Postby Sundown » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Spyro: Shadow Legacy. I've owned it for like six years and figured it was time I completed it.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Going back and forth between playing Animal Crossing New Leaf and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.

Sheenar

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Adventure Bar Story. (3DS) I ignored it a long time ago, but picked it up again after reading "The Gamer" (a Korean webcomic). I'm better at it now, and I've made tons of progress from before. (So close to getting Elias) I don't like all the magic stuff in it,( I didn't know it would have it when I bought the game), but aside from that it's fun, I like the characters.
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Just beat Kingdom Hearts for the second time, I haven't had a copy of it in years ;w;
Hoping the Rise of the Tomb Raider is almost over, not much enjoying this one oddly enough :/
Started up Enslaved, which is a super pretty game, and almost beaten ocarina of time on 3ds XD
I'm also playing Brutal Legend in my spare time.
Tooooo many games piled up over the school year haha.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Finished 99 Spirits, now really getting into The Witcher, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1, Neo Aquarium - The King of Crustaceans, and Shadow Warrior. Finished Fault Milestone Two: Side A recently and it was as depressing and bleak as I expected. Playing countless other games on the side. I will say that of all the games I've played this year and certainly recently, the little visual novel Always the Same Blue Sky has my favorite soundtrack by far, particularly its main theme. It's just so good and I can't quite describe what makes it so.

That GOG Summer Sale tho.

Mullet Death

Postby little.gun.nut » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi, all!! I've been playing Destiny a lot... my sister and I have revisited our days in playing on the Wii (Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and Wii Sports Resort). In addition to that, Mario Kart 8 has become another regular thing for me. ☺
Words are beasts. Chains can be used for more than tying down. They can be used to connect, and tie together. Looking forward and speaking positively makes all the difference. -Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)

Do you think you could tell me what true strength is? I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me. I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is. -Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)

If I sit like a normal person my investigative abilities would be half as effective. -L (Death Note)

No matter what happens, I’ll keep on moving. Until this life runs out of me, I’ll keep on walking. -Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
little.gun.nut

Postby NekoNinja16 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Destiny for the PS4? I think my bro has that.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:31 pm

My Dad and I play Destiny PS4 a lot. Amazing how long you can play a game if you can actually play it with someone.
Rusty Claymore

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:21 am

Yeah, that probably makes a difference. ^^ I think my bro plays it online with a friend.

NekoNinja16

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Playing Dropsy: A Point and Click Hugventure. The goal of the game seems to be to hug everyone. In other words, it's a game about my life.

Mullet Death

Postby IPv4 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:08 pm

have been playing starcraft legacy of the void
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Playing Dropsy: A Point and Click Hugventure. The goal of the game seems to be to hug everyone. In other words, it's a game about my life.

I died on this one :XD: :n_n:

Edit: this is the most creepiest game I have ever seen
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Dropsy may look unbelievably creepy, but he's completely innocent and a real sweetheart, who at this point in the game is trying to find a way to cure his dad, who he lives with after their circus act burned down. He is definitely not to be judged by his cover. :)

Mullet Death

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Dropsy may look unbelievably creepy, but he's completely innocent and a real sweetheart, who at this point in the game is trying to find a way to cure his dad, who he lives with after their circus act burned down. He is definitely not to be judged by his cover. :)

Whoops, sorry for my superficiality. I checked the trailer and yeah, just like you said, he is a good fella. I think I will buy the game...probably. :thumb:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby little.gun.nut » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:30 am

NekoNinja16 wrote:Destiny for the PS4? I think my bro has that.

Sometimes... I mostly play for the PS3 though. But cool!!
Rusty Claymore wrote:My Dad and I play Destiny PS4 a lot. Amazing how long you can play a game if you can actually play it with someone.

YES!! Depending on the person, it really makes a difference. ☺
Words are beasts. Chains can be used for more than tying down. They can be used to connect, and tie together. Looking forward and speaking positively makes all the difference. -Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)

Do you think you could tell me what true strength is? I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me. I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is. -Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)

If I sit like a normal person my investigative abilities would be half as effective. -L (Death Note)

No matter what happens, I’ll keep on moving. Until this life runs out of me, I’ll keep on walking. -Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
little.gun.nut

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:08 pm

I finished Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest a couple of days ago. Still playing Animal Crossing New Leaf (that is ongoing --not sure if the game ever actually ends?).

Waiting to get Birthright and Revelation --will be able to hopefully soon. Responsibilities come first (such is adult life. XP)

I did get this super cute puzzle game during Nintendo's E3 sale --BoxBoy. I'm not far into it (just in the 2nd world), but it is definitely worth playing. :)

Sheenar

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews