Video Game Review Requests

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 pm

please review No More Heroes.
CAAOutkast

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 am

Or better yet,The Resident Evil series. I'm actually surprised that there are no Reviews of the Resident Evil games here at CAA.
CAAOutkast

Postby Peanut » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Christisright (post: 1285107) wrote:please review No More Heroes.

The review has been written and submitted...but with what UC has mentioned it might not be in the database for a while.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby The Liar XIII » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:48 am

I'd like to see a review for Splatterhouse III. I've written a review of it once before, and I really want to see if I'm right on my stand. :red:
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Would it possible for someone to review Avalon Code for the DS?

That game looks interesting to the point of possible purchase but since I've already pre-ordered Pikmin for the Wii, I wish to spend carefully on a new DS game...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby CAAOutkast » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:35 am

Please review Resident Evil 5 when it comes out. And while your at it,please Review the other Resident Evil Games.

Thanks.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Song_of_Storms » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 pm

[SIZE="1"]I've been working on a Tales of Symphonia review, and Mana Khemia: Alchemist of Al-Revis for PlayStation 2 review. n.n

That explains a lot. ((The whole you guys having had to have played it first rule)) That does seem like it would put a lot more work on y'all. O.o
I agree with Azier. You have to go over the review anyway, right?
Obviously, it's not up to me. X3[/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Heronwing » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:01 pm

ST. Attidude (post: 1291501) wrote:Would it possible for someone to review Avalon Code for the DS?

That game looks interesting to the point of possible purchase but since I've already pre-ordered Pikmin for the Wii, I wish to spend carefully on a new DS game...

I have the game, and I have just half of a dungeon and the last chapter left until I beat. I'll start a review after I beat it and take I quick look around the stuff unlocked after finishing the storyline.

(By the way, I found the game to be very fun; sort of like Legend of Zelda with some RPG aspects thrown in. The story's been pretty interesting, too! ^-^)
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Heronwing

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Any calls for an Okami review? I'd be happy to do one, I've defeated the game ten times. O_O
Arya Raiin

Postby Silent Seraph » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:34 pm

What did you guys think of Call of duty Modern warfare (1st one)??
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 pm

I can't put together a full review of X-2, but I can give you my thoughts. Whether or not you should try the sequel depends on what things you liked about FFX. The combat/development system is completely overhauled, so expect a different gameplay experience. If you care about the characters and world, the sequel will deal with some of that, but most of the characters are missing and I felt the plot was weaker.

In brief, I generally enjoyed the game but wasn't very impressed by it. I hope that helps, or you can ask more specific questions if you like.
uc pseudonym

Postby Beau Soir » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Arya Raiin (post: 1349787) wrote:Any calls for an Okami review? I'd be happy to do one, I've defeated the game ten times. O_O

Yes, please review Okami! I just got it from Gamefly and I'd like to see your review. :3

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 pm

If your father really found the Shiva summon that offensive, then I think that might end things right there (if it matters, the language was no worse than the first game). But look at this image and keep in mind that your only party members are the three on the left:

http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~umik/ffx2_kaneslayer_collage_1024x768.jpg

Those are their normal outfits (which you'll be seeing in all cutscenes). During gameplay, the dress-sphere system lets you change skills and appearances. Some are more clothed, some less. In theory you could only use the classes your father found acceptable (which would be an interesting handicap), but I suspect that even Yuna's basic outfit won't pass.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Yeah... I think UC is pretty spot on there.
Mithrandir

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Would you say that FFX-2 is worth playing? I've heard that it wasn't very good.
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm

I don't think it was a must play title or all that bad, so the answer depends on you. If you have the free time for another game, you might find it an enjoyable experience, but there could easily be other things that would be more worth your time.

The things I said before still apply as well. There's a new combat system, so gameplay isn't really the same. The storyline isn't exactly tacked on, but certainly doesn't feel like a necessary continuation of the first game. Character-wise, you'll see a fair amount of Yuna and Rikku, but if you were hoping for Auron and Kimahri, you're out of luck.
uc pseudonym

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 am

Hmmm....I should review a video game. Is it OK to review an anthology? 'Cause I have the Unreal Anthology, which is 4 games, or should I review each game separately? 'Cause I CAN do that!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Most likely it would be best to review the games separately. People buying the anthology will know to look up individual games, whereas others might not know those games are in an anthology. Plus, it doesn't hurt to let each game stand on its own, though with Unreal I don't think there's a huge content difference.
uc pseudonym

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1379796) wrote:Most likely it would be best to review the games separately. People buying the anthology will know to look up individual games, whereas others might not know those games are in an anthology. Plus, it doesn't hurt to let each game stand on its own, though with Unreal I don't think there's a huge content difference.

Well, the anthology has two of the Tournament games (the first and 2004) and the original Unreal game where you go to Napali (plus the expansion) and then Unreal 2 (which was very disappointing XD). So, yeah, it would be best to review by themselves.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm willing to do a review for Final Fantasy IV, IX, any of the Kingdom Heart games except for Coded/Birth by Sleep, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time, Professor Layton: The Diabolical Box, or Beyond Good and Evil if anyone's interested... But of course, most of those are probably already done.
[I]“Love crosses all boundaries, and is often shot for trespassing.â€
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Postby mkalv » Sun May 16, 2010 10:15 am

Since I just got it, I guess I'll review Mario Kart Wii.
mkalv

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 pm

QuirkyIceHeart wrote:I'm willing to do a review for Final Fantasy IV, IX, any of the Kingdom Heart games except for Coded/Birth by Sleep, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time, Professor Layton: The Diabolical Box, or Beyond Good and Evil if anyone's interested... But of course, most of those are probably already done.

You can find the list of completed reviews here: http://www.christiananime.net/vgrd.php

Generally speaking, the databases focus on new games (the only people looking at our database are those considering buying games, which tends toward the newer ones). So unless you are reviewing the remake of FFIV, there's probably no need.
uc pseudonym

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Hmmm. Well, I'm not that video-game oriented, but maybe I could put something out for Fallout 3? Probably should do it before the newest one in the series, Fallout: Las Vegas, goes on the shelves.

Also, even though the games are oriented towards younger girls, would there be a problem if I reviewed the Nancy Drew game series? (and if I did, should I do one review per game? Since they all have different storylines, and some are years older than the one that came out last October)
Atria35

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion,
Mass Effect 2,
and
Splinter Cell: Conviction

Please?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 am

I could put a review for Mass effect 2 and Alan wake up as soon as i finish both games.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Yukio Masachita » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 am

The Xenosaga trilogy for the Playstation 2
and
the Shin Megami tensei series
(I'd suggest you start with Persona 3 for the Playstation 2 (My fave!), Devil Survivor and Strange Journey for the Nintendo DS.)
Yukio Masachita

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:09 am

Yukio Masachita (post: 1400361) wrote:The Xenosaga trilogy for the Playstation 2
and
the Shin Megami tensei series
(I'd suggest you start with Persona 3 for the Playstation 2 (My fave!), Devil Survivor and Strange Journey for the Nintendo DS.)

XS1 was outstanding. I've known a lot of people (myself included) that just couldn't get though 2 or 3, though. YMMV.
Mithrandir

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:34 pm

[color="Plum"]Could someone please review Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast?[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby KougaHane » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:21 am

MomentOfInertia (post: 1398905) wrote:Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion,
Mass Effect 2,
and
Splinter Cell: Conviction

Please?

I think I could do one for Oblivion, but I'm not sure how. Do I just create a new thread?
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 am

KougaHane (post: 1409080) wrote:I think I could do one for Oblivion, but I'm not sure how. Do I just create a new thread?

No- go to the 'Reviews' tab, click on 'Video Games', and in the bar just below the letters, there should be a link that says 'add your own'. Hope this helps!
Atria35

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews