DDR Finally on PS3 (maybe 8 arrow kind, too)

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

DDR Finally on PS3 (maybe 8 arrow kind, too)

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 am

There was news about a year or so ago about 8-button DDR Coming to PS3. This marks the end of a long Bemani boycott of the system (brought on, I believe, because of Singstar... They didn't like that the owner of the system made a competing product, and it BEAT them)

Well, DDR in SOME form is hitting soon. I hope the controller is BC because I'd be able to play my PS2 DDR games finally. I also am intrigued by the 8 arrow variety of DDR, but I have a hard enough time with Pump it Up's 5 arrows. I'm not sure that Bemani is making good on their talk of 8 arrow DDR hitting consoles, but either way, I'm glad it's finally hitting the PS3.

It would be nice if they did like Singstar, and let you put in the PS2 disc to do the songs on those games (you can put in PS2 singstar games on the PS3 version to play those songs...)

(funny this came up soon after discussing it in chat...)

If they do Karaoke Revolution in Japan now that their PS3 boycott is over, I'm so importing it to get my anime songs... Or maybe Sony will finally put out a Japanese Singstar... Either way, yay for a region free system!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 am

http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Revolution-Game-8-Arrow-PlayStation-3/dp/B002DC8GI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281203278&sr=8-1

I feel kind of weird doing this, but

FREAKING BUMP

Seriously, is no one but me excited about this?

I was right, too. It's the 8-arrow version. It's not just PS3, I see now... But Konami's facebook page had only been talking about PS3 because that's the only system that didn't have it yet.

Is anyone other than me picking this up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby ADXC » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 pm

No Bob, I'm excited about it.

I mainly just hope it is able to play my PS2 DDR games.
ADXC

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Will there be anime songs? I have the Mario DDR, and haven't got others cause my taste in music. >.<
How does a 5 arrow work??? A star shaped pad?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ADXC » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Actually RC, I do have a DDR game on my computer that has a boat load of anime songs.

A guy from college let me download his version.
ADXC

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:39 am

Well, Hopefully Konami learned from their mistakes and AT LEAST offers classic song collections for download.

BTW Pump-It-Up (the Korean 5 arrow DDR clone) has a middle button, and the rest of them are all diagonals. Ironically, the new DDR pad STILL doesn't have a middle button, so it still wouldn't be compatible with PIU.
Bobtheduck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 am

But, I stand in the middle!! o.0 Oh, I guess if it's for PS3 I could use my Japan PS account to download Japanese songs? That would be nice...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1415152) wrote:But, I stand in the middle!! o.0 Oh, I guess if it's for PS3 I could use my Japan PS account to download Japanese songs? That would be nice...

You'll probably have to use the Japanese version of the game, too, but yes... This would be open to you.
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 pm

WHERE'S MAH SAMURAI?

Man I miss DDR SO much.

The better have an epic awesome song list. LIKE EVERY SONG EVER. It's a friggen BLU-RAY disc. THEY COULD DO IT.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I just realized that the state of my knee may make it very difficult to play a game like this...

Gah, I hate being an unresilient adult.
Bobtheduck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Well, first, I need a PS3. I'll have to stick with my PS2 versions.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews