3DS News Flash!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby TheMewster » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 am

$300! Nu-uh! God bless Nintendo, but I'm NOT paying that much for a gaming console, especially when there's starving little kids in Africa! If price gets REALLY low, I MAY consider it, but unless they make a game I'm dying to have, not interested.
Plus, Nintendo said it might hurt your eyes and you shouldnt play it long and should take breaks. BREAKS DOING WHAT!!?? Taking a break from gaming and not just heading off to my iphone/regular ds would be mind-meltingly BOR-ing! So to me, 3DS just isnt worth it. God bless the makers, but I dont plan to buy it anytime soon...
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 pm

If anyone really wants to play Ocarina of Time, then why not go buy a Nintendo 64? It's cheaper.

I personally think it's pretty sad that Nintendo is baiting people with remakes/ports of old games. Seriously? Come up with something new. :I
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:19 pm

From Vinny's experiences with the 3DS, he said that the 3D is the least important aspect of the system. In fact his opinion was "I'll probably turn it on at first when I play a game and go 'Oh that's cool I guess' and then switch it off."

But yeah he said trying to play any game in 3D on the 3DS made his eyes hurt after about ten minutes, so...there's that. Consensus seems to be to just switch off the 3D and play it like that.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby battletech » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:50 am

The guy in Gameinformer spent six hours with it and said the 3D worked. He mentioned that most of the time he had the 3D up on high. He said that some games did strain his eyes and that they were all racing type like games. It's a mixed bag when it comes to the 3D. We will not really know until a larger group of people try it. Nintendo did warn that the 3D was bad for young children and people with eye problems.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1458819) wrote:If anyone really wants to play Ocarina of Time, then why not go buy a Nintendo 64? It's cheaper.

I personally think it's pretty sad that Nintendo is baiting people with remakes/ports of old games. Seriously? Come up with something new. :I

I would if I could find one at a reasonable price/with equipment that is in good/new condition. I've looked online off and on for a Super Nintendo (so I could play Super Mario World) without much success and the same for the N-64.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:18 pm

That's odd. There are no used game shops where you live, like Vintage Stock or Movie Trading Company? Or if there aren't any stores locally, go to eBay-- there are tons of N64s on there for sale (I'd recommend only buying from "Top-Rated Sellers"). N64s are relatively cheap, but SNES are apparently still in high demand and usually cost about 50 bucks.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby battletech » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm

I have a site since someone said something about buying old systems. nintendosforsale.com
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby firestorm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:55 pm

TheMewster (post: 1458802) wrote:$300! Nu-uh! God bless Nintendo, but I'm NOT paying that much for a gaming console, especially when there's starving little kids in Africa! If price gets REALLY low, I MAY consider it, but unless they make a game I'm dying to have, not interested.
Plus, Nintendo said it might hurt your eyes and you shouldnt play it long and should take breaks. BREAKS DOING WHAT!!?? Taking a break from gaming and not just heading off to my iphone/regular ds would be mind-meltingly BOR-ing! So to me, 3DS just isnt worth it. God bless the makers, but I dont plan to buy it anytime soon...

I would like to note that that warning is pretty much in every console manual. XD

Also I agree I would want to get it at first especially since I'm saving up for something. I'll just wait til a couple price drops
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1458999) wrote:That's odd. There are no used game shops where you live, like Vintage Stock or Movie Trading Company? Or if there aren't any stores locally, go to eBay-- there are tons of N64s on there for sale (I'd recommend only buying from "Top-Rated Sellers"). N64s are relatively cheap, but SNES are apparently still in high demand and usually cost about 50 bucks.

No used game stores. Just GameStop, which has no older systems (the last several times I looked, at least.)

Thanks for the Ebay tip --I'll check there when I get some funds. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:45 pm

I got to try one tonight. A friend of mine got the system the other day and I got to try it out.

I love it a lot, but it did hurt my eyes and I got a little dizzy from it. I then switch it 3D off and kept playing. When switching the 3D slider all the way down, the graphics still look great and doesn't take away from game playing at all.

Since the 3D switch is a slider, you can slide it in the middle and after doing that, you still have the 3D graphics and it wasn't bad on the eyes as I played for some time with the slider in the middle.

For now, my DS lite will hold me over and see what other games will be release for the 3DS. For now, we are saving money to get a PS3 for down the road. When the 3DS lite comes out, I think that I will go out and buy one, but I do want see what games will come out for the 3DS.

As it has been reported and we tested it, region-locking is true.
Roy Mustang

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews