Gore-less gamers left out in the cold.

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1460456) wrote: There are games where you can jump off really high buildings, but don't go splat.

Is it safe to say I loled at that? *flees topic in case it isn't*
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1461458) wrote:Is it safe to say I loled at that? *flees topic in case it isn't*

Yes, of course! XP
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:55 pm

*comes back* Oh, good. Well in my opinion, lots of blood and gore kinda scare me, so I stay away from those kinds of games. I really don't like shooting games anyway, I like stuff of the fantasy type.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 am

Heh, this is funny because my brother and I were just watching a playthrough of Fallout 3 tonight. We were really curious about this game and others like it such as Bioshock: Infinity. Anyway, I agree with you RC about the excess of gore. I'm a gamer who every once in a while feel the urge to get into an FPS game just to have the fun of shooting off guns in simulated combat. But I never want to be in a "real" combat situation where I will have to kill "real" people... as long as its in the realm of pretend, then I think its ok. But my stomach can go only so far (and this goes for movies and TV). I can't stand gore, so it stands to reason there should be a no gore option (in the old days it was called a "no blood" option). But I'm sorry to say bro, I don't think you'll be able to find any such work around. From what my brother and I saw, it looks like excessive gore is one of the desired features of the game. You see, we watched as the player took his pneumatic gauntlet and knocked an NPCs head clear off. We were frozen as we saw the head flying. The player was commenting how much he liked it because now you could see the head fly or something. It was really disturbing for my tastes, even such that, though the story is really fascinating, I'll never play that game. Anyway, my point is, I just don't think there is any such option for the game.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:50 am

Generally, I don't like huge tons of gore. But it's so over-the-top and unrealistic in Fallout 3 (except for the spatter, and I hate the gore bags. My brother and I stay well away from those) that I have no issue playing it.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:28 am

What do you mean by the spatter?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews