Mmo...

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Mmo...

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 am

MMOs, who here plays 'em? Which games do you play? Any recommendations? Of those you play/recommend, why do you like them? I'm personally looking for a good Anime style mmo I can play and just have fun. ^_^ Good story would be nice but I don't really want to play something heavy set with magic (I'm not talking magic element, I mean story base magic).
Currently, my MMOs are:

1. Champions Online, it was my first and the one I'm most used to. kinda like the duel system but haven't had much to compare to that. But the best part of this MMO is the immense customization of your character... er, at least for me as a gold member. On the flip side, its kinda difficult to connect to the community, everyone kinda does their own thing and its hard to make friends.
2. Florensia, fun casual MMO. not much magic and the community is really nice and friendly.
3. S4League, this just plain fun PVP, reminds me of my old HALO multi-player days. ^_^

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:41 am

I've only played the following:

1. Guild Wars (long time player, but haven't been playing for quite some time)
2. Runes of Magic (just tried it out)
3. Lord of the Rings online (same thing, tried it, but liked it a little more than Runes of Magic)
4. Champions Online (currently playing and enjoying it. Where else can you fly and bring the smack down to criminals? ) :)
Sammy Boy

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:08 pm

I've had a look around for MMOs, as I was interested in joining one not too long ago. However, I can't seem to find anything that fits that description (I'm looking for the same thing you are plus the criteria that it doesn't have some sort of deity in it - Nothing is to oppose Yahweh in my book!).

The best website for MMORPGs and such that I've found so far is:
http://www.onrpg.com/

Let me know if you find anything of interest. We might be able to team up.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews