Advice with Winter Sale

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Advice with Winter Sale

Postby SpaceCowboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:30 am

Steam Sale is near! That means lord Gaben will fill his pockets with money...but that's not my point.

Due do the fact that they are...well, sales, I was thinking of buying "en masse" the following games (since, unlike most people, I only buy them during major sales, like Summer or Winter, to save money):
- Borderlands (1,2, Pre-Sequel)
- Deus Ex (The Original, Human Revolution, Mankind Divided; I WILL NOT buy Invisible War)
- Dead Space 2
-Titanfall 2 (Not Steam, but still on sale)

But, BEFORE I pledge my wallet to lord Gaben, I wanted to ask (mostly since Steam refund is a pain): are there in any of these games explicitly anti Christian things I should be aware of? (And by that I mean direct insults towards God, Jesus or any divine figure; HEAVY blasphemy both in words and images, which doesen't include a couple "goddammit" here and there; Satanic imagery and symbols; particularly crude and offensive depictions/parodies/jokes of God and Jesus...the list goes on, but you got what I mean...also as a side, lighter note, do they include any religion-based joke/parody/ecc?)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
SpaceCowboy

Re: Advice with Winter Sale

Postby IPv4 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:17 pm

what is it exactly that you want to avoid?

blasphemy?

cursing?

other stuff
IPv4

Re: Advice with Winter Sale

Postby SpaceCowboy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:43 am

IPv4 wrote:what is it exactly that you want to avoid?

blasphemy?

cursing?

other stuff

I want to avoid insults directed towards deity (like jesus f****** christ or "God is a son of...", things like "goddammit" do not count, because you're not actually insulting God), depictions of the Christian God being evil, insulting imagery (like, I dunno, a Jesus promoting guns and drugs) or just plain old satanic symbols (pentagrams, inverted crosses, baphomets...)
SpaceCowboy

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews