What Christmas Means to Me

Talk about anything in here.

What Christmas Means to Me

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Here is what Christmas means to me. I think everyone should read this:

Two thousand and eight years ago, a miraculous baby was born in a manger. And that same amount of time later, we still celebrate His birth. But are we humans truly worthy of salvation? It’s really hard to say yes to that. We humans aren’t exactly the most worthy species on Earth when it comes to salvation. We’ve killed hundreds of our own kind. But that’s the whole point of salvation--we’re not supposed to deserve it.
To me, Christmas is the most important holiday of the year. There are some who say it shouldn’t be celebrated because it actually falls on a pagan winter holiday. But I think that is irrelevant. My feeling is that it is the only time of year when humans go out of their way to be nice and charitable to each other; to put aside our differences and at least try to act the way God wants us to. I think that the reason we celebrate Christmas is that we want to thank God for giving us one more chance. We failed so much, and yet God still loves us.
So let us never forget that on Christmas as we are opening our presents and giving presents to each other, we are celebrating the one gift that could never be put in a package, no matter how festive the wrapping. And that is the gift of our Savior, Lord Jesus Christ
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to General