CAA MENSA-club

Talk about anything in here.

CAA MENSA-club

Postby IPv4 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 pm

What is your iq? I had a non official iq test some months ago and scored 110 but I believe I can do better. I spent a long time on the 1st question and suddenly my brain started to figure things out, but yea the test was timed :(

Think your smarter than me?
IPv4

Re: CAA MENSA-club

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:38 pm

IPv4 wrote:Think your smarter than me?

"you're".
ClosetOtaku

Postby IPv4 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:08 am

forgetfullness is a sign of intelligence.

(according to youtube)
IPv4

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:06 am

LOL. You guys are killing me
anlptgtsg

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Online IQ tests are notorious for skewing towards higher scores, even when things like the Flynn effect are accounted for. It's more of an ego boost and something you can post for the benefit of your social standing among your online friends ("see, look how smart I am!")

I looked it up, and MENSA only takes proctored exams for entrance qualifications - someone has to keep an eye on you to make sure you didn't bring in a phone or answer key, little things like that. On top of that, they are looking for IQs above 120...but from what I understand, MENSA, for some people, is an ego booster club that serves the same purpose as the 145 you totally got on that online test.
Davidizer13

Postby IPv4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 am

I didnt do a test online. It was offline in the real world, 40 patterns to be solved in 40 minutes and all i had was an ink pen. But yea online tests are stupid. Also I think to join mensa you need 132 or more. 120 is probably for the less fancy high iq society.

High iq may be an ego booster, but that doesnt mean its worthless. Iq is supposed to be an indicator how fast you can learn new stuff, not how much you know.
IPv4

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 am

Iq is supposed to be an indicator how fast you can learn new stuff, not how much you know.

That's true to at least a first approximation, but the details are quite nebulous. What gets measured varies to a certain degree from test to test and is likely a composite of many factors.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Furen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:10 pm

I think a long time ago, I did an internet test and got 115 (or 125).
Quite honestly, I don't think that's accurate and I would love to have an actual IQ test to see where I would score.

I was in my psychology class and was thinking about the validity of the tests. Would an IQ test be considered something that is prejudicial to a segment of society in this day and age?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to General