Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:50 am

sunrise over a sea of blood :mortal treason
burning bridges and everything falls: haste the day
Failure on :Beloved [us]
free to conquer : subseven (not metal but basically like blindside)
oh god the aftermath:norma jean
silence :blindside
new medicines:dead poetic
call to the martyrs:mortal treason
funeral of God:Zao

oops forgot to mention staples truth and reconcilation album such a good cd
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Knives » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:05 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:oops forgot to mention staples truth and reconcilation album such a good cd

I got that CD for Christmas, its pretty good, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would :(
Knives

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:01 pm

Knives wrote:I got that CD for Christmas, its pretty good, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would :(

It's a lot softer and more poppy than their self-titled cd. And for me, that is not a good thing.
Eric

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:03 am

It's a lot softer and more poppy than their self-titled cd. And for me, that is not a good thing.

yea it is but i still like it alot mostly cuz i love the songs sound of silence and gravel from gunbarrels (or at least something like that haven't listen to the cd in a while)

GrubbTheFragger

Postby xCAFx » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:49 am

Hey does anyone watch Homestar Runner?Well if you havent already seen the Strong Bad e-amil about metal then go here:SB and watch the Strong Bad e-mail called "Death Metal", its really really funny(although not entirely accurate).
xCAFx

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:17 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:yea it is but i still like it alot mostly cuz i love the songs sound of silence and gravel from gunbarrels (or at least something like that haven't listen to the cd in a while)

Also, the production isn't as good as on their self-titled cd.
Eric

Postby Knives » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:52 pm

xCAFx wrote:Hey does anyone watch Homestar Runner?Well if you havent already seen the Strong Bad e-amil about metal then go here:SB and watch the Strong Bad e-mail called "Death Metal", its really really funny(although not entirely accurate).

Lol, I cant wait to watch that email...
ALso, did you guys notice that in the last song on the cd (Final Night) there are words that arent in the lyric booklet!? It is really weird...it sounds like he is talking about sex or something...maybe im just perverted...:D
Knives

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:55 pm

knives wrote:ALso, did you guys notice that in the last song on the cd (Final Night) there are words that arent in the lyric booklet!? It is really weird...it sounds like he is talking about sex or something...maybe im just perverted...:D
no i didn't notice that *goes to investigate*

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Zilch » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:11 pm

Hey, just a wonderment here, but did anyone else find Argyle Park whilst they were live and kicking. That's some good industrial metal right there.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Knives » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:19 pm

Havent herad Argyle Park, but it sounds good...
*checks it out*
Ok, I am having trouble finding any songs by them on the internet...Amazon.com didn't have it, mp3.com didn't have it, iTunes didn't have it...
Ok, I found a place where you can download some songs by them (im not sure if it is legal...) http://www.kevspace.net/argylepark/repression/repression.html
Ok...I listened to one of their songs, its interesting stuff, but I am not a huge fan of it.
Knives

Postby RobinSena » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 am

Knives wrote:Lol, I cant wait to watch that email...
ALso, did you guys notice that in the last song on the cd (Final Night) there are words that arent in the lyric booklet!? It is really weird...it sounds like he is talking about sex or something...maybe im just perverted...:D

Would you happen to mean their hidden track, The Corners I'll Stand On?

Darin Keim(lead singer) Talks about the meaning. http://jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/new/track.asp?track_id=2551
RobinSena

Postby Knives » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Oh, its a hidden track...that is probably what it is...by the way, do you want to join the HBU?
Knives

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:04 pm

Funny that you mentioned Argyle Park...I was just listening to them in my car...And will again soon!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby RobinSena » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:14 am

Sure..

Band: Demon Hunter.

Type: hmm.. Death metal(does demon hunter qualify as death metal? I usually like at least a little singing with my screaming.. ;))

Album: The Triptych
Top three songs: Undying, When Everything Falls, Not I,

Cool..
RobinSena

Postby Knives » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:01 pm

Cool, Glad you could join! I'm not sure if Demon Hunter would be classified as Death Metal, definatly metal though.
Knives

Postby xCAFx » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:31 pm

Demon Hunter is usually classified as Nu Metal/Metalcore but i like to use Numetalcore cause they have Nu metal guitar work and Hxc guitar work with hardcore vocals(and singing).
xCAFx

Postby indyrocker » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:14 pm

Yep that also seems the be the conclusion on godcore as well. Tho I must say out of there 3 albums Triptych is the best! Tho I still haven't mabe up my mind wether I like Prong's "snap your fingers, snap your neck" or the cover by Demon Hunter more.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Knives » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:49 pm

agentsmith700 wrote:Yep that also seems the be the conclusion on godcore as well. Tho I must say out of there 3 albums Triptych is the best! Tho I still haven't mabe up my mind wether I like Prong's "snap your fingers, snap your neck" or the cover by Demon Hunter more.

Really, the Triptych is actually my least favorite of their albums...still great though!
Knives

Postby indyrocker » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:57 pm

Knives wrote:Really, the Triptych is actually my least favorite of their albums...still great though!
they are all great I think the reson why I like Tripych more is becasue it' mostly them where Summer of Darkness had in my opoinen to many guest vocals and Demon Hunter was a great album tho they sounded a little like a slipknot knock off and that they are not.

adopted by Rachel

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby That Dude » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:26 pm

I think that the Tryptech was also my least fave now that I ponder it.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm

i really liked the Tryptech mostly cuz i really really liked the song not I

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Knives » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:42 pm

Cool, so what do you guys think of 80s metal bands like Metallica, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Motorhead etc. I am really loving the old stuff right now...Ace of Spades and "You got Another Thing Coming" are awesome!
Knives

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:38 pm

Honestly I really dislike a lot of 80's metal. Hair metal is just not my forte.
That Dude

Postby indyrocker » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:42 pm

I actualy like some of it particualry Matalica and Anthrax. Actualy i am listening to "got the time" By Anthrax right now.

adopted by Rachel

indyrocker

Postby Inferno » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 am

Ok I need to join this club!

Band: UNDEROATH ALL THE WAY!!!! (and not their new Cd I really only like their older stuff)
Genre: hardcore, deathmetal, blackmetal, metalcore so hard to just think of one!
3 songs: Watch me die (underoath), A proclamation of evil's fate (The Showdown), Substance (Haste the Day)

BTW: Haste the Day started in my city, I thought that was soooo cool!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:11 am

inferno wrote:UNDEROATH ALL THE WAY!!!! (and not their new Cd I really only like their older stuff)

i am not much of a fan of Underoaths old stuff just cuz it's to chaotic for my tastes (for some reason i am a mortal treason fan) i am more melodic hardcore and screamo stuff.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:35 pm

As of late, I really have gotten into the band Draconian and maudlin of the Well. Both great bands.
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:04 pm

Some of my favorite stuff is the chaotic hardcore such as August Burns Red...Those guys rock my elbows off.
That Dude

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:57 pm

I've grown to dislike chaoscore or chaotic hardcore (same thing). I still like Norma Jean but bands like August Burns Red and The Chariot just makes my head hurt. I listen to metal to here the beautifulness that can be found in the background. I can't seem to find any beautifulness in chaotic hardcore. But that's just me.

That's why I am leaning towards Death/Doom/Goth metal nowadays. That stuff seriously is both sad and beautiful. I love it :)
Hitokiri

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:50 am

that dude wrote:Some of my favorite stuff is the chaotic hardcore such as August Burns Red...Those guys rock my elbows off.

yea in the past few days i have been likeing the chaos stuff a bit more specially as you said august burns red (\m/ >< \m/) the are one of my favs but i like as cities burn also(they aren't chaos tho) and well i am a fatefull mortal treason fan even tho they broke up.

GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session