Old Newsboys

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Old Newsboys

Postby SageRock » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:58 pm

Heh heh, I'm listening to the first Newsboys CD, Read All About It. It's pretty awesome, though certainly different. Has anyone heard it (or even heard OF it?)? What do you guys think about it? I love the vocals, but everything really rocks.
SageRock

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:11 pm

I've heard *of* it, and I've seen it, I just haven't sat down to listen to it. However, I'm a pretty hardcore Newsboys fan nonetheless. My favorite album has definately got to be Steppin' Up to the Microphone, though. If I remember right, this record was made prior to Peter taking over as lead right?
Ashley

Postby SageRock » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:36 pm

Ashley wrote:If I remember right, this record [[[Steppin' up to the microphone]]] was made prior to Peter taking over as lead right?

It was actually made right after John James left, Which I mourn because I prefer their Take Me to Your Leader, Going Public, and Not Ashamed phase. They're still good though. As you, I use to be a hardcore fan, and even through S.U.T.T.M. I was, but my fanhood was toned down after that. Do you have a favorite song?
SageRock

Postby cbwing0 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:48 am

I'm a fan of the Newboys (in fact, I just saw them four days ago at Winterfest :grin: ), but I haven't heard of that album. What songs are on it? I've probably heard most of them, so maybe I will recognize it then.
cbwing0

Read All About It

Postby SageRock » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:44 pm

cbwing0 wrote: What songs are on it? I've probably heard most of them, so maybe I will recognize it then.

Here is the discography:

I Got Your Number
Listen for the Shout!
Lighthouse
It's joy
You're still there
Hold on tight
Never surrender
The big time
He'as coming back
Read all about it

Those aren't in order, I'm in a bit of a rush, sorry.
SageRock

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:58 pm

I think the only one I've heard out of those is "I've Got Your Number." That is one of my favorite Newsboys songs. :)
cbwing0

Return to Jam Session