[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Quick! Preferred Music?! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Quick! Preferred Music?!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Quick! Preferred Music?!

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:13 am

Techno and Christian heavy metal is the best! :rock:
Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 am

Jpop and Kpop for sure! (Korean Boy Bands are the BEST!)
Atria35

Postby Ella Edric » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 am

Christian hard rock!! Classic rock! All kinds of rock! Techno and Christian contemporary.... classical music. traditional celtic... and and and many others.... Holy cow I like a lot of music. O.o
Ella Edric

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 am

Atria35 (post: 1442568) wrote:Jpop and Kpop for sure! (Korean Boy Bands are the BEST!)

I like J-pop, too. The only problem? Most of the J-pop songs I listen to are from anime shows, so I don't have a wide knowledge of different Japanese singers. :sweat:
Ally-Ann

Postby Edward » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Post-Punk and alternative rock, and somtimes metal or punk rock.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Pretty much anything except R&B and modern country.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 pm

mostly alternative rock and Christian Rock. I also like some Metal.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Moved to Jam Session!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Power and melodic metal for me :) Also punk-rock/rock/alternative-rock.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Atria35 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1442577) wrote:I like J-pop, too. The only problem? Most of the J-pop songs I listen to are from anime shows, so I don't have a wide knowledge of different Japanese singers. :sweat:

TBH, that's how I got into those bands in the first place- I heard anime songs I liked, and that usually led me to similar bands/singers- for instance, the gourp (Kalafina) that does my favorite songs for the anime Kara no Kyoukai includes two members from another group, FictionJunction.
Atria35

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Indie pop, electronic, shoegaze, hip hop and j-pop.

Click muh playlist, and hear for yourself.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Now that I have time to make a reply, I have a pretty wide range where my taste in music is concerned. XD I love indie, rock, alternative, folk, and any mixture of those four. I also like some pop (this word covers a much wider range of music than Top 40 pop, which I can't stand XD), some punk, post rock, some experimental stuff, some indie electronica, etc. I also love jazz and almost anything from Broadway. XD

Basically, the only things I'm guaranteed to dislike where music is concerned is modern country (read: not Johnny Cash), 99% of rap music, hip-hop/R&B, and almost anything that plays on a Top 40 radio station or comes from the Disney Channel. XD

Oh, and also anything that includes a mariachi band (Ring of Fire, you are cutting it close). XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Nate (post: 1442597) wrote:Pretty much anything except R&B and modern country.

Pretty much this.

But a bit more specifically, I like anything with great instrumentation: power metal (I like my metal to wail, not growl), Baroque-period classical, jazz/blues, folk/ballads, instrumental rock, a bit of punk, chiptune, etc. And pretty much anything that came from the '80s: New Wave, synthpop, electronica and old-school rap.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby armeck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

punk rock, power metal, and techno (and various bands that fit into other genres)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 pm

'90s rock. Music in general isn't as good anymore as it was back then.

Also, funk. In case that wasn't obvious by my current avatar & custom user title.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby armeck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1442652) wrote:Pretty much this.

But a bit more specifically, I like anything with great instrumentation: power metal (I like my metal to wail, not growl), Baroque-period classical, jazz/blues, folk/ballads, instrumental rock, a bit of punk, chiptune, etc. And pretty much anything that came from the '80s: New Wave, synthpop, electronica and old-school rap.

not often i hear someone use the term "synthpop" i love synthpop but usually just call it "techno pop" so people know what i'm talking about
armeck

Postby Blacklight » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Hard rock, alternative rock, many other types of rock and various metal.

I can't really be too specific because sometimes there's a bit of debate about what genre a band I listen to is. And sometimes I just can't be sure what all I listen to...
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:43 am

I forgot to mention I like VOCALOID. Rin and Miku all the way! And maybe a little Meiko, too. :thumb:
Ally-Ann

Postby Nate » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:54 am

Htom Sirveaux wrote:'70s rock. Music in general isn't as good anymore as it was back then.

Fixed that for you.

Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.

Nate

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Mostly I like country music. *ducks from tomatoes being thrown at her* Aside from that, sometimes I'll listen to some of my Dad's assorted old CD's, things like Talking Heads and B-52'S. I hated both at first (largely due to my younger brother's love of and dancing along with them) but I like them, now. It's fun to listen to something different.

Of course when Christmastime comes around I listen to whatever CD's we have, most of which are just instrumental.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby That Dude » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Oh man...

Rock, Punk, Post Punk, Hardcore, Post Hardcore, Indie Rock, Indie Electronica, Electronica, New Wave, Funk, Post Rock, Metal, Raw Rawk, Folk Rock, Folk Electronica, Post Hardcore Folk, Alternative Rock, Neo Jazz, Pop Punk, Rap, Gangsta Rap, Oldschool Rap, Spoken Word, Dance Rock...

Honestly pretty much a little of everything, though there is some music I really don't like, like most modern country, almost every Beatles song, radio pop and rap....
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:17 pm

That Dude (post: 1442884) wrote:. . . though there is some music I really don't like . . . almost every Beatles song . . .

Radical Dreamer

Postby armeck » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:17 pm

anything with a synthesizer
armeck

Postby Nate » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Jack is sad that the Beatles have been exposed as the overrated band that they are. Note: "overrated" is not synonymous with "bad."

Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:23 pm

"Overrated" is also not synonymous with The White Album.

Whaaaatt. XDD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Nate » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 pm

"White Album" is a Sub App in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey that increases the amount of experience you gain in battle.

I'm not sure if that's a Beatles reference or how it's a joke but there you go.

Nate

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:38 pm

[color="Plum"]J-Pop
Pop
Contemporary Christian
R&B
Neo Soul
Soft Rock
Dance
80's and 90's music
[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby That Dude » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1442927) wrote:Image

Corey, I do like pretty much all the other music that you like...

And I'd make a joke, but my mind can't come up with one at the moment for some reason.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

That Dude (post: 1443075) wrote:Corey, I do like pretty much all the other music that you like...

And I'd make a joke, but my mind can't come up with one at the moment for some reason.

I would appreciate this more if that was how my name was spelled.

(XDD)

Radical Dreamer

Postby Midori » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:39 pm

My tastes in music are pretty eclectic, but with one condition: I can't listen to lyrics very well. For some reason, the musical half of my brain just overrides the language part of my brain. So if the song has emphasis on the lyrics I probably will be bored with it unless the lyrics are very clearly spoken and interesting.
Midori

Next

Return to Jam Session