[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
How am I going to make a religion based on Christianity for my story? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

How am I going to make a religion based on Christianity for my story?

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

How am I going to make a religion based on Christianity for my story?

Postby Sir Scaravich » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:34 am

I'm planning to make a story, and want to know how I can make a religion based on Christianity, because I'm basically trying to make a world that's different from ours (Yet, their planet is in the Solar System.) So, based off what I've said, do you think it is better to make a religion based on Christianity or like what??
Sir Scaravich

Re: How am I going to make a religion based on Christianity for my story?

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:52 pm

That depends on the message and the world you're trying to construct. World-building might necessarily include other religions, but if you're going to do something based on Christianity, I would (personally, my own opinion) make certain it doesn't violate core beliefs about Christ that might lead a less-informed reader in the wrong direction. If you've never read C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy (starting with "Out of the Silent Planet"), you might want to do so to get an idea of how he dealt with the concept of Christianity on other planets.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Re: How am I going to make a religion based on Christianity for my story?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:46 pm

I second checking up on C.S. Lewis’ works. He has a beautiful way of marrying Christian faith and fiction in his stories.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Writing