help with poem

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

help with poem

Postby firestorm » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:33 pm

I was wondering if you guys can help me out? I'm going to write a poem for this convention/contest thing but I cannot think of how to start it. It's going to be about the trials christians has faced since the roman times, like the gladiator battle and stuff, and throughout the rest of time til'l today.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Zilch » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:17 am

...lemme see...

I would start off with maybe the thoughts of a Christian in jail, say in a Communist country, as he's waiting to be executed, he's remembering the line of martyrs he comes from, and he's asking God for strength to follow through, and for the others in the mission field. Maybe add a line at the end, something to the extent of him seeing the door open, seeing his murderers coming, and praying for them, and then he smiles to his death. Anyway, hope it helps...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby YesIExist » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:59 am

firestorm wrote:I was wondering if you guys can help me out? I'm going to write a poem for this convention/contest thing but I cannot think of how to start it. It's going to be about the trials christians has faced since the roman times, like the gladiator battle and stuff, and throughout the rest of time til'l today.

Read the Bible and look into some history books. Get the book(s) from a Christian bookstore, so it's not skewed by skeptical secular baloney.

:sweat: <- Put some of this into it, if it means something to ya.
Idle hands are indeed the devil's playground. -_- :bang:
YesIExist

Postby churchgirl111 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:08 am

hmm...i've written similar things...
i would suggest putting yourself in their shoes in able to get a better perspective..basically close your eyes and imagine you are about to face a raging crowd, lions and death all for believing in the saviour...try to put yourself there then write it...and if it is until modern times...maybe each stanza could be a different christian and different era facing a trial for being a Christian...

example:

1st stanze-roman times...christian facing the coliseum and death
2nd stanza- middle ages...
etc. etc.

anyways thats my two cents..hope it helps :)
[quote] If not now then when? If not me then who?- anonymous

:thumb: LOVE AND PEACE!!!- Vash the Stampede

This is His testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son, He who has the Son of God has Life. He who does not have the Son of God does not have Life.-John

Why am i crying in French??- Vash the Stampede
:thumb: :P :jump:
churchgirl111

Return to Writing