"Beloved Disciple," young ladies Bible Study

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Jaltus-bot » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:21 pm

There is no way I'm going to be catching up on the study in time to the group meetings.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:52 am

Sher, I think you are probably not the exception here. Many of the members of our study are students and have had a tough time keeping up. I think we will still be blessed by your presence at our chat tonight, whether you are caught up or not. So, if you can please take part. ^_______^

And, I say this to everyone who can come by the chat. God can still speak to our hearts whether or not we are caught up in the workbook. ~_^

Hope to see you all there tonight.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:50 pm

Thanks TNC. :hug:
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:00 pm

sheherazade wrote: Thanks TNC. :hug:

sure ^________^ *hugs back*

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Prayer Requests, most recent ^__^

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:34 pm

These are the most recent updates for the prayer request list. Thank you all for your prayers. ^________^ Our study is almost over and then we have Chrismas break. Let me know if you have any ideas for a Spring study or if you think with school work that may be too difficult; and rather, I'll plan a new study for the summer, Lord willing.;)

Here are the requests and updates. It helps for me to copy this list and place it in my workbook, and then when I pray I always have this available.

Anyways:

Administration and Moderators - Every single one of our admin. and mods have been busy with recent troll attacks and keeping our forum safe. Please remember to pray for them and thank the Lord for the work they do. If you want to pray for them by name: (admin.) Ashley, Gypsy, Shatterheart, Straylight, OldPhil, (mods) ShiroiHikari, Inkhana, UC, Shooraijin, and Lightbringer

ShiroiHkkari - She really needs a job badly and she asks you pray for her to have the courage to go out and interview and not get too nervous and find a good job. She still struggles with SAD, and this makes job-hunting that much harder. Also, continue to pray for her relationship with her boyfriend, as it moves in the direction according to the Lord's will.

Spirit_Wolf - She will be leading a young ladies Beloved Disciple study at her church starting in January (Praise the Lord! :jump: ) and so she would love our prayers that He will give her the strength and words to speak as she guides the girls in this study. She knows, "I can do all things through Christ," as she told me. So true, Spirit_Wolf! ;) Also, pray for her studies, especially for Math and Chemistry, which don't come easy for her and she still struggles with these subjects and of course her college decisions. Plus, her family is not any worse, but things haven't gotten any better either, and they still need much prayer.

Mave - She has a praise, the Lord blessed her with the internship she wanted at Kelloggs. :jump: PTL! Urgent prayer request! Mave needs somewhere to live. The living arrangements did not work out. Please pray the Lord will provide her with the best possible place before Christmas. :( Her data collecting on her thesis is also going well, so thank the Lord and please pray it continues to go well.

Ducky - Her grandfather's angioplasty went well, however there have been some complications. Please pray the Lord use this to bring her grandfather to Him.

EireWolf - She and her husband are still house hunting. Please pray the Lord finds them and moves them to the perfect house according to His will. I know He will open and close the right doors. ;)

Golden_Griff - Her cousin who has had three surgeries on her arm is doing much better. She will have full use of her arm again, so Griffie would just like to lift up a Praise God! :angel:

Chloe - My husband passed his real estate licensing exams with great scores and so I'd like to say a big thank you to God! He is so good to us. ^_____^ And, my kids, I always ask that you lift them in prayer for the spiritual growth.

The following I didn't receive any new updates, so I'll just place what I know of them from talks we've had. Gals, please let me know if you have anything to add to this. :)

Madeline - Please continue to pray for her family. They have been through many difficulties and ask the Lord continue to bring them through and show them how much He loves them.

Lynx and Mikas - They need prayer as they continue going through college. They're roommates and I know Lynx has an unspoken request.

KisaTohru - I haven't heard from her for awhile, I just know that school has been very overwhelming and finals are here. Please keep praying for her studies. I don't have any other updates on her grandfather; but, please just pray for her family and that situation and the Lord's will in that. She is still getting over Smokey's (her cat of 9 years) death and please pray her heavy heart is relieved by His loving grace.

Sheherazade - I think she just needs a lot of prayer for her witness. Sher is witnessing to so many others and please pray the Lord's will in her continued call to do the Lord's work and her new site, Purity Seekers. Also, she still struggles with headaches, and her mother also has medical issues, so please remember that in prayer.

Kirakira - Continued prayer for her walk in the Lord and her family.

Arbre - Continued prayer for her growth in the Lord in a difficult environment, and decisions for her future work and living situation.

Griffin - Please pray her heart continues to heal and she grows closer to the Lord.

Donna - My friend who just needs continued prayer as she gets by and lives. That her faith continues to grow closer and closer to the Lord and His will be done in her life.

Please continue to send me updates guys. I'll place the rest of the updates here later. Thank you for all your prayers and faithfulness.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Kisa » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:50 am

HI all! I am back! Finished finals Tues and so now I get a month to relax!
My grandfather is still doing ok, but continue to pray for him. Also pray for my brother and his video game addicition.... he plays constantly and bareley comes down to eat, its easier now to think of my cat as well cause we got two new kittens who remind me of how great Smokey was, pray for my roomate as her family is dealing with part of their house burning down... everything is working out but they still lost stuff, also for my other roomate who is going through a hard time. Thank you so much for continuing prayer and I will try to make Saturdays chat.... I should be on more now... Have a great day! ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:03 pm

:hug: KISA!!! :hug: I'm so glad you're back. And, you updated your prayer requests. That makes me even happier. ^______^

Everyone, just a reminder, this Saturday night is our last AIM chat. I'd like to go over both Week 9 and 10. However, I am open to having a special chat on Wednesday or Thursday evening next week, before Christmas and discussing Week 10 during that time. Please pm me or tell me Saturday night if that works out for you all.

Saturday chat - 8 p.m. CST; 9 p.m., EST; 6 p.m., PST

Aiiiiiieeeeeee, Christmas is coming up sooooo fast.:wow!:

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:20 pm

Good to see you back, Kisa! Glad you survived finals. ^_^

I don't think I'll be able to make it to the chat. I might be staying over a friends house, cuz we're all hanging out that day. If I'm home, I'll be on, but it's doubtful I'll be around.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Kisa » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:40 pm

Last chat of the year or of all?! Man I really did miss alot...
o well... glad to be back and thanks for all the glomps Chloe! ^^
Kisa

Group Discussion, Week 8 (pg. 179)

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:55 pm

A few additions:

As we near the end of our journey through John's life, I want to make a comment, or rather, repeat something Beth Moore stated on her audio tape lesson; "We all teach through our lives - our lives are meant to testify."

That statement kind of reminded me of an Avalon song called, "Testify to Love."

What do we testify in our life? God places us in the position to represent His truth to everyone we come in contact with. Let's always be a living testimony of His Word, His grace and love to others. :)

Group Session 8, Week 8 (pg. 179)
"Among the Lampstands"

In the midst of many symbols and shrouds, the Book of Revelation frames several visions of such startlng clarity and detail that we could stand before them for hours and continue to discover something new. Revelation 7:9-17 encases one of those. (Please, also read Psalms 23 ;) - see if you notice how these verses coincide.)

As we study these Scriptures, let your imagination play like a videotape. We'll push the pause button on several different elements in the scene and see what we can glean.

1. A great multitude that cant be counted standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.

This multitude is ...

* Every nation: ethnos - set apart by location, customs, and laws

* Every tribe: phule - set apart by blood lines tracing to common ancestors

* Every people: laos - set apart by various common bonds of a society

* Every language: glossa - set apart by dialects or languages

These four descriptions represent every means of division between the inhabitants of earth.

2. Those who have come out of (the) great tribulation (v. 14).
Carefully note that scholars are divided about the exact meaning of this phrase. Some believe the masses of people pictured have come out of "great tribulation" (as may be implied in the KJV and could simply imply Acts 14:22), while others believe they have come out of "the great tribulation" (as may be implied in the NIV and NASB). If Scripture means the great tribulation, this gathering suggests that the most profound evangelical movement in church history will occur during the most dreadful days of human history.

Compare Revelation 6:9-11. Many scholars believe these martyrs are among those gathered in Revelation 7:9.

3. The consummatin of perfect unity in glorious diversity. Please don't miss the fact that these "nations, tribes, and peoples" are gathered as one, but - at least in this vision and for this time - retain some level of distinction.

4. The worship of the angels (vv. 11-12). "Amen!"

5. The tent of God (vv. 15-17)

Added note again, from Beth Moore's study:

Angels were created to worship. They don't really understand - or are confused - by man and the plan of salvation. Angels had to stand by and watch their Lord spat at and tortured. Can you imagine what the Angels thought? When Christ's message is fulfilled, by his return, the Angels will be like, "Oh wow, that's what it's all about." For now, they follow what the Lord asks of them, trusting in His perfect will. However, at the end they will rejoice loudly when the plan is complete.

I added in a bit of my own comments and summary at the end. :sweat:

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Mave » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:02 am

Hehe this isn't really related to the Bible Study itself but I just want to report that I found a place to stay in and I'm moving in today! YEAAAAHHH!!! XD XD I have a home, I'm no longer homeless! Oh thank you God!

The rent is inexpensive, near the campus, nice roommates and good facilities (especially good heating! <--- very important...brrr, it's super cold in Michigan right now) Thanks to everyone in this thread who prayed for me! *hugs*

Alright, I look forward to have completely moved by the end of this week and participate in the bible study this Saturday!
Mave

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:16 pm

:hug: I'm so happy for you, Mave. ^_________^ I look forward to you been at the Bible studyl, too. God is so good, ne? :rock: <--I love this emoticon

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Ducky » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:53 pm

Awesome Mave, that's really cool.

Sorry about missing the last chat ... I hope it was a blessing to everyone who was there. Anyway, have a blessed new year it was nice doing the study with ya'll.
Ducky

Group Session 9, and a little extra

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:05 pm

Be Assured of Your Salvation

I wish you all could have heard this lesson by Beth Moore. It was how you can, without a doubt, know you are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. To, with total assurance, claim the fact in the face of Satan's constant barrage of accusations at "how can you be a believer, when you act like that?" or his other famous, "you were this before, you never change. How can God use something like you?"

Well, our Assurance of our Salvation is our LIFE. You need this to live or you will die and crumble at every wave of trouble in your life.

Once we are covered by the blood of the Lamb, we cannot be uncovered. Once we are covered, we are covered. Nothing the enemy can do about it. So, how can he (the enemy) convince the covered that they are not covered? Well, he works on our pasts - our "wases" <-- bad grammer and not a word, but that's basically it - our "wases."

Well, there is NO reason to ever live in defeat we are in CONSTANT VICTORY, thanks be to the blood of the Lamb.

Let's look at Hebrews 10:19-23.
"Since therefore, brethren, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope wihout wavering, for He who promised is faithful;"

Ask yourself two questions after reading this: 1. Where is guilt here? 2. Is sin too great for His cleansing?

Major Points:

1. The blood of the Lamb is our Helmet of Salvation. It covers us. It is how we know we are saved.

2. The word of our testimony (logos) is the full expression of our journey. John 5. Your life is your life - you're one of a kind.

3. The Accuser tries to use our Was to destroy our Is. And we do the same thing to ourselves - we are such guilt-ridden creatures.

4. We are trying to cut off our was and deny it. But, we shouldn't deny it - it is our testimony, the full expression (logos) of our life. It's part of who we are. To deny our past is to lose part of our witness. Let God diffuse it - not deny it.

In Phil. 3:13-14 "... forgetting what lies behind... press on toward the goal..." This scripture has to do with trophies of our life, not our life.

Ps. 130:3, 7b "For with the Lord there is lovingkindness, And with Him is full redemption." Has He redeemed our full past or just sections? His blood covers everything.

Satan has lost! Wake up, and know you are saved without a doubt, beloved! ^___^

I'm going to place the Group Session 9 answers as an attachment, because I can't transfer the diagram. I will post Group Session 10 answers by next Monday, Lord willing.:)

I need to add, I appreciate each and every one of you. You have all blessed me greatly. I mean that, from the bottom of my heart. :hug: Each of you are so unique and wonderful and I know God will use each of you from exactly where you are. Stand firm and believe, He is our awesome God.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
true_noir_chloe

Goodbye and Group Session 10, the last one

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:15 pm

Well, I guess this is it.:sniffle: :) <--- My general feeling at the end of this study. I would have liked to have one more time with you all to chat and share your thoughts on this study. Please, feel free to place any comments here on the thread and I will ask Ashley or Gypsy to close it in a week or two.

I will miss you all and I hope you will consider joining the next study in the Spring or Summer. I am still waiting to see where the Lord leads me here. There are a few factors involved in this happening and I really need to pray about it. I ask you all to pray for me, as well. ^______^ I love you all and hope the best in your growth, as you continue to grow closer and closer to Your Precious Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the best. ^_______^

Love ya,

Val :hug:

Here is Group Session 10 for those who are working on this to copy. It's from page 223. You might also enjoy the poem Beth Moore wrote on pg. 222. ^__^

Group Session 10
"Blessed Benediction"

Revelations 19:

1. The one-word call to worship probably has great significance (v. 6,7). The word hallelujah (NIV) or alleluia (KJV) comes from the original Hebrew halelu, meaning to praise, and Yah, the shortened form of Yahwah or Jehovah. With one exception (Ps. 135:3), allellouia is always found at the beginning or end of psalms, suggesting that it was a standardized call to praise in the temple worship. This may suggest that, although every nation, tribe, and tongue will be part of this glorious wedding, the ceremony itself may be decidedly Jewish.

In ancient Hebrew tradition...

2. The actual wedding arrangements were the responsibility of the groom and his father. (See Judges 14:10-11.)

3. The chief responsibility of the bride was to prepare herself (v. 7):

* The bride prioritized purity. [very important as a pursuit for us, II Cor. 11:2]

* The bride took special baths of clean water and fragrant oils. [the clean water meant moving or living water, such as fresh water from new rain.]

* The bride (Jer. 2:32) chose fine jewelry to wear on her wedding day. [always the best and usually given by the groom and his family.]

4. During the ceremony, held under the wedding canopy or huppah (veil), the bride traditionally circled the groom (Jer. 31:22). [this meant in constant serving]

5. Seven blessings were pronounced during the ceremony (Rev. 21:1-3, 22-23)

6. Although deep repentance and personal cleansing took place in preparation, the actual wedding day was marked by great gladness of heart (Song of Songs 3:11) [no mourning allowed]

* Custom prohibited anyone from mourning or fasting on the day of the wedding (Rev. 19:7).

* The original word for "be glad" is agalliao, which means "to exult, rejoice with exuberance; often to leap for joy, show one's joy be leaping, skipping, or dancing, denoting excessive or ecstatic joy and delight."

Personalize Isaiah 62:5: "As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will [my] God rejoice over [color=black][insert your name[/color]]."
true_noir_chloe

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:52 pm

I personally really enjoyed doing this with all of you. I had a great time learning more about God, about John, and about you guys. It was so awesome to be able to talk and to share with you. *hugs everyone* You all are so wonderful and I can't thank you enough.

I look forward to doing another Bible study, Chloe. ^_^

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Ack, I'm so late in responding to this. Spirit_Wolf, we were so blessed having you as our secretary. Thank you. :hug: You bless me so much.

Spirit_Wolf8356 wrote: [color=#9932cc]I look forward to doing another Bible study, Chloe. ^_^
[/color]

Lord willing, we will have another Bible study in the Spring. I may plan one for the summer instead. We'll see where the Lord leads. Would you all want to do another Beth Moore study? My daughter and I were looking over the one on "Fruits of the Spirit," which looked short and interesting. We'll be starting that on our own.

Anyways, when we do start another study, I will place something in the General section so that everyone can sign up. I've already had two new members pm me interested in joining our next study. ^_______^ neat

Please pray for me and for the Lord's will to be done regarding this next study.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Kisa » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 pm

I personally enjoyed learning more about John and how his relationship with Jesus was. It was able to provide a different and fresh look at this disciplke which I had never really thought more about.
Thanks Chloe for leading it, you did and awesome job and I wish I could have attended the chats more! I look forward to if you do this again!
*hugs*
Kisa

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:11 pm

Kisa! :hug: Thank you for being part of this study. ^____^

A verse from one of the books John penned for an athelete like you:

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 1:2

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:32 am

Thanks! *writes it down*
That comes at such a good time too. I was feeling really down about this semester and that helped me!
*hugs*

PS Congrats on your new place Mave! *high five*
Kisa

Previous

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth