I have learned...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I have learned...

Postby Gleph » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:37 pm

That I am awefully selfish. That Internet is a good place to contact people. That we should not place more signficance over somethings than others. The we should always be open to God's word. That God is with me always. That he is a punishing God. That he is a holy and righteous God. That he knows what's best for everyone. That he will do things in his timing. That he loves everyone. That God works through many people. That he uses everything you give him. That we are social creatures, needing others. That he will combine like minded people. That people have freedom through Christ.

But here's an indepth account.

A few weeks ago I went off toa camp, itwas great! I met sme great people, and we had a great time together. There was an emphasis on DO. But i realised i should calm down. But what happened was I resorted to using the Internet. I began to get addicted again. But God is good, he used my inequities to not only grow me in his light, but make me willing praise him! He's an awesome God =) I learned various things over the course of the last few weeks. The selfishness, was realising i have all this knowledge from keeping accounts of what I do, and did not ever think of telling people about it. Obviously i don't wanna be a fool, i wanna show it to the people that need it, but still... I'd enjoy incredibly to talk to people about it. I enjoy helping people, and this is a genuine willingness, i'm not doing it for self-reward.

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Rashiir » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:32 am

Cool, man. What's DO?
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:38 pm

I think DO in this instance is just the teaching against the man who looks into the mirror and then walks away and forgets his face** That we are to not only look and read the Bible, but we are to put it into practice. :)

<><
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby Rashiir » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:06 am

Oh. I thought it was an acronym or something.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby The Shadow » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:27 am

well its always good to learn
God works in the strngest ways that u never think of
thats what ive been learning^_^
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby ZiP » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:43 am

How true, God does work in strange ways, and there isn't anything wrong with learning.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Camuel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:03 pm

Oh yes, you've hit on something really important there. We need to "Walk the talk" It's all very well shouting from the roof tops that God is good, but we need to show people by our actions of the impact He has made in our lives. The book of James is a great guideline in this.

Also if I am reading your post correctly you're talking about a habitual sin that you've had? I have learnt by experience that we should not merely take ourselves away from the temptation but be constantly asking God to transform us. For HIM to do something about it. To put the emphasis on HIS healing power. We sometimes get caught up in doing OUR best to not do this and not do that. The temptation will get worse if we rely on ourselves. Come to God first and He will tell you what to do next

If you eat things at half the fat you can have twice as much
Camuel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth