Heathen Friend Saved!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Heathen Friend Saved!

Postby SonicRose » Tue May 03, 2005 10:26 am

Back when I started working at Food Town years ago, I met Chris. We were not saved but we've kept in touch. Chris and I watch anime some times or play games. I shudder at some of his heathen entertainment and have made it a point to tell him when I am NOT amused. So, as time's gone on, I've been his only right wing sounding board for another opinion on things, polotics, evil, religion, etc.

Well, lately when he's come by, he's had questions for my Dad who's been more than happy to reply and give answer as he could..

I invited him to Church finally, and he very easily agreed (I am shocked.)

So we took him there - every service there is an altar call, but he didn't go. Still, I didn't expect he would. I was figuring maybe if we could get him to come again a few times, he might accept. Still... I nudged him toward the front of the church on the way out (rather than immediately to the back of the church), and over to our Pastor Edwards.

At first they just talked about haircuts and beards, (chris has a beard and so does our Pastor. Man he has a flat top tho. Chris said "So does your barber get out a level to get it looking like that?" ^^; ) So just as we were about to leave... Chris started asking Questions.

Dad and I took the hint and sat down nearby and prayed. Pastor Edwards lead Chris through Scripture to answer his questions ... and they prayed and Chris accepted the Lord and was Baptised 001_smile.gif

After 6 years at least of knowing him I'm quite astonished myself. o.o Please pray for him also as he's a n00b to the Christian thing and I know from being friends with him what certain things he may have to consider giving up.

Fortunately, I don't think the Lord will require him giving up drinking Mt. Dew like it's going out of style. lol.
Your arms are too short to box with God.
SonicRose

Postby Zane » Tue May 03, 2005 7:40 pm

Thats awesome SonicRose, it great to hear about long-time friends getting saved. Help him in his journey and praise the LORD.
Zane

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon May 16, 2005 4:40 am

thats awesome! Be there to help him with ups and downs now sonicrose!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Angel37 » Mon May 16, 2005 4:50 am

PRAISE GOD! What a victory for the Lord!!!!
<3 Angel
Angel37

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth