Left Behind series

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Left Behind series

Postby Tamahome » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:09 pm

Has anyone seen the Left Behind movies? If so do you know when movie three is going to be released? I would really appreciate the responses, and thanks to all ahead of time.
.."Where there is darkness, there can be no light.."
-Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia Legends)
Tamahome

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:35 pm

Hmm, isn't that series about the "Rapture" that's never mentioned in the Bible where Christians suddenly disappear?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:55 pm

i dont know when(if) the third movie is going to be released, but the 12th book(last) is coming out march 30th, cant wait

the rapture is infact mentioned in the bible, alot in revelatians
basicly all of revelatians

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:15 pm

I mean tthe "Rapture" that most people think is going to happen any day now.
EDIT: im not trying to be offenive, im just curious. Ive heard negetive thingd about left behind, that the "rapture" is it. waht year does it take plce in?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:16 pm

yea, the bible talks about the rapture of the church alot

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:18 pm

im not trying to be offenive, im just curious. Ive heard negetive thingd about left behind, that the "rapture" is it. waht year does it take plce in?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:23 pm

no offense is taken, the bible says in
matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. 36But no one knows of that day and hour, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

so we dont know when the rapture will happen

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:27 pm

ahhh. but i do know that it wont happen till every naton is subdued (i think) or something like that. that partly why the church has gotten lazy. they think it doesnt matter cuz we're all going home soon. (bleh) And some beleive the earth will be destroyed. thats proven wrong when the bible says we will inherit the earth. How can you inherit something if its destroyed??? :grin:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:30 pm

there are a few different views on how the world will end, i dont remember their names cause they are kinda long, i think i remember reading something somewhere about it happeneing when the israli palistinian conflict is over, its not a fact but it could be plausable i guess

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:41 pm

i dobt it has anything to do with a scrap of desert called Isreal. WE, I , YOu or the True Jews (or Christians-wich ever you prefere)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Ashley » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:40 pm

How about we keep this back on topic and not let it get to a theological debate, ok guys?

Anyway--left behind movie. I saw it and wasn't too impressed, although seeing Kirk Cameron brought back memories of Growing Pains. For a while I was into the books, but stopped at like, I think 7. It just got to be rather boring to me. I haven't heard the arguments on its theology, so I cannot argue if it has butchered it or not.
Ashley

Postby blueraven » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:10 pm

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Neo entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all awayl so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not that hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh." -Matthew 24:36-44 (KJV)

Just to continue a bit with what glitch said. Was the first verse that came to me. Sorry for typing it all out by the way. I could of just put the referance but typing it out helps me personally keep it fresh on my mind as well as I think it is a bit helpful for others as well. I'd just like to say that I'm no expert, I am actually quite interested in eschatology and I must say Revelation is one of my favorite books of the Bible. But I as understand correctly NOBODY knows when the rapture will happen but our Lord God. Ugh, I've lost my train of thought since I went to talk with my mum about some of this just to make sure I wasn't missunderstanding this. But I really don't think that there are any events that will even begin to tell us when Jesus will return, we only know that it is soon. And as the verses say above we need to be ready and prepared every second of our lives, it could happen whenever.

But to get back to the topic. I've read a few of the Left Behind series for kids and just recently checked out books 1-11 from the libraray only 'bout half way through book 1 and already I love it. You've just gotta understand that this is fiction, there are facts to it but in no way to the authors want us to believe thats how it will happen. I take it as just a way to help us take a differant prespective on it all, to help us understand it all a bit better. I had heard sometime that there were plans on making movies but I didn't know they've already made a few.

Oh, and Ruroken, I don't believe the word "rapture" itself is mentioned in the Bible but then again the word "trinity" isn't either. Basically words we use to sum things up in one word. I'm not sure if you are talking about the book series or those left behind after the rapture. Doesn't seem positive if you look at it one way, so many unsaved people and many will post likey die due to the "after effects". But for those of us who are saved it will be a glorious "twinkling of an eye". And I do believe the earth will be distroyed, not sure on anymore details at the moment but I do believe I might of read somewhere that God will build the earth anew? But yes, the meek shall inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5). I'm sorry if I have gotten some of my facts wrong, I'm not very good at putting what I believe and think into words, I usually only talk to my mum and she understands most of the time what I mea because she can see how hestiant I am when I'm not sure on something.

I actually think its good you are curious though, curiosity shows interests and what better to be interested in but God's Word? In truth I'm as curious as you are. I tend to lurk around a lot to see what others think on certian topics and then try and determine exactlly what I believe by what the Bible says.

I'd be more then happy to talk to anyone, just PM me. I'd really love it if someone would take interests and help me learn more about Revelation anything dealing with eschatology.

Ack! sorry for such a long post. Wasn't even on topic most of the time :red:

Icks, sorry Ashley - I had started typing maybe an hour ago. I'm just trying to answer questions and even though I don't feel fully confident in what I say I hate going around wondering "what if". Sorry again :(
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:40 pm

It's funny... Kirk (who's a pastor, as well) snuck one of his own sermons in the second movie... Unless it was from the book, but I think it was his. I haven't read the books as I disagree with the big theological point about the time of the rapture and the tribulation being connected in any way.

The movies weren't as bad as some other Christian movies... That, of course, is not saying much. They were definately below "To End All Wars" and most likely below "The Passion of the Christ" though I haven't seen that one yet (Mel showed it at the university accross the street from me to rave reviews despite controversy that ammounts to misdirection) It's at least an attempt, if an unprepared attempt.

I must say, I liked the "Messianic prophecy" portion of the movie, though it was better in the radio play which probably represents the book better. In any case... Not the best thing, not the worst thing... That's about all there is to it.

THough we can't discuss theological issues, the issue of the Rapture is not so clear cut as most pre-tribbers think it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:49 pm

HUH? Threre's a total of m
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Kisa » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:49 pm

I have seen the 2 movies and read up to Apollyon in the books. Can't wait to read the rest and see the other movie when it comes out!:)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby madphilb » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:15 pm

I had been reading the books but stopped when my "supplier" ran into a book in the series that she couldn't find (i.e. - she loaned it out and didn't know who she loaned it too, then again, I had given her my phone number a half-dozen times and she's not bothered to keep tabs on it once, so, meh).

I've only seen the 1st book.

While I don't have a big problem with the theology of the books, I can't say I care either way... the stories are going to best serve as entertainment for Christians, dispite what another friend of mine thinks (he's of the opinion to have them around for non-believers to read when we all disapear... blech... better chance they'll use them as firewood as anything).

I was mildly impressed with the 1st movie, but from what I head the movie company was sued by the authors because of a breach of contract or something... basically the movie was made for far less than it was supposed to be made for (which could account for part of why it wasn't as good as it could be, that and the re-write that doesn't follow the story, liked the book better)......

Face it.... I wanted to see the downed planes.....

The movies are really going to suck when it comes time for the earthquakes if they don't start throwing a bunch of cash at it.... and what happened to the wide-release in the theaters? Never happened, very disapointing.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby inkhana » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:57 pm

OK, after having seen the thread (and amazon.com entry for) Right Behind (the parody) I'm wondering if this series is as poorly written and executed as they make it seem. :eyebrow: Since I don't trust those reviewers, I was wondering if someone could give me some real info on the quality (Left Behind, that is).

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Technomancer » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:31 pm

inkhana wrote:OK, after having seen the thread (and amazon.com entry for) Right Behind (the parody) I'm wondering if this series is as poorly written and executed as they make it seem. :eyebrow: Since I don't trust those reviewers, I was wondering if someone could give me some real info on the quality (Left Behind, that is).

Of the book, I can say that it is thoroughly excrable, and ought to be considered an assault on the corpus of English prose. That I've been told they actually get worse as the series goes on is too depressing to contemplate. In addition, the plot developments are ludicrously implausible, and the characters are two-dimensional. The actual prose meanwhile seems to be pitched to a grade-school reading level, which seems to beg the question of how the authors were able to find room to lower this bar for the children's series.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:24 pm

Hmm... I've been hearing about the lack of descriptive nouns, but I have to say that there is such a thing as overdoing it as well... Just an overall statement and not a defense of the book. But, I must say, there should be something to be said for creating a story and not just how much vocabulary and poetic language you've mastered. Plain and simple has its place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:42 pm

I have the B
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:55 pm

Volt wrote:Becaue then you get to drive around in a car on the highway with machine guns and fight for your life from the new world police as they chase you at break neack speeds relentlessly through the entire world!!!

You just go ahead and do that. I'm not counting on being here, that's for sure. :thumb:
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:14 pm

Please stay on topic and be bigger then taking shots at each other over your own personal views. If this keeps going where it seems to be I will lock this thread. be mature guys. Everyone feels different...stick to the topic at hand.
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:29 pm

To Chris and Glitch. If you'd like to discuss this with me in PM, just PM me and I'd be more than willing to carry this on.
Bobtheduck

Postby Nalani » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:58 am

Yo! um ... Yeah I watched Left Behind the movie and Tribulation Force the movie. They are great aren't they?!!!! I hated when the second movie ended thou. I wanted to know what happened next!!!! ARGH!!! Man, and Nicolae is so ****!! XD yes yes!!! I love it!!!!

Um ... anyway.
Yeah, I wanted to know too when movie three came out and found not much of anything. I saw a few site saying the release date was 2003, which ... lol is not so. And I heard in Cloud Ten forums that it is still in development. So thats that. It will probably be a while. So .... yeah.

A lot of things happen in the book though that they don't show in the movie. So my advice is to read the books at least till the next movies come out. ^__^

Happy waiting. XP
lol .... sorry. ^^;;
I have to wait too so .... yeah.
... heh.
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn :hug: :poke: :grin:
Nalani

Return to General Entertainment