Silent Hill Movie thread

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Silent Hill Movie thread

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:29 pm

Yes it's true,
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:37 pm

The director they have on board is a big "b" movie director... It'll probably end up like "Parasite Eve" or worse, whether or not they stick to the story (PE definately didn't)

Now, don't get me wrong... I loved the PE movie, but it wasn't exactly a money maker... (nor did it cost much to make) It was a B movie... Better production values that Godzilla, but not to be compared to any recent American movies...

If SH does well (or relatively, I guess... If it makes money) they'll be doing Metal Gear too... I hope they start at the beginning and not at solid... :rant: If they start on solid and keep this thing going where everyone thinks that was the first one, I'm gonna be mad... Solid was the THIRD game... MGS2 is either the 4th or the 5th, and MGS3 will be the next after MGS2... I say either because I'm not sure if the GBC game is canon or not... The second Nintendo game isn't (snakes revenge) and the first Nintendo game was severely altered from the MSX game... For one thing, the opening was better on the NES game, but the rest of the game was better on the MSX... I mean, in the MSX version (the original version before NES) you actually FIGHT metal gear... Sorry, ranting again...
Bobtheduck

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:26 pm

There was a Parasite Eve movie? :lol:

Hopefully the Silent Hill movie will be good, although I doubt that I will go see it unless it gets rave reviews; however, I will definitely go see Resident Evil: Apocalypse and a Tekken movie if one is ever made.

When will the movie be released? I assume it will be a while, since you said that Davis Films "will be producing" the movie. Oh well...
cbwing0

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:22 pm

Most movies based on video games have ended up being mediocre at best (or just downright stinkers - let's not forget the lump of rotten cheese that was Super Mario Bros), but Silent Hill might do rather well if they adhere to the same feel that they use in the games. The RE movie was sub-par because the games aren't scary enough. But Silent Hill has made me jump out of my seat and darn near soil myself (just kidding on that last part :)) numerous times. I predict that a film version of that would probably not please the critics, but would achieve something of a cult status among fans of the game series.
As for a Metal Gear film, yeah I hope so. I think that would definitely be cool, the games are practically cinematic experiences in and of themselves. Kojima-san has said that he had always wanted to direct a movie. I think he's quite worthy, indeed. Oh and, Bobtheduck, I think I read somewhere that it would be based on the original Metal Gear game, with Outer Heaven and all that.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:28 pm

Yes, we've never herd of it because it hasn't been releas
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Psycho Ann » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:01 am

Gah.... please please don't let them ruin my all time favorite horror game... please... *sobs*
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:23 pm

Gah, that movie.....

I think the best they could do is to copy the video game into a movie. No 'improvments' or anything. Just the copy ma'am.

Where did you hear about a DMC movie Volt?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:48 pm

Game Pro... Uhhh the issue before the January one
Fsiphskilm

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:53 pm

Which page?
Michael

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:15 pm

:grin: Well Picky Picky mister mod-
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:14 pm

There will be no american Parasite Eve... Madonna bought the rights and sat on them... Just like Gena Davis did with the Live action Sailormoon movie... Maybe they are REAL fans (hahahaahahaha)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:55 am

Yes! They are making a DMC movie! (I thought you were kidding Volt, sorry)
Michael

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:14 pm

Don't feel bad, I though it was
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:33 am

Volt wrote:Yes, we've never herd of it because it hasn't been released in the US. -parasite eve-

Actually, it was release in the US much like anime are usually: straight to video. I saw it on showtime beyond... The one I'm waiting to see is Avalon...

What I saw looked like .hack meets Matrix...

Woah, actually that was rather random... I am eagerly awaiting the SH movie too, but it will probably only at most get limited release here... It's being made in france, afterall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:26 pm

WAIT A MIN!!!!
Fsiphskilm

Return to General Entertainment