Van Helsing!!!!!!!!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Ashley » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:25 pm

As interestred in this movie as I am, anyone else sense it is a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen gone dark?
Ashley

Postby DrNic » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:39 am

Is this Hellsing you talk of on Region 2 DVD by any chance? Because more anime' are available to America than are to England (that I've seen).

:sniffle: I couldn't find VHD: Bloodlust on Region 2 DVD, I was devistated!! :sniffle:
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Orange Kitten » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:46 am

DrNic wrote:Is this Hellsing you talk of on Region 2 DVD by any chance? Because more anime' are available to America than are to England (that I've seen).

This movie ain't even out in theater's yet ;)
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:40 pm

OFF TOPIC:
Hellboy and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are both american comic books. I've read LEG but had to stop because of the graphic sex scenes. Haven't read Hellboy yet.

It (Helsing) should be good as long as they haven't added too much CG in it.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby thorn1ofmany » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:41 pm

Its all about the story, The League lacked it and hopefully Hellboy and Van Helsing will excel where thier unfortunate predecessor failed.
A thorn in the side annoys.
A thorn in the heart slays.
thorn1ofmany

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:11 pm

I am looking forward to Van Helsing and Hellboy....good stuff in 04'
Stephen

Postby Kisa » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:08 pm

Yea! Hugh Jackman is pretty good in everything I see him in. I am sooooo looking forward to seeing this movie! What all, detailed, is it about though? I have only seen 1 trailer for it. . . .
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby thorn1ofmany » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:42 am

Van Helsing is a part of a secret society that fights evil. He is sent to Transylvania to slay the legendary Count Dracula. He joins forces with Anna Valerious and her brother Velkan (the Wolf Man) who must kill Dracula to lift the curse on their family. Standing in their way are Frankenstein’s Monster and Dracula’s three brides. The movie is written and directed by Stephen Sommers (the guy who brought us The Mummy and The Mummy Returns) that in itself has calmed any fears I’ve had that this movie will be a disappointment.
thorn1ofmany

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:29 am

I was turned off by the Superbowl preview (though it could be decent). It was the best of the movie commercials, though. And with the concept of the character himself, I'm reconsidering it overall. I didn't like their vampires, but ah well.

Personally, I'm with Volt in that I hope out buddy Van isn't a bad guy. That plot is getting old, people.

But the cross-shuriken was pretty cool. Just a little thing, but it was cool.
uc pseudonym

Postby thorn1ofmany » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:23 am

Why didn't you like thier vampires?

I personally dislike any kind of monster vampire, like in Buffy and Angel where the vampire's faces became all distorted and ugly. Overall I think vampires should be alluring and seductive. They should be devilish in the sense that Satan himself appears as an angel of light, so too should vampires be appealing.

However, the theme of Van Helsing is monsters. So to have Dracula with a big gaping mouth full of sharp pointy teeth suits the film.
thorn1ofmany

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:30 am

You're correct about the theme of the movie, which probably makes sense. But to answer your initial question...

My general take on vampires is far more elegant than creatures with apparently unhingable jaws and massives amounts of teeth. Generally I go for retractable canine teeth that extend to sharp points. I don't like vampires that bite the person's throat and then lick up the blood, I prefer teeth that serve more like straws (though that analogy makes it seem foolish).
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:16 pm

Well I don't like
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:32 pm

I really want to see it now...though I have a few friends who don't seem to like it......... :drool:
Hitokiri

Previous

Return to General Entertainment