Dance Dance Revolution

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:05 pm

Keep trying. I was on lightmode for like a year. The jump from Light to standard is the hardest jump. Once you make standard it does not take long to be on heavy. Keep practising is all I can say. I was so bad for sooooo long lol. It just takes time like anything else.
Stephen

Postby Josh Fisher » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 pm

its not relly that cool but on DDR extreme, on the song can't stop falling in love I got an AA* on light but that really is a tricky song I got an A on standard for that song too
Ecclesiastes 11:9-10 "Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth, So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless,"

God is bigger than the boogie man, he's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on TV. God is bigger than the boogie man and he's watching out for you and me
Josh Fisher

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:00 pm

Checka dis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kkun » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:56 pm

Dude. I'm gonna go play DDR and take pictures tomorrow. You rock, Nette. Great idea.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:08 pm

:D You totally should. (BTW, get on Yahoo...o_o)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:40 pm

Im not quite sure why this thread died, but we need to bring it back to life! (Probably for the 4th or 5th time as the way I see it.)

Ok is anybody playing it nowadays. Well I am anyways. Which is your favorite DDR game. I haven't played many DDR games. Ive played DDRMAX2, DDR Extreme, and DDR Supernova. I think my favorite is a cross between DDRMAX2 and Supernova. Geez I can't play good at all. I can only play Light mode. There is no way that I can play Standard. And I do hate it that Supernova goes and changes the names of the difficulty levels. Anyways lets talk DDR! (Thats if anybody wants to or are we just all lazy. I don't know. And Im sorry for digging up threads that still should be running.)
ADXC

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:05 pm

I've been playing a lot of Xtreme 2 and SuperNova lately.
"Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy off Super Nova couldn't get more fun.
It's so fast too.

I'm slowly moving from Standard to Heavy, but I'm very new at DDR.
Tommy

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:31 pm

That song is overrated and too fast. Just kidding but really its sorta fast. My favorite songs would have to be the those japanese songs. I don't know what they are saying but I think the songs are cool.

Huh new to DDR and your almost at Heavy? Thats awesome. I just cant seem to be even able to get to standard. Really the highest level songs I can do are level 5 songs. Im not sure what those marks are called, you know the ones that tell you what difficulty they are.

Have you done that 100 seconds song yet? Now that song is fast! Ofcourse it was made by some japanese guy, but wouldn't that make it all the cooler. Unless he was guy that wasn't really talented. Ok enough off subject. I mean I was the off subject person. Sorry people.
ADXC

Postby dyzzispell » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:55 pm

My max level was about 7 or 8. Really depended mostly on the song whether I could do the 8. There were only one or 2 like that I could do. I only started DDR about 6 months ago.
However, early last month I started getting really bad pain in my leg, and discovered I may have gotten myself a stress fracture in my shin, so I had to quit playing altogether. Things seem to have finally improved after about 4 weeks or so, but now I hesitate to go back to it...
And on a side note, I like that Least 100sec song, I think it's kind of cool. XD
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Man Im sorry about that stress fracture. Was DDR the cause? If so than thats terrible. Ok a new question. Do you guys and gals like to play with your socks on or off? My feet stick to the pad so that slows me down, so Ive started to wear socks. And I realize that thats a hazard but with socks, but your feet don't stick so that helps. I just try to take solid steps when playing it with socks.
ADXC

Postby Tommy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:39 pm

animedude90 wrote:That song is overrated and too fast.

Overrated?
Yes.
TOO fast?
Not for the Tomster.

Huh new to DDR and your almost at Heavy? Thats awesome. I just cant seem to be even able to get to standard. Really the highest level songs I can do are level 5 songs. Im not sure what those marks are called, you know the ones that tell you what difficulty they are.

Light to Standard is a big difficulty jump if you ask me.
I can JUST do Heavy.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:46 pm

What? Heavy is expert level. Did you know that? Why do you say going from light to standard is a big difficulty jump (Not that I don't find it very hard) when you say you can just do Heavy? Im sorry Im just slow so could you explain what you mean.
ADXC

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:46 am

Well, I played DDR Universe (for the 360) and DDR Ultramix 4 (for the Xbox). If you don't mind buying the song packs for these, either of these are solid DDR titles. The story mode was a decent idea, but poorly executed (took too long to accomplish, and was way too hard...also, it lacked any real incentive to continue). Trust me, throw the unlock codes in, and just play these for fun with your friends via multiplayer (or online multiplayer).

Still, for me, DDR games are all about the song quality for me, and if you buy all the song packs, then both of these games are awesome. Don't believe me...check out the song lists, which actually give 15-20 second previews of most of the songs. Seriously, I'd buy the soundtracks if I could.

Another thing for those of you that obsess over VO actors like me. Luci Christian did the voiceovers in DDR Universe, rather than that annoying guy you hear in the arcades all the time. She did a phenomenal job, but that's to be expected, she's an anime VO actress that gets a lot of work for a reason (SuperGals, Full Metal Alchemist, Air TV, and a slew of ADV-produced series).

DDR Ultramix 4 Link
DDR Universe Link

EDIT: These are older titles, but are worth picking up. Also, I'm pretty out of shape, since it's been a while since I've DDR'ed. I need to get back into it, and plan on it - eventually.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Elycien » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:00 am

I started playing DDR this year and got hooked. ^^ I've gotten up to a level 6 or so.

and I play StepMania, on the computer - does anyone else?
Elycien

Postby ADXC » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:00 pm

I have a question, is there an adapter you can use on a PS3 to be able to play your old PS2 DDR games? Because if so I would like to know where to buy one. I just feel that Im being deprived by not being able to play it, so sad.
ADXC

Postby mathgrant » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:20 am

I'm a proud owner of Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.

. . . yes, I know it's easy (I have perfect scores for all 29 songs on Super Hard mode Mush Mode off, including Bowser's Castle), but I still lost weight doing it. And the song list is GREAT! =D
MOES
Wii: 6324 9743 7460 3573 || WarioWare DIY: 3009 1173 0734
mathgrant

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:27 pm

Ah, yeah I have that one as well. Its a different way to play DDR, but still very much enjoyable. I haven't played it in a while, and I never did finish it. I should go back and do so.
ADXC

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Oooooook, so I know the whole "DON'T GRAVEDIG THING!" However, this thread is 12 pages long and I really wanted to talk about DDR once again. I know it's old and that many people have stopped playing it, but today I started by picking it up again and realized I got a great workout doing it.

I'm sorry for gravedigging this, but I figured since there is already a 12 page thread on it, then why should I make a completely new thread?

Also, I bought another PS2 so I could play my old DDR games so that's also why I started playing again.

Has anyone else picked up the dancepad in a while?

Also, I think this should be moved to the Gamer forum, but that's just my opinion.
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Well, I don't play as much as I used to because I'm out of shape. Also the DDR craze seems to have died down in my neck of the woods, seeing as how I can't find an arcade machine anywhere within driving distance. I do have an imported version of DDR Extreme for the PS2 though, and I play that on occasion-- with the PS2 controller, because my dancepad broke.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Aw sad day, I'm sorry. I was just able to recently pick up my DDR game because a few years ago my PS2 broke. I bought the PS3 thinking it would play my old DDR games, which it could. However, I could never find a Dancepad adapter for the PS3 so I just gave up.

Recently a friend of mine was selling his old PS2, I jumped on it and bought it.

I still have all of my old DDR games and also the data is still on my memory card! So I lucked out.

I honestly haven't played in like 3 or 4 years. XDD But it's so good to play again.
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I still got it as long as I'm using my fingers and not my feet. But then, I was never really all that good with my feet to begin with.

Also I haven't played a new DDR game since like Extreme 2. Are any of the new ones worth checking out?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:36 pm

To be honest, I don't know. XDD I only own DDRMAX2( MY FAVORITE!), Extreme, and Supernova (Which I do like a lot.).
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 pm

I haven't played Supernova. Maybe I'll see if I can pick it up for cheap somewhere.

And yeah MAX 2 is pretty rad.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous

Return to General Entertainment