Kill Bill

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Kill Bill

Postby Twilly Spree » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:57 pm

Anyone know when the second half of Kill Bill comes out? I'm pretty pumped it ended so abruptly last time.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Orange Kitten » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:02 am

Red Ninja wrote:Anyone know when the second half of Kill Bill comes out? I'm pretty pumped it ended so abruptly last time.

February 20th
:-D
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Technomancer » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:54 am

Cool.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Twilly Spree » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:06 am

Aww man, alright I'll have to just see Return of the King. Then I'll have Kill Bill, then I can wait patiently until summer for Harry Potter.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:33 pm

Aww Man...Its out of theatres now is
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Orange Kitten » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:12 am

It's a stylish film. A Genre piece. Don't go in expecting killer story, indepth plot, or serious special effects. It's all style. A love letter to westerns, Hong Kong action flicks, samurai movies, and anime. Q.T. is a long fan of all those genres.

Yes, there is a 15-20 minute anime sequence done by I.G.

Definitely worth seeing. Don't bother seeing Vol 2 if you haven't seen the first one. You NEED to see vol.1 first.
It was originally going to be one movie, but it was so long, they decided to split it in half to two movies.
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Twilly Spree » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:06 am

Also if you don't mind alot of blood, alot of blood, just blood all over the place. But it's cartoony and campy, fully enjoyed it.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:31 pm

I must see these movies
Solid Ronin

Postby Locke » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:56 pm

makes ya want too huh?
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:08 pm

I've heard that it was really, really immoral, but, I have no idea.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Shinja » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:13 pm

i was pretty disgusting to me.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Shinja » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:27 pm

probably, ive never seen it, but ill never see one of his movies ever again
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Knives » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:59 am

Hmmn i think il avoid this movie because realistic brutal violence doesnt sit well with me
Knives

Postby Twilly Spree » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:45 am

The violence isn't all that realistic, it's pretty campy. The anime scenes are the most graphic portions of the film. "Immoral" *shrug* I don't think I'd call it immoral.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Locke » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:11 pm

campy? liek almost every hong-kong action flick?
Locke

Postby Twilly Spree » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:47 am

exactly like every hong kong action flick, it's supposed to be modeled after them.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Solid Ronin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Locke wrote:makes ya want too huh?

Dude by now you should know that I love fighting
Solid Ronin

Postby SwordSkill » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:33 am

all that blood fountaining here and there was so hilarious! XD it was so blatantly fake i wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

:lol: Kill Bill was pretty cliche though. and they really exaggerated japan, which is really weird compared to seeing an exaggerated japan in anime. (come on! the yakuza don't use katanas anymore aside from slicing of their fingers to prove their loyalty!) oh well, depends on how you look at it anyway. on one hand, it could have been a satire, on the other, it could have been a tribute to the old samurai movies. or could be both.

(if i remember correctly, i think i read somewhere someone saying that the black-and-white scenes in the movie were in color in the japanese release of the movie... >.< i don't think i would have been able to stomach those scenes in full color )
SwordSkill

Return to General Entertainment