[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Please be nice to me! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Please be nice to me!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Please be nice to me!

Postby EpicLotus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello everyone!

Nice to meet you all. I'm a 28 year old guy, married, and have a lovely baby girl. I came across CAA while looking through anime threads over at the Catholic Answers Forum (I'm a Catholic), and thought I'd join up. I lurk and post a little bit on the Anime News Network, but the crowd there isn't really my type.

I've been a fairly steady anime fan for about 11 years, starting in high school and continuing through on to college, where I was involved in an anime club for two years. Speaking of college, I have a bachelor's degree in the Comparative Study of Religion (i.e. Religious History), with minors in History, Jewish Cultural Studies, and Computer Science (I changed majors a few times :hits_self ). I put all of that good, solid education to work as a stay-at-home dad.

Some of my favorite shows include:
Kimagure Orange Road
Mobile Suit Gundam (the original)
Dragon Ball (and Z and GT!)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (though I guess that's a no-no to discuss here :o )
Hunter x Hunter
Vision of Escaflowne

I have an ever burgeoning collection of anime media (DVD, VHS, LD, BD), and I've also recently picked up my where my college studies of the Japanese language left off. Boy am I rusty!!

I look forward to getting to know the members here and sharing with our joint passions of anime together :).

Cheers!
Jonathan
EpicLotus

Return to Who's Who