Super Robot Mighty Task Force

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Super Robot Mighty Task Force

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm

OK, so I had this RP over on Anime Angels, and I thought I'd bring it over here and see how it goes.

So, in the near future, the Earth is beset by aliens! They strike with little warning, leaving destruction in their path! To stop them, the governments of the world hire a mercenary task force to repel the aliens and save the planet: The Super Robot Mighty Task Force.

As their name would suggest, they do this through the use of giant robots. 'Cause chicks dig them. Their weapons are pretty much picked for whatever they think is awesome. If it looks cool, they use it. If it makes big boom, they bring it. If it causes collateral damage, they use it anyway.

Obviously, they aren't perfect, not by a long shot, but they work well enough for the world to pay their substantial price, most of which goes to their insurance deductibles or settlements with business owners.

Clearly, as mecha stuff goes, this is on the Gurren Lagaan (which I have not seen) or the Megas XLR (which I have seen) side of things. Awesome mecha goodness for the sake of awesome mecha goodness. Bring in parodies/references to various mecha things you'd like to make fun of/have as part of your mecha.

Character template
---
Name:

Appearance:
Personality:
History/backstory: What did your character do before being part of the Force?

Mecha
Appearance/physical description: Does not have to be humanoid.
Weapons/powers: How does your 'bot fight enemies?

I'll be posting my character pretty soon.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:05 pm

So....what you are trying to do is combine every cheesy mecha anime into one rpg?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:26 pm

That's it exactly, Soran. I wanted to join this on Anime Angels, but the format they use there is nearly impossible for me to keep up with. So, I'll join this version instead.
Name: Jason Kira

Appearance: Gray hair, gray eyes. Asian skin
Personality: Jason is somewhat of a loner. He's had a lot of pain in his life and he copes by shutting himself off from the world.
History/backstory: Jason is actually a cloned human. He was created for nothing but piloting robots. He didn't have a life before joining the force.

Mecha: Auriel
Appearance/physical description: It resembles an angel with metallic wings. Sort of like the one Hiro Yuy uses on Gundam Wing.
Weapons/powers: How does your 'bot fight enemies? Auriel can fly and wields a sword made of pure energy. It also has machine-guns on the fingers for long-range combat.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:49 pm

It's also got some toku/kaiju/monster-of-the-week parody bits in it, too, if that helps.

Here's my character:

Name: Rick Ryusei

Appearance: Spiky brown hair, purple eyes, usually with a wild look in them. Wears a brown longcoat and a pair of brass goggles on his head.

Personality: Rick Ryusei has a head for tactics. However, "tactics" to Rick means "firing all your weapons at once." Anything and everything goes down, given enough firepower. The more you fire, the more you hit, and the more damage you do. So, he fires a lot. A whole lot. Accuracy is an afterthought.

This applies to his other personality traits: There's nothing that can't be accomplished with enough force, and if it doesn't work the first time, redouble the fource and try again. He's also a very fiery fellow, quite prone to hot-blooded moments and lots of yelling; i.e., firing a lot and hoping something sticks.

History/backstory: He is believed to be an orphan. Rumors suggest that he escaped from an orphanage (possibly even destroying it in the process). Whatever the case, he showed up at the SRMTF with a prototype mecha, which, with the force's help, he upsized into his weapon of choice.

Mecha
Name: Alpha Strike Mk. 1

Appearance/physical description: Humanoid, about six stories tall, silver-black with red leg/arm plates.

Weapons/powers: A three-story-tall chainsaw sword in one hand, and a six-barreled laser cannon on the other, that operate Gatling-style. Also, a large pack of rockets on its back, which, when fired, curve out around the mecha and towards the target. Its feet have powerful jets that allow for limited flight.

Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:46 pm

OOC: May I ask how long this has been going on.

Name:Ace Simoun
Age: 16 (Because teenagers are the best Mecha pilots ever.)

Appearance: Short brown hair usally covered by a cap and wearing mechanics welding suit almost all the time.
Personality: Ace is usally tinkering so he's kind of a quiet man but he's willing to help someone even if he hates them.
History/backstory: Ace has been referred to as a mecha genius. He began messing with them outside his parents view before he could even talk. By 8 he had created a RC mini mecha (pretty much a C-3PO but Remote Controlled). By 11 a battle armor and was accepted into SRMTF in the past few months.
Creedo: I can't always do something smart, but I will always do what's right.

Mecha: Naagal
Appearance/physical description: A simi humanoid battle armor (About the size of a mecha's head) with a crimson color. It has no head but instead has a face design on it's torso.
Weapons/powers: Thanks to some stolen alien tech the Naagal has the power to hack machins and reform them to his will. He uses this power on one of his other mechs called the Nerrug (which looks just like the Naagal but has a head, helm and some more armor but has no torso face and is correctly sized). The Nerrug has a AI system that allows it to fight by itself but can be combined with the Naagal to form "Naagal Nerrug" by replacing Nerrug's head (Looks: Think the Gurren Lagaan.). The Naagal Nerrug has no weapons but instead thanks to the Naagal's power it can slightly reform itself and steal other weapons.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Kung_Fu_Master (post: 1324300) wrote:"Naagal Nerrug"

i c wat u did there...

Anyway, yeah, it's been going on for a month or two over on AA, off and on; that's how the smaller RPs go over there. People lose interest for a bit, come back and post again, etc., etc.

Davidizer13

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:24 pm

I mean how long have the aliens been attacking.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:28 pm

About 12-18 months. It's been long enough that the governments of the world have tried everything they could and found they needed backup, and long enough that the people of the world are a bit used to it, but not long enough that humanity's despairing, something that the Force has been slowly restoring. Something like that.

Davidizer13

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying