Graduate School!

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Graduate School!

Postby Dante » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:46 am

OOC: Yes. You know it had to happen. I would finally lose my mind and decide that another RP was needed to distract me from getting my Thesis done. I needed inspiration, I needed DISTRACTION! I needed to make an RP about my life because my life is so fun it should be made into an RP! So this was formed... No planning, I just started typing. (Just wondering if anyone would actually be interested in joining)

It finally happened. Everyone knew the day would come, but no one would ever speak about it. You've all dreaded it, but now it's finally come and there was no escaping. The horror, the terror...

You have graduated with a bachelors degree and real life was facing you in the eyes. Weekends off, a 9-5 job and worldly expectations demanded out of your becoming...gulp... A RESPONCIBLE ADULT!

As the walls of resumes, electric bills and vacuum salesmen closed in. There remained one bastion of sanity for all mankind, one. last. hope. Graduate School.

It hadn't been used since early times in your family, the great hall of knowledge and safe haven for all. But it seemed the time had come to return and hold out against time in the production of the greatest marvel known to man! THE ETERNAL THESIS! A project that would take the rest of your life and grant you the pleasure of TA or RA status for the rest of your years.

But... Could it be done? Was it even possible. Would you even succeed as mankind's last hope in beating out the other candidates at the GREs?! Only time would tell... Furthermore, do to over-diplomatic ties of your imaginary nation and the sky-rocketed cost of out-of-state tuition, there is only one university accep- I mean with room left do to early submissions in the year 50 BC in all others. The task is tough, but you're up for the challenge. Or will you give in... to the end that is. LIFE.

All RP applicants must submit a statement of purpose for their character to take part in the RP. All players start as applicants only and the goal is somewhat akin to a cadet/candidate RP. I can slice you from graduate school back to the realms of real life as I see fit. Happy applications! (I don't need to apply, I'm already enjoying graduate school!) (Getting cut from the process is equivalent to dieing in the RP, have nice day ^_^)

The RP is a semi-parody RP mix between a candidate school vision in anime and a DEFINITE parody on certain experiences I had while trying to get into graduate school. Thus, you can design your characters and their past anyways you like. Frankly, they don't even have to be human, they can be nekos, 90 years old whatever you want!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:45 pm

...I don't know why I am doing this...nor do I know why I find this to be hilarious...but...I'm joining...

Name: John Robert

Eye color: Blue

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 135

Appendix color: Pink (I think...)

Apperance: The usual...

Hobbies: Video Games, Some writting, CAA, watching College Football religiously, Military Sim Airsoft...you know...awesome stuff

Targeted Degree: Master of Theological Studies (or Divinty...either one)

Statement of Purpose: To give Peanut an excuse to research various Master degrees so he can figure out what he's going to get a Master's in when he goes to grad school...also to have epic lulz...yes...there will be much lulz.

Bio: John Roberts graduated from Lower Right Corner University with a Bachelors in Practical Theology with a minor in History. He took a year off from school to work and save money for this moment. However, to do so he had to work several jobs at the same time and the stress caused him to develop a drinking problem...his dring of choice being frosty mugs of filtered water (what you thought I was going to make him a drunk...on a Christian website?!). Will grad school make this worse? Can John Roberts overcome his addiction and the enormous ammounts of stress that are sure to come with this monumental task? Will Peanut find a degree to target when he chooses to go to Grad School? Join this RP to find out...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Dante » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:45 am

Ah... Apparently no one wants to go to graduate school. Bunch a under-achievers. Only Peanut is Win.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Reon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:35 am

Pascal (post: 1322240) wrote:Ah... Apparently no one wants to go to graduate school. Bunch a under-achievers. Only Peanut is Win.

I'm going to attend his "Win" ceremony and chear him on.
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby Ingemar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:37 pm

I think the basic problem with this RP is that people who are actually IN grad school would be too busy to play.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Dante » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Hey, I'm in graduate school, are you making comments about me... and it is summer, I only have my thesis to addle my mind.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh my gosh! This looks awesome! I'll be back with a good character.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying