Haibane Renmei RP

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Haibane Renmei RP

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:28 pm

This is based off one of my favorite anime titles. You don't need to have read the story to play along though. Information on the anime can be found here
Welcome to the town of Glie, a utopia where angelic creatures called Haibane exist alongside humans. The Haibane are not born like normal humans. Instead, they hatch from cocoons, like butterflies. After they hatch, their wings sprout painfully. Normally, their wings are grey, but occassionally a Haibane will have sinned so terribly that their wings will be blackened. Haibane are, in reality, humans who have passed on from the world of the living. Normally, they have very few memories of their pasts. Even their names are unknown to them. Instead, they have new names. The names are based on dreams the haibane had in their cocoons. The Haibane live in two "nests": Old Home (which is only for girls), and Abandoned factory.
Every so often, at moments unknown to the Haibane, a Haibane will take the "Day of Flight" and vanish from the town. No Haibane knows when this will occur, but he or she must prepare mentally for it and cannot talk about it to others. The only way to know it is near is to observe the halo. If the Haibane's halo is fading, that means the day of flight is imminent. No one is allowed to go outside the town walls. The only contact with the outside world is with hooded people called Toga, who cannot talk with anyone except the Haibane communicator. Even then, they can only talk in sign language. (You will not be able to play a Toga)
This proposal will allow made-up characters and characters from the anime.
The following anime characters are available:
Old Home Haibane:
Hikari (meaning "light"): Wears glasses and has blonde hair. She works at the bakery and is slightly mischevious, but usually a pleasant person.
Nemu (meaning "sleep"): Has brown hair and is the eldest of the Haibane. She appears lazy, but is actually quite a hard worker at the local library.
Kana (meaning "river fish"): The resident prankster. She also works at the clock tower, which doubles as a shop.
Abandoned Factory Haibane:
Hyohko (meaning "ice lake"): this boy is somewhat tempermental and often impulsive.
Midori (meaning "green") is good friends with Hyohko. Now that Reki has left, she is more willing to talk to the other Old Home Haibane. She is good friends with Rakka.

Here's your signup sheet if you're playing a Haibane:
Name:
Name's meaning: (describe the dream your Haibane had)
Wings: (please talk with me if you wish to be Sin-Bound and have blackened wings. Otherwise, your wings will be gray)
Eyes:
Hair:
Home: (either Abandoned Factory or Old Home. Only girls are allowed at Old Home. Abandoned Factory is co-ed)
Age (How long you've been a Haibane):
Personality:
If you are playing a townsperson, here's what I want:
Name:
Eyes:
Hair:
Bio:
--------
Here's my first character:
Name: Rakka
Name's meaning: "falling". Rakka dreamed she was falling from the sky in her dream.
Wings: At first, they were gray. At one point in the anime, they turned black, but when she found redemption for her sins, they returned to their original color.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Occupation: Cleans the light leaves that make the Haibane's halos. These are found inside the town's walls.
Personality: Rakka is kind-hearted and slightly clumsy. She always tries to put others' needs above her own. She keeps a watchful eye on the other Haibane and if she thinks one is about to take the "Day of Flight", she will help them prepare for it, because she thinks this is why she is here.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:06 pm

You know I cannot say no. I'll post later.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Anystazya » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:13 am

I'll definitely join this, and I'll put up a character when I have time...^^
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Will most likely join...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Name:Minoru
Name's meaning:"seed" In his dream, he was trapped inside of a seed that grew into a great tree. He sprouted as a leaf and was then born.
Wings:light grey
Eyes: green
Hair: dark brown
Home: temporarily at the Old Home; Minoru is one of the twins found by Rakka.
Personality:Minoru is very concerned with the feelings of others, loves to help when he can, and is very creative. He spends most of his time planting flowers around the Old Home.

Name: Suzume
Name's meaning:"sparrow" In her dream, she was walking along before being grabbed up by a large bird. She remembers nothing else.
Wings: Charcoal grey with black at the tips. (I'll PM you.)
Eyes: blue-grey
Hair: black, short and spiky
Home: Homeless. Suzume was booted from the Abandoned Factory because of certain complications.
Age (How long you've been a Haibane): Looks around 23-27; almost eight years Haibane
Personality: Suzume does not show her true emotions, but rather tries to always wear a fake smile. She is very loving and protective of the younger Haibane. Because she is Sin Bound, she takes out her upset feelings with medicines.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Anystazya » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm taking Hikari ^^ heehee

I thought I'd also make my own character :)

Name: Sora
Name's meaning: "sky" In Sora's dream, she was lying on a grassy field and staring up at the blue sky.
Wings: Gray
Eyes: Light blue
Hair: Dark Blue
Home: Abandoned Factory
Personality: Sora is usually outgoing and friendly, but can sometimes be shy. She likes to keep an open mind, and loves to dream and stare up at the sky.

Hope this works! ^^
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

Anystazya

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:42 pm

I love that name! Hahaha! (Since my username comes from "Sora") Nice pick, Miss Anystazya! =^_^=
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Anystazya » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:45 pm

^^ Thanks! I really like that name, too (and not just because I like Kingdom Hearts! :lol:) I like it for a girl, as well, not just a boy (like in KH) :) Which is why my character is a girl :D

Anystazya

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 am

All characters accepted. I am eagerly awaiting LK's post of her choice. And here's my original Haibane:
Name: Hoshi
Name's meaning: Star, she was floating in a starry sky
Wings: gray
Eyes: gray (hey I like gray eyes ok?)
Hair: Black
Home: Old Home
Age (How long you've been a Haibane): just hatched. She is the twin cocoon found with Minoru
Occupation: will eventually be a clerk at the thrift shop the Haibane use
Personality: Hoshi is a very playful child. She loves to laugh and basically loves life in general. You will never find a frown on this girl's face. She can play guitar too!
Oh, and thanks to Anystazya for the site! Behind the Name was excellent help!
Here's a hint. Imagine Hinata Hyuga from Naruto with wings. That's how Hoshi looks.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:04 pm

What? Miss Anystazya gave you a link for a name site?!? I had to go off what I knew. :P
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Anystazya » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Well, he was asking how I came up with the names for my characters, and this site is one I use to find the meanings of names. :)

Anystazya

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:22 am

Okay folks, a few things I forgot to mention about the Haibane:
1. Although they are required to work, they do not earn money from their jobs. The Haibane Renmei, the governing body for the Haibane, takes the money they earn in return for providing security. (It's not as oppressive as it sounds) Instead, the Haibane are given a notebook which they use to keep track of any purchases (it's sort of like a checkbook). Think of it as a vow of poverty.
2. The Haibane can only use second-hand items. That's why they frequent the thrift shop.
3. There are very few modern conveniences in the town. Everything's mostly turn of the century. OK, so Reki had a motor-scooter and Kana has a 10-speed bicycle and Hyoko has a skateboard. But those are anomalies. There is electricity and running water (the electricity is wind-powered), but no television. Old Home does have a generator. (When the power goes out in ep 6, Kanna suggests getting it jump-started.)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Per Rock's suggestion...

Name: Kana
Name's meaning: River fish. She was floating in a river
Wings: Gray
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Home: Old Home
Age (How long you've been a Haibane): 4 years
Personality: A tomboy and all-around prankster. She's basically the comedic relief

And an OC (Because I can)... XP

Name: Amida
Name's meaning: Death (Japanese death God's name)
A flash of silver... a splash of red dripping... and a deep, dull, empty darkness... a bathtub filled with water slowly turning red...
Wings: Black
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black (PM coming right up, sir!)
Personality: Very emotionless, at least on the surface. He takes some drawing out.

EDIT: Is this better, Rock?
Lady Kenshin

Postby ProphetGirl16 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:50 am

I'll post about my character (or characters) soon :3

*EDITS* Here's mine ^w^:
Name: Midori
Name's meaning: green, she was lying in green grass
Wings: gray
Eyes: green
Hair: Brown, in pigtails
Age (How long you've been a Haibane): 6 years (made it up)
Personality: Midori is usually a kind-hearted Haibane. However, there is one person who's rubbed her the wrong way. That is Suzume. She once caught Suzume abusing drugs and set the events in motion that caused Suzume to be exiled to Old Home. She still berates her about her drug habits.
ProphetGirl16

Postby goldenspines » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 pm

goldenspines

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying