The Shady Grove Home for Troubled Teens (Shadow Dwellers reopened)

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 pm

How many characters are you trying for before you submit?
Shilohan ninja

Postby Mister Frodo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Ugh. Sorry it took me so long to post, guys.

I'm going to keep my two characters from last time (Tal and Natalie). I have my profiles ready to post, but... they're on my other computer right now. I should have them up soon, though, so please wait for me before starting the RP up!

Hope to see you guys in the RP soon! Have fun! :D
Mister Frodo

Postby silver_wolf454 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:12 am

I'm waiting till at least Monday to submit this.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm gonna revamp and and bring back Zair :D I'll try and get it up tomorrow.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 am

Aright, I'll wait on you then Shao
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 am

Name: Zair Engjell

Power: It’s bad enough that he hears voices. Zair will often see shadow silhouettes of people. These act independently of his will and radiate from any shadow he makes.

Eye color: Grey. The dark circles under his eyes are from a regular lack of sleep.

Hair color/description: Black and short. He wears a bandana that causes it to stick up.

Build of the body: About 5’9” in height and has a strong build, but not bulky.
Extra info: At about the age of ten, Zair became more and more disturbed. Strange things happened around him. At the age of 13, he was sent off to the home. Zair seems like an apathetic person, but will do almost anything to help another.

His picture: ImageImage
Shao Feng-Li

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Nice glad to have one of the SD vets. lolz.

Is every one ready for me to submit this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:36 pm

I am :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:39 pm

ready when you are.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mister Frodo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:04 pm

Sigh... Sorry it's taken me so long to post these profiles, guys. Busy, busy, busy... as I'm sure everyone here probably is. But, I have the profiles ready now, so here they are. These are my characters from last time; the profiles haven't really been changed, and neither have the characters. Also, though I say it in Natalie's profile, Tal and Natalie are twins, so they stick together most of the time.

Name: Tal

Power: Can blot out any light source and make it dark, but he doesn't turn it off, he just blots it out (i.e. if he blots out a lightbulb, the electricity still flows to it, but it can't produce light.) He isn't powerful enough to blot out the sun, though.

Eye color: Brown

Hair color/desciption: Light brown, short and a bit ruffled (he hates combs)

Build of body: Average height and weight, not frail

Extra info: He's cheery and good-natured, and most of the time keeps his temper in check, because when he gets really upset or angry his powers can go out of whack. Otherwise he has good control over his powers. Surprisingly he prefers light to darkness. Has been secretly testing the limits of his abilities and so far has found none.

Name: Natalie (Nat for short)

Power: She can send out her shadow to control anything living that isn't human. (So she can control plants and fungi, along with animals.) She cannot control microscopic creatures, like bacteria. Note that if she doesn't concentrate on the connection, anything she is controlling dies.

Eye color: Dark green

Hair color/description: Black, short (for a girl), and ruffled (like Tal, she hates combs)

Build of body: Similar to Tal, only slightly shorter

Backstory: Natalie is Tal's twin sister. When they were babies their parents died and they were seperated; Tal ended up with foster parents, Natalie went to an orphanage. Incidents involving her powers led her to be feared and rejected by normal people. She later met up with Tal, whose foster parents had died from illness. The two went to the troubled teens home because it was the only place that would take them in.

Extra Info: Unlike her brother, she is moody and reclusive, mostly due to her childhood. She doesn't like Tal's lightheartedness. Like Tal, getting upset or angry can cause her powers to go out of whack, which is bad because this can easily kill anything she accidentally controls. She secretly wishes that her powers allowed her to control humans, though besides this restriction, her powers have few limits. She can control more than one living thing at once, though this strains her immensely.

All right, I think I'm good now. I'm ready to start when you are, silverwolf! :D
Mister Frodo

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:14 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Whoot, it's Tal!! 8D

I'm ready and rarin' to go!!! *Gets pumped up!* XD[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Yeah, me too! I'm ready, I'm ready! :D
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Shilohan ninja » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Everybody, everybody in a place to be
open up you heart and let your soul be free
I can feel the most high smilin' on me so
[color="Red"]LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED![/color] - tobyMac

As our good buddy Larry would say, let's "Git 'r done!"

((I'm ready, ok?)):thumb:
Shilohan ninja

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:06 pm

I's ready too \o.o/

Sorry for the delay O_O
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:01 pm

uc pseudonym

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Yaay! :D
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:28 pm

What's the post limit and I guess silver will post first? ^_^
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby silver_wolf454 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:33 pm

I'm going for four a day. I'll try to make the first post tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 pm

A'right, I'm ready! *wonders if there's a way to subscribe to the topic via RSS* o.o
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Of course Silver Wolf would post first ^^ She is the GM after all ^^ Four post a day sounds good to me ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm

hmm four a day should be...ok but that might turn into a lot quick...especially for those who work or go to school during the day I guess we will see lol
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:31 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]And, yeah, I might not be able to post much, so....
Four a day is good. :3[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby CelticWarrior20 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Name:Dan

Power: Can Control the shadows and manipulate them into anything i want
Eye color: Dark Brown

Hair color/description: Black and kinda short but sorta long like it covers one of my eyes

Build of the body: skinny about 6'4 maybe 200lbs
CelticWarrior20

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Sooo I'll just post this here. Let me know if it's alright if I have another character.

~~

Name: Zander (no last name)

Power: He is able to make himself into a shadow, which allows him to move in other shadows undetected. It also allows him to distort shadows around him, including his own shadow form (allowing him to change his forms shape to make it look like an animal for example) and move in places he wouldn't be able to normally (like under a door or in narrow places). His shadow form is typically like a normal shadow (staying flat against solid surfaces) but sometimes he can make his form stand like a normal object. When he shifts from his normal form to the shadow, he looks like he is sinking into the ground, and when he turns back normal, it does the exact opposite.

Appearance: He has a slightly creepy complexion, kind of looking like he hasn't slept in a couple days. At first, people always think he's scary looking, like one of those people you would see in a dark alley at night. Also, his skin is very pale.

Build of the body: Lean, 5'10".

Eye color: Black iris with a line of red around the pupil.

Hair color/description: He has dark red hair, with lines of black through it, that is long enough to hang in his face a bit. It also has a slight curl to it.

Clothing: A black untucked button down dress shirt with the top three buttons undone, a gray tank top, loose slightly faded black jeans and all black converse all stars.

Extra info: Because of his power, he has a knack for sneaking up on people, which has gained him the nickname "Sneak".
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Oh, also, when Zander goes into peoples shadows while he is in shadow form, he can sometimes sense random things about them. Like if the person is a cat lover, or if they had a bad childhood, what their name is, etc. Or sometimes the gist of what their thoughts are centered around in that moment.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Silver Wolf~

I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of this awesome rpg. (mesuh so far behind...) Which is a major bummer, because I really liked it! D8
Anyways, thanks! n.n
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Lady Kenshin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Is it too late for me to join? I love this idea!

Name: Mitzi Selby

Power: (Make up somthing creepy ^^ be creative): Can call up and control mist.

Eye color: Milky white and opaque. Her skin is nearly white.

Hair color/description: Dull grey. Short, as if she chopped it herself.

Build of the body: Tall but slim. Does she eat? Who knows?

Extra info: She never stops smiling. Even when she sleeps. It's not a normal smile; it's the kind that gives you the MAJOR heebie-jeebies every time you see her. She is always happy no matter what happens, even when the emotion is inappropriate to the situation. Not much is known about her, but she has a little brother she can rattle on about for hours.

Name: Euphemia

Power: (Make up somthing creepy ^^ be creative): She is Mitzi's alternate personality. She sometimes appears in the mist and speaks as her own entity. She tends to try to choke people she is angry with on water vapor.

Eye color: Same

Hair color/discription: Same, but Euphemia's hair is long, wavy and luxuriant.

Build of the body: Tall, but curvier than Mitzi.

Extra info: She is scary. She's quite alluring to the opposite sex, but whatever attraction she might inspire is tempered in any sensible person by a healthy dose of fear. Feared and envied. Mitzi isn't aware that she exists, even when she is right in front of her. Euphemia wants to get rid of Mitzi so that she can have the body all to herself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying