Supers in Chicago

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:04 am

OOC: YOu're not supposed to know her alter ego yet! But we'll just ignore that.
--Phobos--
Phobos said, "I can read your mind. I can tell you are suspicious of me because there are no files on me. I cannot allow that." She fiddled with a switch on her costume's collar, turning on its psychadelic display.
"You will now face your worst fear."
--Voltage--
"They've been rather quiet." Voltage said. At that moment, a little boy was seen by the heroes playing with a ball. The ball rolled into the street. Of course, a car was coming.
"Well, it's hero time!" said Voltage.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:33 am

"This is ridiculous," said Chase, sighing.

"The boss will throw a fit if he catches us associating ourselves with such riff raff," he continued, not noticing Voltage's odd declaration.

"Anyway, come with me, Phobos, I'll see if I can't arrange a meeting with our boss. Of course, we'll have to check the archives for your file first."
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:02 am

OOC: Sting, Voltage's stuff is happening outside the building. How are you seeing that?
Phobos turned to Chase, her psychadelic display still functioning. "And what do you fear, Chase?" she asked.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:49 am

"I can't see why that is releva-" began Chase, before he was interrupted by the sight of an imaginary blaze burning the building.

"Fire! Fire!" he frantically exclaimed, as he shakily took a phial labled 'water conjuring' off his belt.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 am

OOC: Conductor knows her name because Yoko had been following Chase and her...silly.

--The Conductor--

"Wait. What---"

Everything grew darker; soon Anthony found himself alone. Complete silence.

"Hello?"

Nothing. Not even his voice echoed. His eyes grew wide as they tried to make out something in the void.

--Whirlwind--

Her heart stopped when she saw the child and the oncoming car; they weren't slowing down.

"Kid! Look out!"

The child looked up at the two hero; then at the car. His feet became locked into the pavement in fear.

"Volt! Get the kid!"

Whirlwind then raced headfirst towards the car; her hands swirling with air.

"Slow down!", she exclaimed as the energy she had gathered made its direction towards the car. The vehicle lifted front end and flipped into the air. The veins around her temples emerged as the vehicle was wrapped into a stream of air and brought slowly down on top of a nearby bakery.

"Sweet...", she said softly when the vehicle and its confused passengers were balancing atop a giant doughnut.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm

--Voltage--
Voltage thought fast and ran towards the kid and picked him up. When they were safe, The boy looked up at him and smiled.
"Next time, kid, word of advice. When the ball goes into the street, just give it up. Toys are expendable. Children aren't." Voltage said.
--Phobos--
Phobos wondered how much she should tell about herself. She decided it might be best to tell a lie. After all, her mentor once told her, "People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
(OOC: That's a quote from Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind.)
"I have no records because I haven't been born yet." she explained. "I'm from the future."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:21 pm

--Whirlwind--

Whirlwind walked over, placing her hands on her hips.

"Be careful next time, kiddo! You coulda gotten killed!!! Geez Louise...."

Her tone softened before she quickly stooped down and hugged the boy.

"But please be careful when you play..."

"Yes ma'am", was the honest reply.

He squirmed away from Yoko and wrapped his little arms around Voltage.

"You're a Red, White, and Blue! Voltage! The Avenger of the Innocent! Slayer of the Dasterdly! I'm your biggest fan! Thank you for saving me!"

"Tommy! Tommy!", called a worried female voice.

"That's my Mom. I gotta go home."

The boy smiled again as he turned the corner and raced down the street.

"Nice kid", Whirlwind examined once the boy was out of sight. "Do you wanna deal with the smart driver? I'm gonna hit the winds..."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 pm

VOltage said to Whirlwind. "I get that a lot. You know, it feels kinda good when little kids act like that around you. Makes you feel respected."
He turned to the driver. "Next time, pay more attention. I don't want a death on my karma, especially a child."
He felt a slight pain in his stomach. Why now? Why did that memory come back? He shrugged it off. "Hey, Yoko, want to go somewhere? I know a good joint. Besides, I have to return a book to the library." He held up a copy of a book by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
OOC: Figured I'd make a little 20's ref. to establish where we are in time. Sorry I don't know any 20's slang, though.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm

"Pardon?" Chase asked as he finished dousing the imaginary flames.

"You say you're from the future?" he continued.

"Oh, I see. You're a Kapoot! You got me to lead you here so that you could attack the Successors from the inside! Very sneaky, yet not sneaky for CHARLEMAGNE!
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 am

"Not at all." said Phobos. She turned off the display. "Allow me to show you." She took out a holographic ID. "You certainly don't have this kind of technology...yet." She had to be careful. She didn't want to reveal too much of the truth. Now it was time for the lie. "I was sent to your time to help. If you succeed in your goals, my future becomes different. Our historians have proposed this time period as the catalyst for the future. That's my mission."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 am

--The Conductor--

Now finding himself back in the concert hall with Phobos and Charlemange, Anthony quietly listened as he recovered from his hellish shock. The future...and how now was a catalyst for the future....but how? Was it the Kapoots? No...it had to be something more.

"Tell me", he said regaining his poise, "how exactly are the three leagues of supers affected by one another that leads to your time? What happens here that is so significant?"

--Whirlwind--

Yoko smiled, pulling her goggles over her almond-shaped eyes.

"'Fraid I can't. I don't just go swingin' with any hip cat, especially ones I don't know. Maybe some other time when I've gotten an idea of who you are and why you'd want to Charleston with a Successor. Besides....I can see it painted on your face that somethin' bout the kid got your knickers in a bunch. Shake it off, pal. See you when I see ya!"

Her hand raised to give Voltage a waving gesture before she leapt into the air and disappeared into the sea of black velvet night sky. As nice as the guy was, she had pressing business elsewhere.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

--Voltage--
Voltage walked off to the library and dropped off his book in the drop. Then he stepped into a church.
The pastor was there. This was the only person outside of his team that knew Voltage's alter ego.
"What troubles you, my son?" he asked.
"Father, the memory won't leave me. The time I let a kid die. I couldn't help it. Back then, I couldn't control my powers as easily." he said.
"My son, you can't dwell on the past. There is no way to change what has happenned. I'm asking you, as your pastor and friend, to move on. Let that mistake be a reminder and nothing more."
"You're right. I'll try." he said as he left.
--Phobos--
"In my future, the Kapoots won. They created anarchy over not just Chicago, but all the United States. World War II occurred, and without the United States unified to stop it, the world plunged into chaos. The only benefit was that I was a guinea pig in an experiment that increased my ability to use my brain. The average person in your time is only able to use 10% of his or her brain. I can use all of it. I have to admit, I do get the occassional headache, but that's the only side effect. But I came back to change all that. Your group was supposedly the most powerful. That's why I decided to join."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:37 pm

OOC: You do realize, Rockie, that Anthony is a RW&B, right?

--The Conductor--

Joy's words were a lot to absorb. He leaned heavily against his large baton. A future controlled by evil and ruled by chaos? Nay, such a place could not be his and the future generations that would follow him.

"What role had the Successors? Did they help the Red, White and Blues at all against the fight? Please elaborate for me, my dear, for I am quite at a loss."

--Whirlwind--

"You're late, Squints."

Yoko's feet lightly tapped the minute hand of the great city clock. The voice sunk back into the shadows of the belltower. The hero ignored the insult and crept through the small opening inside the ticking structure.

"Cut the antics, daddo. You said you had information."

"I do. You wanted to know about the Kapoots and the Flags, right?"

"Correct."

"Here are the files I have gathered on a few. Keep this incog, ya see?"

"I gotcha. Here's the payment."

A bag of unknown substance hit the floor; from the darkness slid a notebook and a few shabby manilla folders."

"A pleasure doin' business withcha.", replied the voice.

"I'm sure.", was Yoko's reply as she grabbed the info and blotted into the sky.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 pm

"At one point, both the RW&B and the Successors joined forces. But it was too much by then and it was futile." Joy said, feigning disdain.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:48 pm

"This cannot be!" said Chase, abrubtly changing his tone.

"The forces of good must always triumph!"

He turned around to face Phobos.

"I do have one concern, however: If you change the past, you may not exist in the future, so you wouldn't be able to come back here to the past, meaning the future would remain the same."

He turned around once again.

"Of course, if the future wasn't changed, you would exist, and therefore could change the past, but then again, that means that you wouldn't exist and therefore couldn't change the past..."
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:28 pm

--The Conductor--

"Either way", he said as he came around and pat Chase reassuring on the shoulder, "Madame Phobos here as taken great risk to come and aid us; let us not bother ourselves over such details."

He looked up at Joy, trying to signal his concern and positive assurance.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Joy smiled, "So does this mean I can join?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 pm

"I don't know. It depends on whose side you actually want to join.", answered the familiar voice.

Anthony had been to engrossed with Joy to notice the shift in the air. Soon Yoko stood amongst them.

"Yoko....you really must work on entering a room properly.", he started.

"Nevermind that, Tony. Phobos is what you call yourself, correct? My people can't find anything on you, so whether you can be trusted is an issue."

"Yoko! You cannot speak so bluntly! Please forgive her, Phobos."

"Blunt or not", continued Whirlwind, "you must prove to both the Flags and the Rebs that you are the real deal. After that, you can pick whom you'd want to fight with. I'm a captain for the Rebs in this district; Tony is a top Flag. You'll have to show your stuff. I've got an assignment if you want it."

She handed Joy one of her manilla folders.

"And Young-Blood", she said turning to Charlemange, "I have something for you too. Or should I say Chase Paladin? Parents prominent patrons to the Flags....born here in Chicago....accepted into the University at thirteen....smart cookie, aren't ya? My people have gathered here that you don't have any actual power, this'll be a test for you."

She then tossed a manilla folder to him.

"Sayonara."

She was gone again.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:05 am

At that moment, a man in a green jumpsuit was not far from the Successors' HQ. His name was Tremor, and he was one of the most feared members of the Kapoots.
"Time to start some chaos!" he laughed maniacally and punched the ground. An earthquake began.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:15 am

--The Conductor--

"Whoa! What in heavens was that?"

Anthony cut across the walkway towards a large window. Lifting the large maroon curtain, his eyes viewed the odd man in the green suit.

"It's the Kapoots! This might be the action you were looking for, Monsiuer Charlemange."

Grabbing an instrument case close to a nearby seat, he stormed outside.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

"Oh, yes! Finally!" said Chase dropping the folder in his excitement.

"This is no doubt the work of Tremor! That villain will face the wrath of the Successors!"

Chase ran out the door in the blink of an eye.
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm

"You can bet I'm coming!" said Phobos. This was an opportunity she wasn't going to pass up.
Voltage felt the ground shake as well. "Sounds like Tremor broke out of our resident cardboard prison." he sighed and grabbed a trash can lid. Then he used his electricity on it and flew off to look for tremor
OOC: This is sort of like how Static gets around.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:56 am

--The Conductor--

"Tremor! I could have known...what do we owe the pleasure?", he asked as he took out a gleaming silver fiddle from its case.

--Whirlwind--

"Vibrations in the air...must be the work of Tremor", Yoko thought to herself as she darted in and out of the midnight black clouds. "This might be interesting."

She turned around and headed back towards the concert hall. Soon the image took place in her round goggles. Very interesting. She landed on a nearby roof to watch the fight unfold.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Voltage arrived on the scene. "Hey Anthony! Need any help?" he asked with a smirk.
"Well, I see the gang's all here, more or less!" Tremor laughed. He let loose another slight quake.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 pm

--The Conductor--

"Bernard, my friend!", Anthony exclaimed as he lifted his chin from the bow, "Thank goodness you've arrived!"

He resumed his position and struck a chord; instantly sound waves bolted from the instrument towards Tremor.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Chase shot a fierce stream of water from his hands, courtesy of the last phial he drank.

"Feel the pain of great justice, fiend!"
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:33 am

Tremor was knocked down.
"I think we got him! See, we should team up more often, Successors." said Voltage.
Phobos walked up to Tremor. "And now to stop him for keeps."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:41 am

--Whirlwind--
"Interesting indeed...", she mumbled to herself. She moved her hands around in a leisurely motion; soon spirals of air encompased Tremor.

"Okay future gal, let's see your skills."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Phobos waited for Tremor to come around. "All right, you, just keep your eyes on my costume."
Tremor smirked. "Not too hard, beautiful." he said.
OOC: Yeah, he went there.
She turned on her psychadelic display.
"Yikes! How'd I get so high up all of a sudden. Whoa! I'm FALLING!" Tremor explained.
"Now listen to me and you'll stop falling." said Phobos.
"Anything you say. Just get me down safely!"
"You will fall asleep until the police come here. And you won't break out of prison this time."
Tremor immediately obeyed.
"Now we can get out of here." Phobos suggested.
"Hey, who's the new girl?" said Voltage.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:51 pm

--Whirlwind--

"She doesn't have any information that I can find.", answered Yoko as she appeared before the group.

"Ms Joy is from the future; she has come here to fight the Kapoots in order to change the course of history.", interjected Anthony.

"Joy is it?", Yoko mused, "Interestin'. Ain't you just the cat's meow? The ability to turn fears into a believable vision. Must be swell..."

"Yoko! Do be nice!", Anthony stammered. "At any rate, Phobos has proven herself to be more than capable. As captain of the Northern Quarter, I give my highest approval. Wouldn't you approve, Bernard?"
Phantom_Sorano

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying