rpg idea~shades of grey

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

rpg idea~shades of grey

Postby sonichiro » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:09 pm

the world is covered in water except for these giant trees that grow out of the water. the trees have rope bridges linking all of them together. the trees are so large that people built whole cities amongst the branches. its almost like a series of tree houses. no one dares go into the water because of the creatures that live in the waves. everyone used to live in peace untill one gready man decided to take over all the cities. he gathered an army and is now trying to dominate the world. people began cutting the rope bridges that linked the trees to stop him from taking over. but in cutting the bridges are they really stopping him from getting into their town or have they trapped themselves? the only way to get out of the town would be to swim.....
your character can be anything you want. a man, elf, goblin etc. the only things you cant be are witches, vampires, demons and werewolves. please no withcraft, spells or chanting. your characters can have 'abilities', they can have an element that obeys them exmpl. water, fire, sand, wind, sun, storm etc. characters have either unusual names of unheard of names. ex. one of my characters is scarlette, other names you can feel free to use are fionavere,charlottea, apple, violin, edward, james, raine, skye, cloud, etc. most characters where unusual clothing usually blazers and ties for boys and dresses for girls. characters are only to dress in black, green, purple, and red, they always wear something black(you can wear other colours if you REALLY want to) ps. i said no werewolves but you can transform into a particular animal or transform into a compleatly different character and or have wings. violence is aloud to an extent. nothing too graphic as an example of something unnaloud would be 'rina stabbed the dragon in it chest and ripped its blade threw the skin and the blood dripped all over her hands. she reached insde its bloody carcass and pulled its heart out of its ribcage...." you could say rina stabbed the dragon in the chest and got blood on her. edit: when i say that they wear unusual clothing i mean unusual for the setting. the clothing is kind of victorian age style/punk style. IF YOU WANT TO BE APART PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE CLOTHING GUIDELINES> thnkyou! ^__^
-- if white was black and black was white, what of shades of grey?
sonichiro

Postby Felix » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:15 pm

Hey, I like that Idea. It sounds like a nice twist on a story that I think I've heard before. I will be waiting for it to get started. ^_~
Felix

Postby sonichiro » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:30 pm

thanks! i wanted it to be the movie water meets edward scissor hands meets lotr meets a series of unfortuanate events meets the manga under the glass moon meets card captor sakura meets dnangel
sonichiro

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:28 pm

'rina stabbed the dragon in it chest and ripped its blade threw the skin and the blood dripped all over her hands. she reached insde its bloody carcass and pulled its heart out of its ribcage..

OH MY GOSH!!! XD THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! I cracked up when i read it, sorry i have a twisted sence of humor or so my sister and dad, and mom, and brother say...anyhow, i'm in!^_~
SorasOathkeeper

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:46 am

lol
sonichiro

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:08 pm

SO when will we start?
SorasOathkeeper

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:10 pm

Oo! I wanna join!! Can I make a character Bio right now?
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:10 pm

when it gets approved in the main role play section, ive alreadyy pm'd someone but i think i might pm ashley as well. c-friend sure go right a head
sonichiro

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Ok..but I have one more Q..can I be a cat person that has wings?
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:19 pm

what do you mean by 'cat person'. there arent any major anthro characters but you can have like cat ears and a tail and wings if you like. ^__^ or someone who turns into a cat.
sonichiro

Postby Felix » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 pm

Allright. This sounds like it's gonna be awesome!! ^___^
I think I'll make a character bio as wel.
Felix

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:33 pm

Yeah! Thats exactly what i meant! Ok thanks! Heres my character Bio..

Name:sive

Appearance: She has black cat ears and a tail. She also has black wings that can come out whenever she wants. She has long black hair that goes to the middle of her back. She wears a short black skirt a black shirt and has black gloves that go almost halfway up her arms and has dark purple ribbons hanging off of the gloves. Her eyes are dark purple.

Attiude: Quite and shy.

She never realy uses her wings unless there is some sort of trouble..and sometimes they come out when she is stressed. She never talks to anyone and has no friends. She is always alone and just wonders around by herself. She has the power of controlling storms.
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:39 pm

k, if this gets approved i have two characters. the girls name is scarlette. she has chestnutte brown ringlets. her hair is mainly ringlets except for two large braids on the left side of her head. her hair is just below shoulder length. she wears a dark purple dress with black lace at the throat and waist. the dress has black puffs at the shoulders and black fishnet sleeves. she has deep green eyes and wears an emerald green broach that brings out her eyes. she has ONE large black wing located in the middle of her back between her shoulder blades and it always has purplish black ribbons tied around it. it is a birds wing. wind listents to her.she has a brother but i havent worked out his details yet. o ya shes 15
sonichiro

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:41 pm

OO! Thats cool!! and if you wanted..just Pm ShiroiHikari and ask to approve this rp right now..
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:55 pm

ok, i did.
sonichiro

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:55 pm

Cool! I cant wait till this Rp starts!
christianfriend

Postby Felix » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:58 pm

Ok, This is how I think my character shall be.

Name: Sirus

Height: 5'8"

Slender build, yet not weak. Has light black hair (Not gray, just a paler shade of black) that is straight and falls to his shoulders. He wears a large, well-worn dark brown coat and a light gray T-shirt. He also wears loose black pants and heavy boots. Previously a silversmith's apprentice, he lost his left arm in a smithing accident so his arm is constructed from a sturdy, flexible metal called Pyronite.
He has pale green eyes, and long slender fingers.

Personality: Doesn't talk a whole lot. he only answers the questions he considers worth answering. He is straightfoward and often seems rather blunt. He is thoughtful, to a certain extent and rarely does something without thinking it through, first. Yet, despite of this, he is quite gentle and caring inside, even though he tries not to show it. He is likes to act tough, but is soft inside.

Umm...that's all I can think of about him right now.
Felix

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:04 pm

Thats realy good!!
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:19 pm

k here goes my second character. he is scarlettes twin brother named Jade. he waears a black and emerald green pin striped blazer and black pants with an emerald green stripe on the outside of the leg (they are dress pants and they match the dress coat) he wears a black tie and a black/purple dress shirt. he has long feathery black hair(almost like daisuke niwas) and has purple eyes. the left arm of the blazer has a rip going length ways down it and is held together with many safety pins. he has a black glove with a square hole on the hand that he waears on the left hand. hhe has a large thorney vine that grows from his right hand that he can retract and is kind of like his weapon, it has a mind of its own and is like his pet. the right arm of the blazer is bing held on by safety pins. he makes it rain.
sonichiro

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:23 pm

Sa-weet!! I like this character! So...has the Rp been approved yet?
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:25 pm

no i dont think so. will shiroihikari start the thread in main roleplay or will send me a pm saying its okay for me to start it???
sonichiro

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:26 pm

Um..I think she will Pm you..but im not sure..heh heh..sorry..
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:27 pm

do you khow if shes still online??
sonichiro

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:27 pm

Nope..she got off! NOOOOO!
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:31 pm

Ggaaaaaarrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh! O Well! ^__^
sonichiro

Postby Felix » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:35 pm

I really like your characters. Especially the guy!

Oh yeah. My character's mother was killed by the creatures that live in the water while trying to save his baby brother, also killed. His father left without a word when his mother died and he hasn't seen him since. Sirus had a hard time providing for himself on his own, and that's probably why he has a hardened outer personality now. A kind silversmith took him in as an apprentice so the boy could eat and have a warm place to eat. then, a smithing accident killed the smith and took off Sirus's left arm. He has no siblings

The great stress brought upon him by the loss of his mother, baby brother, and possibly his father as well has built up within him, giving him the ability to mold and command the water. Yet he only uses this power when he really has to, because with his powers from the deaths, comes a deep-set fear of the water. Thus, his greatest strngth is also his greatest fear.

He is usually very calm and seems to fear nearly nothing...but the water.......
Felix

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:50 pm

Hey ya know..I forgot some stuff also! Sive livs with her mother who is very cruel to her. she has never known her father. Her mother, Osaka makes Sive do everything while she does whatever she wants.
christianfriend

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:04 pm

jade and scarlette live with their cousin, but he isnt good to them so they come and go from his house when they please, he doesnt care. their parents left them with him seven years ago and they havent heard from them since.
sonichiro

Postby c-girl » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:20 pm

name: Axelle
race: human/ birdy
element: Wind

Physical description: She has short light sand colored hair and pale white skin. Her eyes are grey and expressionless. She has white angel type wings that she can bring out by will.

A little bit about her:
Axelle is a blind teenage girl, living with her grandma Orna and her younger cousin Sile. Although she is blind, she has really good hearing and other senses that help her get along. Axelle also plays a wooden flute .

Personality: sweet, quiet, and playful.
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby sonichiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:29 pm

do you have a description of her clothing yet?? your character reminds me of this character in the manga im making. her name is song and shes blind but shes the most powerful 'weapon' because of how precise her hearing is.
sonichiro

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying