The Shady Grove Home for Troubled Teens (Shadow Dwellers reopened)

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Shady Grove Home for Troubled Teens (Shadow Dwellers reopened)

Postby silver_wolf454 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:46 pm

We all have problems here..that's why we're family.. The Shady Grove Home for Troubled Teens has a secret..the teens are more than just troubled they are completly unatural. Some of which are down right scary. From the sightly troubling children who say they hear voices to the strange boy who can bring his shadow to life. Trouble is they don't know why...trouble is they don't want to stay...trouble is....nobody knows they exsist.

In this word there are teens who are "Troubled" They are born with darkness in their bodys. Of couse the 'normal' people fear this darkness and so they try to hide it by locking them all in this house. They say it's a nice place but it's more like a prision.

I'll need:

Name:

Power: (Make up somthing creepy ^^ be creative)

Eye color:

Hair color/discription:

Build of the body:

Extra info:
Name: Shera

Power: He's the boy who can bring his shadow to life ^^

Eye color: midnight blue

Hair color/discription: Shaggy to his shoulder deep blue hair

Build of the body:lean and tall

Extra info: He is acctualy the son of the house's founder

Name: Salem (What I will name my son one day ^o^)

Power: Can form darkness into a black/green energy that he can blast from his hands......somthimes this power goes off on it's own

Eye color:green/slitted

Hair color/discription: Deep blood red/ long enough to reach the pit of his back

Build of the body:Skinny....like hot emo guy skinny

Extra info:he's mostly there but being locked in a house for so long has made him a bit crazy...just a bit.

my characters without a Bio: Tello, Vincent, Reno, Tera,Lore and other miscellaneous characters. (most of these are staff members and only show up when I need to use them)

[SIZE="3"]This is an rp that is re opening, all original players are welcome to rejoin as well as new players.
[color="Red"]
*Keep in mind that you are not allowed to make major change to the story without asking me first. If you have to think about it, ask me.*[/color]

Normal rules apply. No one liners, no more than two charactors, and I will play the staff of the home. ^^[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:20 pm

Name: Jirus DeLane Shiloh (also goes by JD)

Power: has an uncanny ability to pass through anything and anyone, absorbing all memories without the host knowing it, making him imune to physical and telepathic attacks. Well trained in the arts of telepathy and ninjistu, though he rarely needs to use them, due to his natural ability.

Eye color: calm yet peircing pure aqua marine (no pupils)

Hair color/discription: short 2-inch length in back (usually spiked upward), shoulder length straight hair in front parted partialy to one side.

Build of the body: 7'9", muscular, athletic (expertly treads the line of tough jock and creepy goth)

Extra info: sports a goatee, usually wearing a hand-made choaker consisting of bear claws and cougar teeth with a steel trinity symbol in the middle around his neck; also tends to carry a peacefull, yet haunting presence at all times, due mainly to his eyes.
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:16 am

Yay for shadow dwellers!! I'll post my char tomorrow ^^
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:19 am

Try to tone down his power a bit SN it's a bit over the top.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Althaia » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Name:Melpomene (means choir in greek)

Power: she hears voices of peoples shadows and can echo locate sorta like bats can

Eye color: shes blind

Hair color/discription: has long black hair that goes down to her waist

Build of the body: tall and thin

Extra info: the reason shes blind is because she got into an accident when she was five and lost her eyesight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Name: Kanya Hadiyya

Power: She can control parts of someones mind and cause them to hear/see things that aren't there. She can also put thoughts into someones head if she concentrates hard enough, and dreams/nightmares when they're sleeping if she's close enough. The problem with her power is, she sees things that aren't there as well (the things she makes others see/dream). She has two imaginary friends that change with her emotions, which can be very terrifying when she's angry. If the things she sees get too intense, others start seeing/hearing them too.

Eye color: Calming deep blue.

Hair color/description: She has straight black hair that goes right above her shoulders and angles from her nose, causing her hair to cover one of her eyes.

Clothing: She wears a black short sleeve jacket, a white short sleeve shirt, black cargo pants with chains, black and white converse, and black and white striped arm warmers.

Build of the body: Skinny, 5'6

Extra info: Because of her powers, she is kind of weird/insane.
Also, she is always seen carrying around a small doll that looks like a private school boy.

(Silverwolf, let me know if it's alright that she has two imaginary friends)
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:59 pm

This sounds really interesting ^ ^ Lets see if I can stick with it. I've been in an RP slump (is that the right word) for a loooooooooooong time <__>

Name: Ayumi (is sometimes called just Ayu or just Yumi) ^ ^

Power: Control anything with a shadow. With a wave of her hand (Slightest movement, that is. She hasn't mastered willing them with her mind alone, yet). Making them into lethal weapons of death and destruction ~(O_O)~

(Can she also control water? Or, at least a little bit since she's just coming into her powers?)

NOTE: Ok, maybe nothing over the top if it sounds that way. I want her to be just discovering her powers ^ ^

Eye color: Sapphire Blue <3

Hair color/discription: I lighter blue ^^ Like, the same shade of blue as Sasami's from Tenchi ^ ^

Build of the body: Skinny/slim however you'd like to put it ^^

Extra info: Nobody really knows anything let alone much about her. That, including how she ended up in the Troubled Home ~(O_O)~

(Let me know if you feel I have to change anything ^ ^)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Name: Illumine Eclairâmes

Power: Unvoluntarily, if a person is around Illumine, a mishap is going to occur. The degree of the mishap depends on his current mood.

Eye color: Bright Pink

Hair color/description: Tah~Dah!

Build of the body: Slender

Extra info:
Because Illumine doesn't want to risk hurting others, he keeps to himself. So, he has formed a tight bond with his Teddy, rightly named Teddy
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:25 pm

(Edited by request silver_wolf454)
Watchya think?

Name: Jirus DeLane McCleary (also goes by JD)

Power: has an uncanny ability to pass through anything and anyone, absorbing all or most memories while posessing the subject, making him imune to most physical and telepathic attacks (the telepathic attack has to be pretty powerful to do much damage). Self-trained in the arts of telepathy and ninjitsu, though he rarely needs to use them, due to his natural ability.

Eye color: calm yet peircing pure aqua marine (no pupils)

Hair color/discription: short 2-inch length in back (usually spiked upward), shoulder length straight hair in front parted partialy to one side.

Build of the body: 7'9", muscular, athletic (expertly treads the line of tough jock and creepy goth)

Extra info: sports a goatee, usually wearing a hand-made choaker consisting of bear claws and cougar teeth with a steel trinity symbol in the middle around his neck; also tends to carry a peacefull, yet haunting presence at all times, due mainly to his eyes. Other than that, he's a mystery to everyone.
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
Farewell to hollow words
Shilohan ninja

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:49 pm

[color="Magenta"]Looks good. Keep in mind guys, if your character's powers may be limited even further when gameplay starts, some for punishment or other reasons[/color]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Gotcha. So, do you accept the edited version?
Farewell to hollow words
Shilohan ninja

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Does that mean we're in ^ ^?

Will there be any rules to this rpg? Like, post count per day and no one liners?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:43 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Name: Tamesis Kana-Uta

Power: Tamesis is able to draw up other people's shadows, and use them to power herself. When she reaches a certain limit of "stolen shadows", she can make herself into "[color="Plum"]Gigadelia[/color]". This form consists of herself turning completely black with smoky shadows emanating off of her form.
They also form smoke-like wings that sprout from her shoulder blades, and can cause severe bleeding if she goes about handling them wrongly. Her eyes also turn yellow, and her teeth sharpen (Akin to shark's teeth)

Eye color: Normal: Black, Gigadelia: Bright fluorescent yellow.

Hair color/discription: Voila, it is Tame-chan!

Build of the body: Lean build, slight muscle, and 5'6"

Extra info: Due to some past....events, Tame-chan's social interactions aren't the best. When she is talking to someone, she always has a slight smile whilst her eyes are blank-looking. Only when she is angry does her expression change from a slight smile to a harsh neutral position.
When she is in Gigadelia mode, she is dubbed with a maniacal smile.

Hope this is okay.[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Name: Vlad Drac'ul

Power: shapeshifting. When he shifts shapes his body and clothing turn pure black, he increases or decreases in size and shape and then regains color. Can not turn into anything that is not solid.

Hair: Untamed black hair that barily touches his shirt or go past his ears but is kept out of his eyes.

Eyes: Dark Brown, so dark that if you are more than two feet from him you can't tell if he even has a pupil.

Body frame: skinny, look like he skipped a few meals. 6'1. Kind of look like "L" from Death Note.

Clothing: Plain white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Background: Killed his mother at birth. Won't talk to you much if at all. Found in the library reading books the majority of the time. Has been here since childhood but was only resently allowed to live with the others.

Extra: The form he normally wears (the skinny, "L" rip off look.) isn't even his true form.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 am

SOunds like a creepy version of X-men! I'll join!
Name: Jason Hendrix

Power: hypnosis. He is very skilled with it and it is extremely hard to resist his suggestions.
Eye color: brown

Hair color/description: black, with dreadlocks.

Build of the body: Has brown skin and average build.

Extra info: Jason tries to use his abilities for good and has a good grasp on morality, thanks to his upbringing in a strictly religious home. He is a Roman Catholic and is never without three things: his Bible, his rosary, and his guitar. He has aspirations to be a great rock guitarist. This is mostly because he discovered has the same last name as the great rock music pioneer, Jimi Hendrix. He is a true prodigy who taught himself how to play. He emulates Hendrix so much that he even has a Fender Stratocaster Flying V guitar, the same kind of guitar Hendrix had. He's even a left-handed player, just like Hendrix was. His parents were very loving, but were afraid someone might use Jason for evil purposes, so they sent him to the home. He gets along well with most people, as long as he doesn't suspect that they are up to something evil.
OOC: is it ok if I start with his first day in the home and have his parents appear too? oh, and the link I give is for people who don't know who Hendrix was. I thought it might help.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:48 pm

The home isn't a good place rock lolz. It's like a jail for these kids because socity (even their parents) Hated them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Cool characters everyone **

Heehee, I just noticed I can read your text easier now, Hana :P
Tsukuyomi

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:53 pm

In that case, I'll change it. I'll make him like that kid in the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life". Now that's one creepy kid!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Well, he gets my vote for "last-brat-I-want-to-babysit". @_@

Ooh~ Awesome pic, Hana-chan!
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:09 am

I'm going to post today or tomorrow ^_^
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:38 pm

I changed my mind. JAson's still going to be a good kid. Just misunderstood. After all, innocent people get in prisons too, unfortunately.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby RidleyofZebes » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 pm

I wanna get in on this one! :D I loved the original, and read all but the last 2-3 pages. (Gotta get back to those... <_<) I'll have a bio and character ready shortly.

BTW, is this a continuation of the last shadow dwellers, or a new beginning? o.o
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Shilohan ninja » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Speaking of which, it seems your rpg hasn't seen an update in a while. Any reason why?

To silver: have you chosen to accept the characters yet?
Farewell to hollow words
Shilohan ninja

Postby silver_wolf454 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:16 am

It will be a continuation if more of the older players join but the way it's going I think I'll start it over.

Yes I said all of your characters were accepted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 am

Name: Tori Sagewa

Power: She can use any type of shadows to her will. She can form them into weapons, creatures etc. She does use energy when doing so and she isn't very good at it except to form her "friend". However, when she is frightened the shadows will protect her.

Eye color: It changed color and often has specs of blood and gold

Hair color/description: She has dark brown hair, often pulled into a bun.

Build of the body: Thin but tone. 5'4". She's slightly tan.

Extra info: When she is lonely she will make a wolf-shadow to keep her company. She calls this creature, "Vincent". She is quiet and reserved. She only knows that she was outcasted by her family, seen as a "demon" and still struggles with her childhood memories.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby silver_wolf454 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:52 pm

XD XD XD Vincent is also the name of the head of the home. My main baddy lolz.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

O.O Ooh! I've got my character ready finally!

Name: Jean Morrow

Power: Able to absorb electricity from the environment around him (i.e. a wall outlet, static electricity) and create a reservoir in his own body to distribute as he sees fit. When he discharges the electricity, however, it takes on it's own spectrum of purple and green. He cannot generate his own electricity (except for, well, shuffling his feet on the carpet :P).

Eye color: Dark Green

Hair color/description: Brown, medium length.

Physical description: About 6'1", lean and toned, but not exactly muscular. He has a pale complexion. His usual attire is a black shirt with some logo or another on it, and dark-blue jeans. He wears black, fingerless gloves with neon green trim, concealing an array of scars and burn marks on his hands. Sports thin framed glasses with corrective lenses for mild near-sightedness.

Extra info: Jean is well versed in technology, stemming from an interest he picked up at an early age. There's not much he can't do with electronics, and he learns easily. He discovered his powers by accident one day, and managed to keep it hidden for several years. Eventually though, he found his powers becoming hard to control. He began accidentally discharging electricity and zapping things, eventually zapping himself right into the home here at Shady Grove. He has since brought the discharges back under control, however.

silver_wolf454 (post: 1260484) wrote:It will be a continuation if more of the older players join but the way it's going I think I'll start it over.

Have you thought of PMing the older players to see if they still have any interest?
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:00 pm

silver_wolf454 (post: 1260573) wrote:XD XD XD Vincent is also the name of the head of the home. My main baddy lolz.

ya know..i didn't even realize that LOL

oh well...maybe we can twist that later *grin*

Kunoichi

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 pm

This looks fun ^ ^

i'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up if there's a million post a day, though ^_^; That's prolly just me, though >_<
Tsukuyomi

Postby silver_wolf454 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:41 pm

There will be a post limit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying