A world run by steam

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

A world run by steam

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Welcome to the world of Nraimol: A world full of dwarves and elves, monsters and empires... Oh yes, and steam. Steam, steam and more steam. This world is powered by it. But because of this the world is in a fog. The sky is covered in a shroud of steam, only cities are free of fog and only because of the machines that absorb it and turn it into drinking water! Oceans are empty, aquatic creatures are rare and held in aquariums only, rivers flow with low hanging fog instead of water, and the prices of drinking water are so high because it is so rare. In this world exist warriors called steam pilots, they run complicated machinery fueled by steam and made of wood, brass and cloth. Among their most highly used equipment are steam blacks. The only machinery in the world that iron is used in thus the black. The people of this world live happily this way but recently an unknown force is sucking all the steam from the realm which will soon live the world in an eternal drought. Six steam pilots have been summoned to investigate this threat and return the water to the realm (And more will come). You may only join as a steam pilot as of right now. Submit a steam pilot and his steam black. There are no lasers in this world. No magic, no bullets, no electric pulse beams. Be creative with how your steam blacks function!

Name: Arthur Vendell
Appearance: Long brown hair (Expect this a lot in my RP characters, i like brown hair =P) Many layers of leather clothing, Tanned skin, Toughened hands, Green eyes.
Bio: He has lived most of his life inside the great forges of Alnathrol, The biggest city in Nraimol. He doesn't know much of the outside world because of this but he still knows how to properly control a steam black.
Equipment: Hatchet, Flint and steel, Telescopic glasses (Glasses except with many lenses on the side which can be flipped into place to magnify anything in front of them.).
Personality: Not the bravest of people but he is the best steam pilot in his city, Smart but naive.

Steam black
Name: Seeker
Appearance: A short heavily armored steam black (But surprisingly quite fast for its build) with a few extra pieces of machinery mounted on its back alongside its steam pipe (Which gives off excess steam). Its appearance is not entirely unlike that of a turtle.
Weapons: Built to withstand more heavy duty work so it's stronger, Releases steam from an opening in its palm over the enemy to burn them, This world is warm most of the time so plain water would feel very cold which is why condensed steam gets shot out of the chest in a mist, Also as a last resort it will spray all the fire and coals inside of its hopper out through its mouth.
Element: Foggy areas though it still can't see through them.
Other equipment: Fans of cloth to blow away fog.

Here is the format:

Steam pilot
Name:
Appearance:
Bio:
Equipment (Any three things that fit the theme):
Personality:

Steam black
Name:
Appearance:
Weapons:
Element (As in is it most efficient in foggy area's or muddy swamps or underground or what?):
Other equipment:
Robin Firedrake

Postby Lil_Ninja » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 pm

I think I'll join this one. I'll submit a character soon.

I have a question though. The steam black is machinery, right?
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 am

Right. It's like their version of a battle mech.
Robin Firedrake

Postby rocklobster » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:13 am

Steam pilot
Name: David Daniels
Appearance: Kinda looks like the frontman for Rage Against the Machine
Bio: A musician whose family was killed by evil. He has been wanting revenge ever since.
Equipment: is it okay that he has a guitar that shoots out lightning bolts?
Personality: A kind-hearted person most of the time, but is somewhat quick-tempered.

Steam black
Name: Crescendo
Appearance: A giant robot with metallic wings. Sort of like Wing Zero on Gundam Wing
Weapons: a bigger version of the guitar he uses in non-mech combat
Element (As in is it most efficient in foggy area's or muddy swamps or underground or what?): air and on the ground.
Other equipment:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 am

How bout we change lightning bolts to blaringly loud. as in it's like the witch kings (LOTR) screech.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Song_of_Storms » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 pm

I'll join later, if that's OK. ^.~
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 pm

No problem! =)
Robin Firedrake

Postby rocklobster » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:56 pm

All right, sound it is.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:33 pm

That works! I would have said go ahead but in my first post i said there's nothing like lightning bolts or lazer beams or whatnot.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Steam pilot
Name: Raven (or Ravi for short)
Appearance: American Indian looking. He has long black hair that he pulls back in a pony tail, and he has dark brown eyes. His build is very lean, and he is 6'2".
Bio: Since he was little, he always wanted to build things. He has made many great inventions that are very handy for his every day work, but his latest is the best. The Spyracnid. Because lot of his inventions in the beginning stages tend to cause havoc among the other workers, he is usually shunned by the others.
Equipment (Any three things that fit the theme): He is usually carrying a wrench for when he needs to tweak his robot, and he also carries a knife.
Personality: He is usually very quiet, and lets his actions speak for him. He loves fixing things and usually is the only one that can do it right. Some think he is a cold, mean person, but truthfully, he is nice and has a good heart, just a rough exterior.

(Not sure what to put for SB so I'm just going to wing it ^^)

Steam black
Name: Spyracnid
Appearance: It is a robot that has eight legs and looks similar to a spider. When it is not being used, it will cling onto Raven's back, making it look like a metal backpack. Two legs on each side make a loop around his arms and the other two hold around his torso.
Weapons: It can gather up humidity in the air and turn it to boiling water, and shoot a stream of it out of its mouth. When it doesn't have any humidity around it though, it has large pinchers at the front of its mouth.
Element: Fog
Other equipment: It lets out a series of short screeches in certain patterns to inform Raven of various things. Only he can understand it though.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Very nice! I was thinking of steam blacks as battle mechs but that sounds pretty neat!
Robin Firedrake

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Cool. Thx ^^
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby RidleyofZebes » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:11 am

A steampunk RP, eh? ^_^ I don't know why, but I've always been attracted to steampunk. I might to join later, if I may.

Is there anything else you could reveal about the world we're in here? I have a few questions, if so. Like... What kind of setting do we have for the architecture? Is it like... Victorian? Or would it be more of something like post-modern?
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:26 am

Think norse taverns and huts and the like. Can't go wasting all of your metal and stone on buildings now can ya! The mechanisms are where they go.
Robin Firedrake

Postby RidleyofZebes » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 pm

Okay, so we've got Norse architecture. Sounds good! ^_^ Does that go for the machinery, too?
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RidleyofZebes

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Eh. I was thinking more victorian for the machinery. They use all their resources (Besides wood which is very plentiful here) for the mechanisms which are what they truly dwell on.
Robin Firedrake

Postby RidleyofZebes » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:43 am

This sounds like a blast! ^_^ Bio coming up:

Steam pilot
Name: Bartholemew "Bart" Wingham
Appearance: 6'0", slim but muscular, medium length cobalt hair, hazel eyes, scar running down left cheekbone with another crossing it, making an "x" shape.
Bio: Born into the noble classes of Alnathrol, Bart found himself drawn outside the city's borders in his later teens. It was there he met and befriended Agnus, a metal worker who lived by himself in the swamps a few miles out from the city. It was with the help of Agnus that he created the Amphibrossé. Now, at the age of 28, he has mastered piloting his and Agnus' creation, and ventures in this world of fog in search of others who share his interest.
Equipment: A steel rapier which he keeps on his person at all times to keep it from being stolen and used in something of... lesser value. He also carries a small, wooden telescope, and a vial of an unknown, crystal clear liquid.
Personality: Despite the rough exterior he gained, Bart still considers himself of noble class. Extremely confident in himself, he occasionally considers himself invincible.

Steam black
Name: Amphibrossé
Appearance: Short and squat; tank like. Muddy-green and balck paint job.
Weapons: Mandibles (see "Other equipment") can be spun to achieve a buzz saw-like effect. Top-mounted rotating steam-gun capable of firing 9mm shells, or blasts of superheated steam.
Terrain specialty: While the Amphibrossé is more suited for flatland in its design, Bart's piloting skills make swamps and bogs seem like a second home.
Other equipment: Short, retractable arms with end-mounted mandibles capable of limited manipulation of nearby objects. Runs on tank-tracks, but has retractable leg-like appendages that allow it to "hop" should the tracks fail.
[/color]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RidleyofZebes

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Accepted...eth.
Robin Firedrake

Postby RidleyofZebes » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am

Hey, Rocklobster... is this anything like what you're talking about for a guitar?

[/color]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RidleyofZebes

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:37 pm

=O Where on earth did you find that! /wants to go to website
Robin Firedrake

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:59 pm

That guitar.. is awesomeness. o_o
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 pm

That guitar. Is steampunk. In case you wanted to know ninja =P
Robin Firedrake

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:50 pm

the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Ha ha! That's awesome!
Robin Firedrake

Postby KumaruRockz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Umm is this RP still open to newcomers? Thanks :)
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes tis!
Robin Firedrake

Postby KumaruRockz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Sweetness :) I shall join now!

Steam pilot
Name:Chase Rence
Appearance:At about 6'3", Chase has an athletic body and great posture. Brown hair and hazel eyes. He has very powerful legs, and is an extremely fast runner, faster than almost anyone in his entire city.
Bio:Born to a middle class family, Chase always had what he needed, but few of the things he truly wanted. His family truly never really appreciated him. One of the reasons he wanted to become a steam pilot was to get away and have some adventure in his life. After years of training with the best, he finally got there and became a great pilot.
Equipment:Short, iron cutlass (the iron taken from a small part of his black.) Iron steam-shooter that goes around his wrist. Spiked iron boots that are impressively comfortable despite their weight and shape.
Personality:Very outgoing. Definitely not shy. Will talk to anyone no matter who they are. Adventurous and loves being crazy and doing insane stunts.

Steam black
Name:Jumper
Appearance:Looks sort of like an AT-PT from Star Wars (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/egvv/atpt1.jpg) but has longer legs and a "shorter" body. It's legs are very enforced providing it with the uncanny ability to shoot into the sky then spread its legs back, where a thin iron sheet spreads between its legs allowing it to slowly (or quickly) glide down from the sky.
Weapons:Steam cannons that come out from the front of the Black. There is also a high-power steam gun (like a chain gun) that can shoot 25 mm rounds in a continuous 175 round per minute automatic fire.
Element:Attack from above.
Other equipment:Legs can un-attach from the body and can attach to the side of Chase's legs allowing him to have the speed and ability of the Black, without the body. The body can also shoot steam in a strong continuous burst from it's underbelly when un-attached from the legs, allowing it to float about 3 or 4 feet from the ground.

Thank you :)
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:10 am

Accepted! So how many do we have now...
Robin Firedrake

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:52 pm

five including you. And SOS said she might join. So maybe six. :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:08 pm

yay! Almost there!
Robin Firedrake

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying