Animorphs: the next generation

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Animorphs: the next generation

Postby rocklobster » Tue May 05, 2009 12:42 pm

It's time for the next generation of Animorphs. The story is basically this: The Yeerks, parasitic beings from outer space, are back, but a new group of kids are being helped by a new Andalite, played by yours truly. You can be either human or Andalite. If you like, you can have your humans serve as hosts for the Yeerks, but please let me know about this.
His name is..Rog with a lot of other letters. Trust me, just call him Rog. Give me the usual stuff and we'll go from there.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Dante » Thu May 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Hmm... Animorphs eh? Well, that does sound rather interesting, I think I might... I stopped reading the series a while back, but it does sound like fun. As to what side to play on, that is difficult... I feel somewhat sympathetic towards the Yerks and think it would be interesting to play off their more "human" side to add some ethical conflicts there... and yet the possibility of being a human that can transform into any animal they touch sounds pretty fascinating as well. I mean, there were lots of unanswered questions...

hmmm... give me some time to think about this... also, no one else on CAA ever read animorphs? Come on! Check this RP out folks, I'm even fairly confident that with the good host of RPers on CAA we could even create a better story then Applegate :P. Plus you won't be forced to re-read the beginning synopsis of the last few books every time a new post goes up!

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby rocklobster » Thu May 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Thank you Pascal! I'm only posting to keep this in the forefront. I'll add in some humans later. (glomps Pascal)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Dante » Fri May 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Name: Rei-1337
Age: 14 (I'd make him older but it would make him too easy to kill and to hard for him to relate to the other characters given the game description)
Description: I've essentially stolen my character from all other RPs... they all look the same, why I do not know (Ok I do, they are all mental self-images of what I look like in my mind... definitely NOT what I look like in reality... in my mind, I'm stuck eternally at the same age... deal with it)... WHAT?! You must have a picture? Fine, look up a Yeerk on Wikipedia... they all look the same to human beings and Yeerks can't see so they could care less themselves... Oh Rei? Fine... I'll use an image of Ziggy from the project N&S 3.0!

Side: Yeerks O_O (Mwah ha ha hah! LET THE FUN BEGIN!)
History: Of whom? Rei or Eltad-1337? Either one has an extensive and well recorded history, generally on the wrong side of their perspective civilizations. Rei has had many run-ins with the law, mostly for theft of food... because when you lack parents and are under the legal work age, it is amazing how difficult the stuff is to get a hold of. Eltad-1337 has other reasons for getting in trouble. In particular, he is clusmy with resisting hosts.... he once had the unfortunate position of surviving the crash of a bug-fighter. Neither one, for various reasons have any close social friends. Both however, are brilliant in two completely different regions of science. Rei in Mathematics and Physics and Eltad-1337 in chemistry and psychology... They both had many other secondary areas of knowledge and as well to boot so Rei-1337 can act like a human being with a duel core processor...

However, somewheres down the road through the means of a small Yeerk Operation on Earth, Rei is introduced to 1337... Henceforth, something surprising results... instead of fighting each other for the control a symbiotic relation between the two formed. The Yeerks could guarantee Rei food as one of their soldiers (it wouldn't help them if their hosts kept falling dead) and Rei provided them with a willing host to do their missions... which were fun for him anyways as long as they weren't "social gatherings"... for these Rei left the social interactions completely up to Eltad-1337, the brilliant psyhcological side that Rei amazingly manifested. One note that Rei didn't like was the fact that the Yeerk's new "Sharing" enrolled him in high-school again without permission... that part he disliked... but he could always leave the social interaction to Eltad-1337 and sit back and sleep in the back of his mind in the mean time... It wasn't ALL bad.

OOC: If my character has a Yeerk in their mind to begin with, what stops them from gaining animorph powers as well >:)... I mean... how could an Andalalite tell?
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri May 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I'll partake aswell. My character will be posted shortly.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 09, 2009 6:04 am

OOC: Pascal, I just checked the Wikipedia entry on minor characters in the books. Tom's dead, so I won't use him. Darn, I forgot that.
OK, here goes. I'm going to do my heroes first, then a villain.
Name: Mike Batson (comic book reference! Batson is the real last name for Captain Marvel's secret identity)
Side: Humans
Hair: Red with a touch of blonde
Race: African-American (in the books, IIRC, the characters were all different races.)
Description: Mike is probably going to be the most mature member of the cast. He is a devout Catholic, in fact his uncle, who is his guardian, is a deacon. (His parents were killed at an early age) They have several Bibles in their house. Mike is an avid comic book fan, thanks to the fact that his cousin (available for play btw!) has a job in a local shop. When he meets the Andalite, he becomes worried, but accepts the task before him with a responsibility that can be compared to Spider-man's (Spider-man and Captain Marvel are his favorite characters). He also tries to teach the Andalite what he knows of Christianity, believing that God created the Andalites as well. He has a pet Rotweiller named Ace, after Batman's dog (remember Batman Beyond?). He is an excellent guitar player and often records himself for a youtube channel. (his channel's RedCheese777)
Rogret-Frugan-Westonili
Race: Andalite
Description: Rogret (or Rog to the humans) is a female Andalite who comes to Earth upon hearing of a Yeerk invasion. She meets the humans purely by chance, but unlike the previous invasion, she doesn't die. Instead she stays on, using a human form for cover. She is even allowed to stay with Mike's family! She is a good friend of Ax (from the books) and has his journals, which he used to record all his experiences. She uses these to learn how to coexist with the humans. Her human form is the same gender as herself and has the following description:
Hair: black
Eyes: Green
Skin: light tan
Age: appears to be 20, but in Andalite years, she may be older.
The villain will show up later.
And it's later, so here's our villain:
George Reynolds
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Caucasian
George has the Controller Stall-4577 inside him and is a man with a not-so-impeccable past. He once ran a shady campaign for governor and thinks that cooperating with the Yeerks will get him the power he craves.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 13, 2009 6:05 am

OK, folks, I've changed things up. Now we're in the timeline of the books, starting with the end of the David trilogy. Which means book characters are available. I'm taking Jake.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying