The Island of Secrets

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Island of Secrets

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:21 am

People have gathered from all over the world to search for the long lost treasure that is said to give a person anything and everything they ask for. The texts that tell of this treasure say that it is found somewhere on an unknown island off the coast of Japan...The last thing the world sees of these people are the ship that is to take them to the far-off island. People call it Happiness Island, for they believe the island will bring much happiness to the person who finds the treasure.

However...Once at the island, the treasure hunters are left with no way of leaving it. The ship that brought them there mysteriously disappears in the night. Those left on the island are stuck, and call the island The Island of Secrets, a place where mysteries of all kinds occur.

These people still have one thing in mind: The treasure. They come from all different places, with all different backgrounds and reasons for wanting the treasure.

You get to play these treasure hunters. Please be creative (I need to stress this point. I don't want a whole bunch of similar people). I'm looking for people of a range of ages, who are all wanting the treasure for very different reasons.

Here's the character sheet:

Name:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:
Other physical traits:

Reason for wanting the treasure: (This can basically include the history, as well)
Personality:

Okay, there it is! This is my first RP :D I really like this story idea, and I thought it would be a fun one to RP.

As for rules, I'd like for you to stick to CAA's rules, of course. Please wait for my approval before entering the RP, and if you have a story idea, PM me. I wouldn't like people going ahead and just taking over the RP with their own storyline. That would not be cool. Also, don't post before I do once it's started. I need to get the first one in, to set the story and all. Thanks! :thumb:

(If something like this is has already been done, please let me know!)

I'll post my character soon. :)
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:28 pm

So joining this. You helped me, now I'll help you.
Name: Jason
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Other physical traits: He's brown-skinned

Reason for wanting the treasure: Jason had it all. That is until his family died. Now, he has no one to turn to. He thinks the treasure will fill the void in his life.
Personality: Jason has a habit of accepting people at face value. He seems naive, but it's because he likes to give people the benefit of the doubt. He wants to see the best in everyone.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Hold up... Why would you be looking for a treasure on an island if you have no way of leaving the island? That kind of defeats the purpose, since the only way to spend the treasure is if you get back to civilization... Is this going to turn out to be some kind of tragedy and then a moral pops up where it says some kind of proverb like "Men blinded by riches shall wander to their own death."? Just wondering.

I mean maybe it could be controlled by a higher power that says that only the person/ people who find the treasure are allowed to leave. And then you have some people looking for the treasure, some people fighting against finding the treasure because everyone else will die if one person finds it. And even still, you have people fighting the higher power hoping to force him so everyone can leave.

It kind of kills the point if you take out the original motive.

I'll probably join later though. I'm a bum these days.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I can't tell you what happens, Strafe. ^___^ The ship disappears without the people knowing why. I'm not going to decide how the different RPers react to the ship going missing unexplainably, but the treasure is said to give 'anything and everything'. That could include a way home....possibly.

Buuut, I'm not going to reveal everything that happens, or why it happens. The people are stuck-whether they want to be or not. They don't have to look for the treasure after they get stuck, although, they wanted to find it, which is why they wanted to go to the island in the first place...

Anyhow, it's completely up to you whether you join or not.
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

Anystazya

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Oh yeah! An rpg by Miss Anystazya! How could I possibly say no?

Name: Dr. Jack Pemberly
Hair Colour: black with salt and pepper throughout
Eye Colour: brown
Other physical traits: wearing round-bifocals, has a beard,dressed like a traditional English explorer (he's a Brit), has a slight limp in his left leg.

Reason for wanting the treasure: Dr. Pemberly has been researching treatment for a curious disease that his wife has, Lexingmans ( a condition where the body goes into hybernation with extreme health risks...it's made up of course). His patrons have withdrew their funds, and he has come to the island to get the money needed to save his wife.
Personality: Jack is very chilvarious, devoted, self-confident, and kind-hearted. His fallbacks are his temper when finally angered and his soft-spokeness that tend to get him tred all over.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:53 pm

OK. Well I'll join since im a bum.

Name: Takeshi Kawabata

Hair Colour: Black

Eye Colour: Black

Other physical traits: glasses

Reason for wanting the treasure: When he was a child, His father was shot by a strange man, with the connection to the Paradise Island. In his dying moments, Takeshi spoke to him, and learned of a mysterious map. Many years later, he grew up, graduated from high school a year early and still had the moment burned into his mind. Thus he set off to the island to uncover the secrets behind his father's murder, and find the treasure while he's at it.

Personality: He is a serious, and heavily practical guy. He was near the top of his class, and had good studying skills, and knows how to read maps. However, he is not humorless and is very sociable. When business comes about, meaning about his father, he will not play around.
Strafe

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Great characters, everybody! They're all accepted!

Strafe, I'm assuming the map you're talking about is different than the ones that were found by the people who invited anybody in the world to try find the treasure...Because...yeah. Still, your character seems interesting. And remember, if you have any story ideas that will affect the entire plot, feel free PM me.

Now, for my character:

Name: Nelly Keyten
Hair Colour: Brown-blond
Eye Colour: Green
Other physical traits: Sometimes, looks older than she is. She isn't girly, but wears clothes that are good-looking, along with t-shirts and shorts. She's European, with rich-ish parents.

Reason for wanting the treasure: Her parents don't believe in her. They think she's still a little kid who needs protection and looking-after. She ran away from home to try and find the treasure, so she can prove it to them that she's perfectly capable and not a little kid.
Personality: Feisty, and doesn't like being underestimated because of her age.

Also, you may create more than one character if you want :3

Anystazya

Postby Strafe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:40 pm

I guess so lol. Its a special map that apparently means something I guess. It would be stupid if everybody else had it. Haven't worked it out, though. Impromptu characters are always a small struggle.
Strafe

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:42 pm

^^ That's fine. I was assuming it was something to do with his family and all, not the ones that prompted the whole treasure hunting thing.

Anystazya

Postby Gelka » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:22 am

ooh Any I wanna join! I'll have to create my character a bit later though. ^^
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Anystazya » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 am

Yay, Gelka! ^^ It's fine; there's no rush. :)

Anystazya

Postby Strafe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 am

Oh hi Gelka. lol I talked to you in Chat before, remember?
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Yay!

Name: George Barrymore
Hair Colour: Black with iron grey at the temples
Eye Colour: Brown
Other physical traits: Very handsome even at his older age.
Reason for wanting the treasure: His corporation is dying in the recession, and he needs large sums of money to support his son's cancer treatments.
Personality: Forceful and pragmatic. He is a CEO and you will remember that. Accustomed to command. However, he has a sensitive side, but he just doesn't show it much.
Lady Kenshin

Postby Gelka » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Ello Strafe. ^^ Yup I remember.

Lol, Any this is like a cross between One Piece and Harvest Moon. ^^

Anyways, here's my character!

Name: Rin
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Teal
Other physical traits: She has a bell shaped birth mark on the back of her neck.
she looks like this --> http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/T/TE/TEL/telekinesis11/1130498211_turesBlank.jpg
Reason for wanting the treasure: Her grandmother has raised her since she was 3 years old, however she recently had and accident and is unemployed. Rin hopes to find the treasure so that they can once again live in peace.
Personality: She's quite outgoing. But, she can also be very understanding.
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

Gelka

Postby Anystazya » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Yay! Gelka and Lady K, you're both accepted :3 Gelka, do you call all of your RP characters Rin? :lol:

I've actually never really watched One Piece, and neither have I watched/played Harvest Moon \o.o/ lol

I'm going to submit the RP right away, so...yup :D

Anystazya

Postby Gelka » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Maybe......>.>

Gelka

Postby goldenspines » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:45 pm

goldenspines

Postby Gelka » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:21 am

Um, I can't view the RPG thread......o.o

Gelka

Postby Anystazya » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:25 am

Just go to the Main Roleplay forum, and then click on 'The Island of Secrets'. (The link goldy gave didnt' work for me, either, but it still works in Main Roleplay)

Anystazya

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:00 am

Gelka (post: 1327889) wrote:Um, I can't view the RPG thread......o.o

Sorry, that was my bad. I copied the url wrong. It should work now. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Anystazya » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks, goldy ^^

If there is anybody else that wants to join, feel free to do so...the people right here won't be the only ones going to the island, so if you want to join after the RP has gotten to the point where they're at the island, we can just pretend that they've been there all along...just nobody talked to them. XD For now, those who are already in the RP can just interact with those already playing. Keep in mind that there has to be some sort of crew with the ship, and I want to include camera people who are to tape the ordeal. :)

Anystazya

Postby Anystazya » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:16 am

Now, I'm going to make one of those camera people :) Because I want to XD

Name: Zack Westin
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Other physical traits: He's Caucasian, and always carries around his camera.

Reason for wanting the treasure: Zack just wanted to film the thing. He thought it would be one heck of an experience, but he's already content with his life...or so he thinks.
Personality: Zack is outgoing and friendly, and loves his camera. He's curious about new and exciting things.

There we are. :D I'll introduce him in my next post.

Anystazya

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying