United

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 am

Streyvash
Strey listened to Umia make her case, turning it over in his head. "I see. Well, like I said, I can find someone else to do it. And if you need me, I'll be in the Galdorian borderlands with Mel; I found this map to an old fo- ...Are you feeling all right? Is there something wrong?" She seemed focused on something else, something big; probably none of his business. Then again, she was his student, so everything she did could reflect back on him. Plus, she had mentioned Alvar...maybe. He could've misheard, but if he didn't... That one was a bad seed, and there was a reason he was banished, even if he was her brother.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Wikiwalker » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:29 am

OOC: There are two donkeys, Nero and Oren, XD it's not that important though.

Wyn and Dominick

Wyn didn't sleep well that night. His clothes were wet through and supper had been very small. He tossed and turned trying to ignore the sounds of the night animals that filled the forest. Instead of truly sleeping he just lay with his eyes closed in a trance-like state.

It must have been five in the morning when he suddenly realized that there was someone sitting by the fire and it wasn't Dominick.

He became fully awake immediately, but he kept his eyes closed and breathed carefully so as not to alert the intruder. He shifted in his bed roll and slipped his hand around the hilt of the long knife underneath the bundle of more valuable wares he used as a pillow, and slowly he sat up holding the knife so that it was hidden underneath his blanket. Why didn't the donkey's make any noise?

His eyes met the eyes of the intruder across the fire. It was a man, maybe around the same age as Dominick and him. He had very short hair and was dressed like some kind of soldier. The stranger was sitting near Dominick's bed roll. Dominick's bed roll was very still. Wyn felt a cold chill rush through his entire body. If Dominick is hurt I'll--but his thought was interrupted by a slight stirring in Dominick's bed roll. Wyn now knew that Dominick was awake and waiting for him or the stranger to make a move.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:47 am

Svein pulled his hood over his head as Athenia drew near to the capital city. After all, there might be wanted posters in the city of him. Once he entered the city he made a direct path to his friend Arturious's house. Arturious was an owner of the one of the stables in the capital city.

"My good friend Svein how are you this fine day?" Arturious tipped his cap to Svein.

"Shhh not so loud Arturious the guards might hear you. I am doing quite well but unfortunatley I have little time to chat. I have a favor to ask of you, will you take Athenia?"

Arturious shrugged, "Sure why not?"

"No I mean, I want you to keep her. I'll be getting a new mount soon and I wanted to make sure Athenia gets a good home."

Arturious scratched his head, "Well all right then. Can't think what mount would be better than a Komodo dragon though," he grumbled. Suddenly, his eyes grew wide, "You don't mean you're going to try to..."

"Yup," Svein answered without hesistation.

"You can't be serious. That's insanity, that's suicide!"

"No need to fear, I have a plan. See ya Arturious!" Svein left before Arturious could raise another objection.

Svein forced his way through the crowds in the marketplace and effectively ignored all of the salesmen looking to make a buck off Svein's hard earned cash.

Within a short period of time, he reached the castle grounds. With its formidable gate and vigilant guards, breaking in would seem almost impossible. But Svein knew a way around those barriers. After all he had been to this castle before when he was still a nobel. He had learned a few secrets.

He skirted his way around the various guards posted around the castle. Then when he got close enough he dived into the moat. He let the slow current of the moat carry him along. He kept his hands up against the walls of the moat, applying constant pressure. Eventually one of the stones in the moat wall began to shift slightly. It was loose! Svein pushed against it until it fell down, revealing a passage. Svein's limber and lean body easily fit into the passageway. He crawled until he reached a dead end. There was only a small wooden door directly beneath him. Using his right hand he knocked the door open. A few feet below the door lay a wooden platform. Svein shifted his body so that his feet were pointing towards the exit and smoothly landed onto the platform. He surveyed his surroundings. He was on the second floor of the guest room. A staircase swirled its way downward to an illustrious bed adorned with a purple bedspread. Pots filled with exotic plants were set at the four corners of the room. Up on the top floor, many tables and chairs were set up which could be used to play a game of cards or have a party.

Svein shook the water out of his hair and made his way down the stairs. He had no time to examine the foolish extravagance of royalty. He had a mission to complete.
Yamamaya

Postby Vega » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 am

-Alvar-

He sqatted low behind some bushes.He quietly stalked his prey. Small sweat droplets formed, and ran down his forehead. Alvars eyes peirced deep in focus. He then suddenly hurled a poison tipped spear into the side of the large rodent killing it instantly! This would serve as his meal for the night.
A bit later,as the food was cooking in the fire he lay beside it. He looked up into the dark sky,dreaming....his mind,wandering. He thought of the life he had before. Careless and free. He cared for his sister back then. Umia, how much she must have grown so much this past year. Oh how he wished to just see her one more time. It had felt like ages since ge'd laid eyes on his sister.

Those thoughts remained so distant though. He was a fugitive now. A man forced to live a life of nomadic solituide. A laborious life he would have to endure for the rest of his day. All this because of an escalated quarrel and him being a victim of unfortunate circumstances.

When morning arrived he gathered his supplies and weapons and thus continued his never-ending trek yet again.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Lynna » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 pm

OOC: Vega, Alvar was banished only one year ago. If you want to make it longer, can you please tell me how long exactly? :S
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 pm

OOC: Yamamaya Just a minor warning. We wana try and make this for all ages if possible. So if you could make you descriptions just a bit less detailed about how blood pours out of a man's wounds then that would be preffered.

However that said I like the style of your writing. Just keep the blood and mild gore out if you can please ^_^

Hetharu---Rio wrote:"You would do best to chose the. . . people you associate with better, young man," he said, directing his words to Richard though his eyes never left the little girl. And with that, he merely left, not even caring to hear any words from either of the two.

In the silence that followed, Riona's chest tightened in pain as she looked down at the ground. She felt her eyes burn as her vision blurred a little with the tears that bubbled in them. Rarely did she cry, but then rarely were people all that harsh. Most just stared and never got close to her, or if they had to talk to her, be as brief as possible and save the hateful name-calling for when she was gone and talk behind her back. But being practically spat at right in the face?

She could only out the little sound of a whimper as she buried her face into Richard's pants leg. Her hands gripped onto the woven material as the tears bubbled over, soaking through his pants.

--Richard--

Richard was silent with disgust. He wanted to say so much but his anger prevented him. He feared he would verbally destroy him if he started to speak. He had feared this day would come. Yet he hoped it would not. All he could do was stand there with a scowel on his face thinking of all the things he could say if only he could speak.

As the man walked out with his horse he relaxed a bit. He looked down at Rio and saw that she was begining to cry. She grabbed hold of him and he knelt down and embraced her "hey, hey" he said in a quiet soothing voice, "Don't listen to him." He hugged her for some time while she cried.
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Hetharu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Riona

As Riona let out silent sobs, she heard Richard try to comfort her, feeling him kneel more to her level and hug her. Yet it only made her cry harder, reaching up to wipe away the tears only for them to be replaced by more.

"I. . . I d-didn't d-do. . . a-an-nyth-thing wr-wrong. . ." she stuttered out in between cries, partially muffled by his clothes.

At least, that's what she thought anyway. Over the years, despite the looks she got from people, she'd never gotten a clear reason as to why. All the time she had only assumed that people -- apparently quite a lot of people -- didn't like her. Any time anyone said anything rude to her, she just always figured she'd done something to make them angry. But really, she couldn't figure out what she'd done this time; she only pet the horse and gave it treats. Wasn't that a good thing?

"Wh-What'd I d-d-do?" she asked, looking up towards Richard for an answer and comfort, though his face was blurry through her eyes. To know what she did wrong so she wouldn't do it again, or that maybe she didn't do anything wrong and that man had just been in a cranky mood. Just something to get rid of the painful feeling in her chest.

[SIZE="1"][[ooc: Tried to keep the part short but for the life of me I am not capable of writing just a few lines. TuT;; Sorreh. Tried to type fast though. N your part was fine btw.]][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="2"][color="Red"]I can't[/color][color="Orange"] whistle, so[/color][color="Yellow"] I just say[/color][color="Lime"] the words[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] "wheet-whoo".[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]
- Fai D. Flourite[/color][/SIZE]
Hetharu

Location: In the Land of Rainbows, beyond Unicorn Mountain in Marshmallow Woods~ ಡಿωಡ&#

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Hetharu (post: 1407485) wrote:Riona
As Riona let out silent sobs, she heard Richard try to comfort her, feeling him kneel more to her level and hug her. Yet it only made her cry harder, reaching up to wipe away the tears only for them to be replaced by more.

"I. . . I d-didn't d-do. . . a-an-nyth-thing wr-wrong. . ." she stuttered out in between cries, partially muffled by his clothes.

At least, that's what she thought anyway. Over the years, despite the looks she got from people, she'd never gotten a clear reason as to why. All the time she had only assumed that people -- apparently quite a lot of people -- didn't like her. Any time anyone said anything rude to her, she just always figured she'd done something to make them angry. But really, she couldn't figure out what she'd done this time]
When Richard heard her ask this, his heart dropped; he had hoped she wouldn't ask at all. He pulled out of the hug and looked her in the eyes while resting both his hands on her shoulders. "People like him are bad people. They look at what you are and not who you are."

Hetharu wrote:[SIZE="1"][[ooc: Tried to keep the part short but for the life of me I am not capable of writing just a few lines. TuT]][/SIZE]
OOC: No problem. It was plenty short... any shorter and it wouldn't have been as good.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Hetharu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Riona

Feeling Richard move away from her and his hands on her shoulders, steadying her, she looked up at him while rubbing her eyes. She heard the words he spoke, though they made her pause, blinking back tears that were already slowing.

"Wh-What. . . ?" A look of confusion crossed her face as she tried to understand what he said, but it didn't make any sense to her.

The past few years living at the orphanage and staying around Richard as much as possible, sheltered from things that would otherwise taint the innocence and blissful ignorance she held. And before that . . . well, truth be told, though she never said anything of it, her memory of her life before that was blurry. Only bits and pieces remained, like her parent's voices, places they might have been, small things. Though most she could not remember, or, at the most, only get a seeming familiar feeling, though there were none now.

"Wh-. . . What am I. . .?" she asked, blurting out questions in utter confusion, "A-Am I bad? What'd I d-do? I don't get it . . ."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="2"][color="Red"]I can't[/color][color="Orange"] whistle, so[/color][color="Yellow"] I just say[/color][color="Lime"] the words[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] "wheet-whoo".[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]
Hetharu

Location: In the Land of Rainbows, beyond Unicorn Mountain in Marshmallow Woods~ ಡಿωಡ&#

Postby Lynna » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 pm

[quote="Davidizer13 (post: 1407344)"]Streyvash
Strey listened to Umia make her case, turning it over in his head. "I see. Well, like I said, I can find someone else to do it. And if you need me, I'll be in the Galdorian borderlands with Mel]

"Don't worry! I'm fine! I just wish they would give me my travelling privalages back (I didn't do anything wrong) But I'm sure they'll let me go this time!" she said, as cheerfully as possible "Don't worry---I'll be sure to study while I'm on vacation! Is there anything else I need to know?"
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 pm

OOC: Gah, and I was trying to be carefull! Apparently Phox can't count well... XD

Phox
Phox found himself staring across the fire into the eyes of one of his unsuspecting hosts. By his demeanor, Phox realized the man was armed, and ready to use his weapon if nescessary. The best course of action in that situation, is to let the other man know it won't be nescessary as soon as possible.
"Mornin'," Phox said as courteously as he could. "I was traveling by and caught wind of your fire, so I stopped in to warm myself. I hope you don't mind. The name's Phox." The man hadn't been sleeping well, if you could call it sleeping proper at all. With this in mind, Phox gave only the nescessary info, waiting for the man to respond in his own time. There was a brief silence in which the second donkey snored a rather loud snore, much like the one that had scared Phox half to death a moment before he realized there were actuallytwo donkeys.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 pm

OOC: Hey guys, sorry I'm late to the party! Lots of people seem to have their parts going on one particular day, but this scene happens at night, so let's say it happened the night before this whole thing started, or the night after. Sorry for any inconvenience. Also, sorry in advance that it's such a long post. I was able to shorten it some...At least the paragraphs are short, right? :sweat:

EDIT: This happened the night before TG's original post.

---Rahn---

Rahn sat and surveyed the campsite. Half a dozen kids - all aged twelve or younger- lay around the fire, sleeping soundly. He leaned back against a tree, watching the fire. This was the last night of the hunting trip. If his twin didn’t show up soon, he’d just have to give up on seeing her this time.

“Not asleep yet?â€
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Wikiwalker » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1407542) wrote:OOC: Gah, and I was trying to be carefull! Apparently Phox can't count well... XD

Phox
Phox found himself staring across the fire into the eyes of one of his unsuspecting hosts. By his demeanor, Phox realized the man was armed, and ready to use his weapon if nescessary. The best course of action in that situation, is to let the other man know it won't be nescessary as soon as possible.
"Mornin'," Phox said as courteously as he could. "I was traveling by and caught wind of your fire, so I stopped in to warm myself. I hope you don't mind. The name's Phox." The man hadn't been sleeping well, if you could call it sleeping proper at all. With this in mind, Phox gave only the nescessary info, waiting for the man to respond in his own time. There was a brief silence in which the second donkey snored a rather loud snore, much like the one that had scared Phox half to death a moment before he realized there were actuallytwo donkeys.

OOC: XD the last part about the donkeys ROFL.

Dominick

Dominick held very still under his blankets. He held his knife and very slowly and silently removed it from it's sheath, while carefully regulating his breathing so as not to alert the intruder to the fact that he was awake. "Mornin'" he heard the stranger say. "I was traveling by and caught wind of your fire, so I stopped in to warm myself. I hope you don't mind. The name's Phox." Dominick peeked carefully from underneath his blankets with one eye. He could see Wyn's left hand. If Wyn pulled out his paper tablet with his right hand--the one that held the knife--all was well, but if Wyn pulled it out with his left hand--his free hand--Dominick should wait for further instruction. Dominick held his position and waited for Wyn to signal before he made a move.

Wyn

Wyn scrutinized the man across the campfire. He was wearing armor, but it was all cheap or cast-off looking. Wyn doubted the stranger could take both him and Dominick at the same time. He touched the pouch around his neck with his left hand, and then let go of his knife and removed the tablet from the pouch with his right hand. Stay on your guard, but don't be rude about it. He hoped Dominick could see his signal.

He also took a piece of charcoal, wrapped tightly in several layers of paper, from his pouch and wrote on the tablet: It is a lovely morning, my name is Wyn. The sleeping one is my younger brother, Dominick.

He tore the top piece of paper off and offered it to the stranger.

When the stranger took the piece of paper Wyn picked a small rock from the ground beside him and tossed it into the middle of Dominick's bedroll; this was to give the illusion that Dominick had been sleeping the whole time, and to signal to Dominick that it was alright for him to get up now.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 pm

[quote="Hetharu (post: 1407319)"]Luan & Xiuhcoatl

As soon as Luciannica gave a nod and started off, Luan followed right along with her couple steps behind, giving her space yet keeping close enough. No words were spoken, though none need be, Luan already having been informed of what would take place that day and the meeting he would be escorting Lucia to, though maybe not the specific details of what would be discussed there.

Outside, the weather had eased only slightly, the heavy rain lessening to a light drizzle, though it hadn't mattered. The dragon stables not that far in the first place, it didn't take long for them to come into view. Though the silence between the two was broken as he heard Luciannica's comment, glancing over towards her as she smiled and stopped just outside the stables.

". . . You will have to forgive me. . ." he started off after a moment of silence, "I wasn't aware there was anything to speak of. . ."

Lies]

--Luciannica--
Lucia expected such an answer from Luan, and she was prepared to say more to him, but he went inside before she could say another word. She followed behind him. Lucia watched as Luan greeted Xiuhcoatl, and smiled. They were such great friends, Xiuhcoatl and Luan... She envied them in a way. Her and Luan used to be so close, but Luan had built up a wall to her, and Lucia lost that great connection she had had with him. She looked down, I wish things were as they used to be... she thought. Luan... Her heart ached for him, for she knew his pain he was still suffering from in his heart, and it pained her just as much to see her beloved friend like that.

After a few moments deep in thought, Lucia's trance was awakened when Xiuhcoatl greeted her. She smiled and returned with a short nod.

Lucia then went to see Sirus, who had just recently woken up. Lucia chuckled. "Silly," she said as she ran her hands along Sirus' smooth, silvery nose. "Hello!" said the cheery dragon(telepathically) with a happy snort. Sirus was always happy to see her. The two had become such good friends in the short time they had known each other.

*EDIT* ooc: never mind, the post is fine. XD
Ella Edric

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Svein crept his way though the castle corridors. He swore as he made his way through. He didn't recall the castle being this maze like. "Where is that dragon stable?"

As he went by a coridor he spotted a shadow out of the corner of his eye. His head turned 90 degrees but he didn't see anything. Shrugging he continued to make his way through the castle. Eventually he came to a gargantuan hall. The royal symbol of a dragon adorned the walls. Svein scratched his head in thought.

Eventually he finally found the way out to the dragon keep. He saw a striking elven girl with red hair petting her dragon. Svein creeped closer. As his eyes scanned the surroudings he caught sight of a figure garbed in black. The figure brought a small blower up to his mouth. His instincts kicking in, Svein broke into a run. The dart flew through the air and stuck into the dragon's neck. The dragon moaned before loosing consciousness. That drug wouldn't last long but it would give the assassin enough time to kill the girl. The assassin began to sprint towards the girl, with a dagger in his hand. Svein reached the assassin in the middle of his dash. With a mightly leap he crashed into the assassin, tackling him to the ground. They both fell to the ground. Svein began to struggle with the man. With a kick, the assassin sent Svein flying off of his body. Svein and the assassin were back on their feet in seconds. Svein got a chance to look at the man. He had the insignia of a phoenix on his black tunic.

"So it's them," Svein muttered.

"Die infidel!" the man screamed and came charging at Svein. Svein drew his broad sword and deflected the man's slashing attack. They began to fight each other, each one slashing, stabbing, and dodging. The assassin attempt to cut Svein's throat. Svein ducked underneath the swipe and followed up with a stab. The blade thrust through the assassin's belly ending his life.

Svein sighed as he saw the body slip to the ground. He never had liked the sight of blood. He turned around to face the girl. "Oh great. How am I going to explain this," he thought to himself.

"Uhhhh, are you okay?" he inquired.

OOC: I forgot Luan was there as well. So I'll wait for his reaction before I post again.
Yamamaya

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 am

OOC: @FllMtl Novelist It should happen the night before. Just because a lot is gonna happen tomorrow (in RPG time)

Hetharu---Rio wrote:Riona

Feeling Richard move away from her and his hands on her shoulders, steadying her, she looked up at him while rubbing her eyes. She heard the words he spoke, though they made her pause, blinking back tears that were already slowing.

"Wh-What. . . ?" A look of confusion crossed her face as she tried to understand what he said, but it didn't make any sense to her.

The past few years living at the orphanage and staying around Richard as much as possible, sheltered from things that would otherwise taint the innocence and blissful ignorance she held. And before that . . . well, truth be told, though she never said anything of it, her memory of her life before that was blurry. Only bits and pieces remained, like her parent's voices, places they might have been, small things. Though most she could not remember, or, at the most, only get a seeming familiar feeling, though there were none now.

"Wh-. . . What am I. . .?" she asked, blurting out questions in utter confusion, "A-Am I bad? What'd I d-do? I don't get it . . ."
"W-Well" stammered Richard, "some people look at you in terms of what you lineage is." Richard saw her look of confusion and continued. "You're half elf, half human, Elfenhuman. A lot of people here dislike you simply because of that; it's called racism. It's not your fault Rio. Do you hear me? You're a sweet wonderful little girl. Don't let them change that about you." Richard hugged her again. "C'mon, lets get you home." He murmured in her ear.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:15 am

Dominick

Dominick held very still under his blankets. He held his knife and very slowly and silently removed it from it's sheath, while carefully regulating his breathing so as not to alert the intruder to the fact that he was awake. "Mornin'" he heard the stranger say. "I was traveling by and caught wind of your fire, so I stopped in to warm myself. I hope you don't mind. The name's Phox." Dominick peeked carefully from underneath his blankets with one eye. He could see Wyn's left hand. If Wyn pulled out his paper tablet with his right hand--the one that held the knife--all was well, but if Wyn pulled it out with his left hand--his free hand--Dominick should wait for further instruction. Dominick held his position and waited for Wyn to signal before he made a move.

Wyn

Wyn scrutinized the man across the campfire. He was wearing armor, but it was all cheap or cast-off looking. Wyn doubted the stranger could take both him and Dominick at the same time. He touched the pouch around his neck with his left hand, and then let go of his knife and removed the tablet from the pouch with his right hand. Stay on your guard, but don't be rude about it. He hoped Dominick could see his signal.

He also took a piece of charcoal, wrapped tightly in several layers of paper, from his pouch and wrote on the tablet: It is a lovely morning, my name is Wyn. The sleeping one is my younger brother, Dominick.

He tore the top piece of paper off and offered it to the stranger.

When the stranger took the piece of paper Wyn picked a small rock from the ground beside him and tossed it into the middle of Dominick's bedroll; this was to give the illusion that Dominick had been sleeping the whole time, and to signal to Dominick that it was alright for him to get up now.

OOC: Cheap or second hand looking? Haha, that made me laugh. Phox made all of his equiptment, with exception of his swords, but yeah, that discription fits. XD

Phox

Puzzled a little at first, Phox took the piece of paper and began to read. He hadn't read anything in a very long time, but luckily he didn't forget skills very easily. After reading through the messege, Phox smiled.
"If this is a lovely morning, I'd hate to see what a bad one's like! When the sun comes out it'll make a world of difference though. Hmm, Wyn and Dominick? Nice to meet you." Phox stretched, feeling the toll yesterday's sprint had played on his legs. "Must be nice having good names like that. My parents were a little nuts." Phox chuckled at this last bit.
The second man, Dominick, stretched and began to get out of his bedroll. Phox got up too, making sure he wasn't in the way of their morning routines.
"If you don't mind me asking, what brings you two out here?" Phox had a guess, but he hadn't forgotten what had led him to these two yesterday night. They might know something, and since the wind was contrary of what it was last night, any info at all might help.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Wikiwalker » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1407765) wrote:OOC: Cheap or second hand looking? Haha, that made me laugh. Phox made all of his equiptment, with exception of his swords, but yeah, that discription fits. XD

Phox

Puzzled a little at first, Phox took the piece of paper and began to read. He hadn't read anything in a very long time, but luckily he didn't forget skills very easily. After reading through the messege, Phox smiled.
"If this is a lovely morning, I'd hate to see what a bad one's like! When the sun comes out it'll make a world of difference though. Hmm, Wyn and Dominick? Nice to meet you." Phox stretched, feeling the toll yesterday's sprint had played on his legs. "Must be nice having good names like that. My parents were a little nuts." Phox chuckled at this last bit.
The second man, Dominick, stretched and began to get out of his bedroll. Phox got up too, making sure he wasn't in the way of their morning routines.
"If you don't mind me asking, what brings you two out here?" Phox had a guess, but he hadn't forgotten what had led him to these two yesterday night. They might know something, and since the wind was contrary of what it was last night, any info at all might help.

Dominick

Dominick rolled himself out of bed, stretched, and blinked in confusion at the stranger, Phox. He thought he made a good show about not knowing who it was, but Wyn gave him signals to act casually.

"If you don't mind me asking, what brings you two out here?"

Wyn waved for Dominick to answer.

"We're Peddlers, taking a new route." Dominick said bluntly. "And before you ask: my brother can't talk, he lost his voice a long time ago. His hair is gray just because it is, I'm not a kid, don't call me kid (in case you were planning on it), I'm twenty-four. Now, I'm going to start loading the donkeys, the sun is coming up." And without waiting for an answer or even a reaction to his spiel he turned and walked briskly towards where the donkeys were staked. As he walked he tried to quell his annoyance. He didn't like strangers in general but at least when he was selling things to people he knew their intentions, they wanted a pot, a spoon, a knife, or whatever trinket, and they wanted it for a low price. Now he had no idea what this Phox person wanted, he was just here in his and Wyn's camp looking very relaxed like he owned the place.

It's our camp, he should at least look a little less at home.

Wyn

It was very rare that Wyn ever really wished he could speak; this was one of those occasions. After Dominick's blunt declaration Wyn wrote on his tablet: Don't mind him, he's kind of rude and stupid.

He offered the paper to Phox.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Wikiwalker

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Streyvash
"No, no, that's all for today. However, if you need anything, I'll be in town for a couple more days. Come to me if anything comes up, or to Mel; she can help you too, all right?" He stood up and walked over to one of the shelves of books with the tome they had been reading from. "...Here we are, Treatise of the Sepparian Races, volume 6...7...8...there! So, ah, what kinds of things are you planning on doing on this vacation?"
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Lynna » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:17 am

Davidizer13 (post: 1407923) wrote:Streyvash
"No, no, that's all for today. However, if you need anything, I'll be in town for a couple more days. Come to me if anything comes up, or to Mel]...Here we are, Treatise of the Sepparian Races, volume 6...7...8...there![/I] So, ah, what kinds of things are you planning on doing on this vacation?"

"As I said: I want to visit my friends in the arach tribe" Umia replied "I haven't seen them since brother left, so I'm hoping I'll be able to go. But if that doesn't work, I want to visit another friend of mine from inside the Okeanus who lives near the border of Galdor"
'but I won't be staying here' she thought 'not forever'
Lynna

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 am

[quote="Wikiwalker (post: 1407896)"]Dominick

Dominick rolled himself out of bed, stretched, and blinked in confusion at the stranger, Phox. He thought he made a good show about not knowing who it was, but Wyn gave him signals to act casually.

"If you don't mind me asking, what brings you two out here?"

Wyn waved for Dominick to answer.

"We're Peddlers, taking a new route." Dominick said bluntly. "And before you ask: my brother can't talk, he lost his voice a long time ago. His hair is gray just because it is, I'm not a kid, don't call me kid (in case you were planning on it), I'm twenty-four. Now, I'm going to start loading the donkeys, the sun is coming up." And without waiting for an answer or even a reaction to his spiel he turned and walked briskly towards where the donkeys were staked. As he walked he tried to quell his annoyance. He didn't like strangers in general but at least when he was selling things to people he knew their intentions, they wanted a pot, a spoon, a knife, or whatever trinket, and they wanted it for a low price. Now he had no idea what this Phox person wanted, he was just here in his and Wyn's camp looking very relaxed like he owned the place.

It's our camp, he should at least look a little less at home.

Wyn

It was very rare that Wyn ever really wished he could speak]

Phox
Phox read the messege and smiled. "Well, no wonder we don't get along, were too much alike!" Phox adjusted his position so he could see both brothers. The courtesies had been played out, and he knew he was wearing out his welcome with one of them already. It was time for business, and as he spoke, his voice was quieter, and despite his best effort, a little grave as well.

"Hey, Wyn, you wouldn't have come across anything strange recently, would you? I came across your camp because I was following a bad scent I picked up early yesterday. I just can't shake the feeling that something is horribly wrong."

Phox studied both brothers. He knew Dominick had been listening in, and he watched for their physical responses. Phox hated distrusting people. His travels, though, had taught him that strangers can not be trusted. For all he knew, these two could have had a hand in whatever was wrong. He didn't forget, though, that he was a stranger to them as much as they were to him, so he made no move towards his swords, and did as few suspicious movements as possible.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Hetharu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Luan & Xiuhcoatl

Luan, as he saddled Xiuhcoatl up for a ride, glanced over his shoulder just slightly at Luciannica, seeing her greeting her own dragon. Though he didn't look long as he merely looked back to what he was doing, not want to be caught staring at her.

Suddenly, he sensed something amiss, certain that he heard something a ways away and slowly turning his head a fraction to glance in the direction. A figure clad in black entered his field of vision and instantly he tensed up. He slid his hand into a small hidden fold of his clothes where he kept one of the daggers, never resorting to either of the double swords strapped to his back unless he had to.

Xiuhcoatl, also aware of an intruder and of Luan's tense atmosphere, tensed up as well, the spines that lined her head and partially down her neck as well as a portion of her tail sliding up, usually pressed close to her body. She, too, noticed the dark figure, though her eyes also caught sight of another where Luan could not see, that being his blind side. A low rumbled emerged from within her chest as her defensive nature took over.

Luan, hearing Xiuhcoatl's growl, glanced to where his dragon was looking to see another runing up upon the scene. But that small glance was a mistake; the next thing he heard was the hollow sound of something flying through the air followed by the groan and a thud that made the ground tremble slightly. He didn't have to look to know what it was.

Within second he was by Luciannica's side, putting himself in a position between her and the two others that had now started to fight among themselves. He didn't dare to butt in, actually rather hoping they might just kill each other, knowing one was undoubtedly out for Lucia and the other . . . well, he couldn't have cared less.

In the same way that Luan put himself in front of Luciannica, Xiuhcoatl put herself between both them and the two that were struggling together. She'd taken a glance at Sirus to see him unconscious, though other priorities came first.

The scuffle seemed to only last a few moments before the figure clad in black went down. And then after that, there was a silence before the stranger attempted to inquire of whether Luciannica was alright or not. Though it was apparant he'd jumped in to save her, he was still a stranger, Luan not ever having seen him around these parts. He remained between Luciannica and the other, and Xiuhcoatl in front and slightly off to the side of him, not taking taking his sights off of the other man, though at the very least allowed Luciannica to answer for herself, worried for her state as well, though it didn't show.

Riona

Riona listened to each word that Richard spoke, though all either confused her more or made her feel worse. She somewhat understood what he was saying, of how some disliked others for what race they were. . . but why? She didn't get it.

She could only give a small nod when he suggested that they go back. She kept her arms around his neck, a silent request to be carried back. Though her tears had slowed down to a near stop, she didn't quite chipper up as quickly as usual. She was actually silent for some time, lost in her own mind before turning to look at Richard again a while later.

"You. . . don't hate me. . .?"

Though she asked that, it was pretty obvious that, rather than asking whether he hated her or not, she wanted to know why he didn't hate her like everyone else did. After all it was obvious that he liked her, at least now, even if he happened to dislike her in the past.

[[ooc: Sorry for the dely of my part(s). xD But I gots them theres~ Sorry if they seem awkward too; been a bit hectic since yesterday. =u=;; And I wasn't aware that a flimsy lil dart could go through a dragon's hide. :'D Lol~ Least that's what I'd heard. Can edit the post later if need be.]]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hetharu

Postby Ella Edric » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Hetharu (post: 1408079) wrote:Luan & Xiuhcoatl

Luan, as he saddled Xiuhcoatl up for a ride, glanced over his shoulder just slightly at Luciannica, seeing her greeting her own dragon. Though he didn't look long as he merely looked back to what he was doing, not want to be caught staring at her.

Suddenly, he sensed something amiss, certain that he heard something a ways away and slowly turning his head a fraction to glance in the direction. A figure clad in black entered his field of vision and instantly he tensed up. He slid his hand into a small hidden fold of his clothes where he kept one of the daggers, never resorting to either of the double swords strapped to his back unless he had to.

Xiuhcoatl, also aware of an intruder and of Luan's tense atmosphere, tensed up as well, the spines that lined her head and partially down her neck as well as a portion of her tail sliding up, usually pressed close to her body. She, too, noticed the dark figure, though her eyes also caught sight of another where Luan could not see, that being his blind side. A low rumbled emerged from within her chest as her defensive nature took over.

Luan, hearing Xiuhcoatl's growl, glanced to where his dragon was looking to see another runing up upon the scene. But that small glance was a mistake]

Yamamaya wrote: Svein crept his way though the castle corridors. He swore as he made his way through. He didn't recall the castle being this maze like. "Where is that dragon stable?"

As he went by a coridor he spotted a shadow out of the corner of his eye. His head turned 90 degrees but he didn't see anything. Shrugging he continued to make his way through the castle. Eventually he came to a gargantuan hall. The royal symbol of a dragon adorned the walls. Svein scratched his head in thought.

Eventually he finally found the way out to the dragon keep. He saw a striking elven girl with red hair petting her dragon. Svein creeped closer. As his eyes scanned the surroudings he caught sight of a figure garbed in black. The figure brought a small blower up to his mouth. His instincts kicking in, Svein broke into a run. The dart flew through the air and stuck into the dragon's neck. The dragon moaned before loosing consciousness. That drug wouldn't last long but it would give the assassin enough time to kill the girl. The assassin began to sprint towards the girl, with a dagger in his hand. Svein reached the assassin in the middle of his dash. With a mightly leap he crashed into the assassin, tackling him to the ground. They both fell to the ground. Svein began to struggle with the man. With a kick, the assassin sent Svein flying off of his body. Svein and the assassin were back on their feet in seconds. Svein got a chance to look at the man. He had the insignia of a phoenix on his black tunic.

"So it's them," Svein muttered.

"Die infidel!" the man screamed and came charging at Svein. Svein drew his broad sword and deflected the man's slashing attack. They began to fight each other, each one slashing, stabbing, and dodging. The assassin attempt to cut Svein's throat. Svein ducked underneath the swipe and followed up with a stab. The blade thrust through the assassin's belly ending his life.

Svein sighed as he saw the body slip to the ground. He never had liked the sight of blood. He turned around to face the girl. "Oh great. How am I going to explain this," he thought to himself.

"Uhhhh, are you okay?" he inquired.

--Luciannica and Sirus--
Luciannica saw Sirus fall and wanted so badly to run to his aid, but Luan wouldn't allow her. Instead, she watched the scene play out between the two unknown men. Luan and Xiuhcoatl stepped in front her her in a defensive position, and she pulled her knife out from a small concielled sheeth that was hidden on a strap on her theigh. When the fight was through, the man asked if she was alright. Lucia held her knife steadily in front of her, still unsure of whether to trust the man. She didn't know what his purpose was. "I am..." she replied. "And just who are you?" Lucia did not mean her question to come out in such a unkind tone.
Ella Edric

Postby Wikiwalker » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1407991) wrote:Phox
Phox read the messege and smiled. "Well, no wonder we don't get along, were too much alike!" Phox adjusted his position so he could see both brothers. The courtesies had been played out, and he knew he was wearing out his welcome with one of them already. It was time for business, and as he spoke, his voice was quieter, and despite his best effort, a little grave as well.

"Hey, Wyn, you wouldn't have come across anything strange recently, would you? I came across your camp because I was following a bad scent I picked up early yesterday. I just can't shake the feeling that something is horribly wrong."

Phox studied both brothers. He knew Dominick had been listening in, and he watched for their physical responses. Phox hated distrusting people. His travels, though, had taught him that strangers can not be trusted. For all he knew, these two could have had a hand in whatever was wrong. He didn't forget, though, that he was a stranger to them as much as they were to him, so he made no move towards his swords, and did as few suspicious movements as possible.

Wyn kept his confusion at Phox's mention of following scents out of his facial expressions. Is this guy a dog? he wondered. Phox's peculiarities had certainly shown up in droves in the first fifteen minutes after Wyn met him: He didn't ask about Wyn's inability to speak (most people's first question, to Dominick's annoyance), he dressed oddly, he talked about bad feelings and scents, and he just had an odd feeling about him. It made Wyn wonder, if all this had already shown up Phox must still be hiding a lot.

No I don't think I've seen anything strange enough to note, Wyn wrote on his tablet, but I have a question for you. We're kind of lost and off route. Do you know where there is a village along this shore somewhere?. He tore the paper off and handed it to Phox.

Dominick

Oren bit Dominick's hand, Dominick shoved the grouchy donkey away while letting out a string of profanities. As usual Oren could make any bad day worse. He glanced back over his shoulder at Wyn and Phox. Wyn caught his eye and signed "Watch your language." Dominick snorted and turned back to getting the donkeys in line.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Wikiwalker

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Svein pointed the tip of his sword at the man standing in front of the fetching woman. "It would have been nice if you'd offered some assistance. Guards these days." He shook his head in mock disgust.

A plan had formulated in his head. It wasn't great but it was all he had. "Milady, this dead man here was part of a fanatical organization that desires the destruction of the Arach government." That much was true. Svein had always held disdain for the red dragons. They were little more than butchers with big egos.

"I've been tracking this particular assassin for many days, trying to see what his target was. He took a secret path into the castle which I followed him through. I apologize for my uninvited welcome. I knew there was a strong possibility this assassin had paid off the guards so I didn't go to the guards. Once again I apologize for my intrusion." Svein had to force himself to say some of those words. There was nothing he hated more than condescending himself to the nobles. Svein wiped the tip of his blade on the ground and slipped it back into its sheath. Svein couldn't help but look at the girl. Most elvish women that he had shown interest in had rejected him the instant they learned he was half human. His human features were not noticeable unless someone took a look at his ears which did not possess the nature point of most elvish ears.
Yamamaya

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Wikiwalker (post: 1408097) wrote:Wyn kept his confusion at Phox's mention of following scents out of his facial expressions. Is this guy a dog? he wondered. Phox's peculiarities had certainly shown up in droves in the first fifteen minutes after Wyn met him: He didn't ask about Wyn's inability to speak (most people's first question, to Dominick's annoyance), he dressed oddly, he talked about bad feelings and scents, and he just had an odd feeling about him. It made Wyn wonder, if all this had already shown up Phox must still be hiding a lot.

No I don't think I've seen anything strange enough to note, Wyn wrote on his tablet, but I have a question for you. We're kind of lost and off route. Do you know where there is a village along this shore somewhere?. He tore the paper off and handed it to Phox.

Dominick

Oren bit Dominick's hand, Dominick shoved the grouchy donkey away while letting out a string of profanities. As usual Oren could make any bad day worse. He glanced back over his shoulder at Wyn and Phox. Wyn caught his eye and signed "Watch your language." Dominick snorted and turned back to getting the donkeys in line.

Phox

"Hmm, well, I didn't see any village along the shore yesterday, but I noticed a cove before I came into the forest. If there is a village nearby it'd be around there. Actually, I'm sure I passed it on my way through the forest, so if you keep heading that way," Phox pointed back in the direction he came from, "you should find it."

Phox walked over to his swords and swung the scabbard onto his back. It was a custom design for carrying two longswords in an "X" across one's back. His Claymore lay directly on his back, and it's hilt was over his right shoulder. The No Dachi crossed over the Claymore, and came out over his left.

"Well, it seems we both intend to travel the same path. Wyn, would you mind if I travelled with you and Dominick? The cove is only a short walk, and if it'll help I can carry a load or two."

As Wyn reached for his writing tablet, Phox reached up and rubbed the back of his head apollogetically. "Haha, I guess I'll owe you a lot of paper by the time this is over."
Rusty Claymore

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 am

--Annissa--

Annissa tossed in the last of her few worldly belongings and sighed. It's almost time.
As the day grew older, her heart tightened. What would she find out there, alone? She'd never actually seen much of the world in her secluded life. No matter. The world is a place where I can not be noticed, she assured herself.
If all goes well, I'll find some kind-hearted merchant who's willing to take me as an apprentice... Annissa frowned, and brushed some hair out of her face. I wonder... do merchants even take apprentices?
After thinking it over for a minute, she shrugged and picked up her bag. No use stalling any longer.

The ever darkening sky closed in on her from all around. She started slowing down her pace, as she realized that she had no idea where she was going. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, after all... She bit her lip, and growled softly. Good idea or not, she wasn't about to turn back now.
Footsteps behind her made her spin in surprise. Only the dark street lay before her. Is someone following me? She spun to check the other way, but nothing lay that way either.
Getting an intense look in her eyes, she held her bag closer to herself. No way am I going to get spooked out here. This was my choice.
All the same, she couldn't keep the feeling away that there were eyes in the shadows, watching her every movement.

OOC: This might be a little too early for this... Oh well :/ I didn't want to risk starting too late >_> Now Richard just needs to be ready :D
[I]“Love crosses all boundaries, and is often shot for trespassing.â€
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Postby Wikiwalker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:13 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1408157) wrote:Phox

"Hmm, well, I didn't see any village along the shore yesterday, but I noticed a cove before I came into the forest. If there is a village nearby it'd be around there. Actually, I'm sure I passed it on my way through the forest, so if you keep heading that way," Phox pointed back in the direction he came from, "you should find it."

Phox walked over to his swords and swung the scabbard onto his back. It was a custom design for carrying two longswords in an "X" across one's back. His Claymore lay directly on his back, and it's hilt was over his right shoulder. The No Dachi crossed over the Claymore, and came out over his left.

"Well, it seems we both intend to travel the same path. Wyn, would you mind if I travelled with you and Dominick? The cove is only a short walk, and if it'll help I can carry a load or two."

As Wyn reached for his writing tablet, Phox reached up and rubbed the back of his head apollogetically. "Haha, I guess I'll owe you a lot of paper by the time this is over."

Wyn

Don't worry about the paper, guide us to the village and I'll call it even. I'll just go finish packing up. Wyn passed the paper to Phox and joined Dominick by the donkeys.

Out of the corner of his eye Wyn could see Dominick signing furiously. He used the subtle signs they had worked out years before for emergencies, they would just look like fidgeting to Phox.

"He can't come with us, we don't know where he comes from. What if he's a thief or a murderer?" Dominick glared at Wyn over Nero's back. and then said aloud "Oren is being an idiot, you load him."

Wyn sighed. "Don't be rude, I don't think he's dangerous, and even if he is there are two of us and one of him. Anyways, he'll only be with us until we reach the village."

Dominick glanced sideways at Phox. "It better be as close as he says it is. If he starts leading us down any secluded roads watch out." He looked at Phox. "We can carry our own packs." Dominick went back to signing. "Things might turn up missing."

Wyn was getting very close to hitting his younger brother, but he didn't want to do that in front of the stranger. He is getting such a lecture after this guy leaves.

With Dominick fuming silently and Oren making everything worse it took over an hour for them to pack up.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Wikiwalker

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:55 am

OOC: Ok Jordan. I'm almost done with the Rio-Richard conversation. I'll wrap it up and time skip to that night. ^_^

Hetharu---Rio wrote:Riona

Riona listened to each word that Richard spoke, though all either confused her more or made her feel worse. She somewhat understood what he was saying, of how some disliked others for what race they were. . . but why? She didn't get it.

She could only give a small nod when he suggested that they go back. She kept her arms around his neck, a silent request to be carried back. Though her tears had slowed down to a near stop, she didn't quite chipper up as quickly as usual. She was actually silent for some time, lost in her own mind before turning to look at Richard again a while later.

"You. . . don't hate me. . .?"

Though she asked that, it was pretty obvious that, rather than asking whether he hated her or not, she wanted to know why he didn't hate her like everyone else did. After all it was obvious that he liked her, at least now, even if he happened to dislike her in the past.
Richard looked her in the eyes. He put his hand on her cheek. "I could never hate you Rio" He smiled at her then pulled her into another hug.

It was strange. This was the first time he'd ever seen her cry... yet it felt as if he'd know exactly how to cheer her up. He loved her like his own little sister, and he didn't even realize it yet.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

Wikiwalker (post: 1408187) wrote:Wyn

Don't worry about the paper, guide us to the village and I'll call it even. I'll just go finish packing up. Wyn passed the paper to Phox and joined Dominick by the donkeys.

Out of the corner of his eye Wyn could see Dominick signing furiously. He used the subtle signs they had worked out years before for emergencies, they would just look like fidgeting to Phox.

"He can't come with us, we don't know where he comes from. What if he's a thief or a murderer?" Dominick glared at Wyn over Nero's back. and then said aloud "Oren is being an idiot, you load him."

Wyn sighed. "Don't be rude, I don't think he's dangerous, and even if he is there are two of us and one of him. Anyways, he'll only be with us until we reach the village."

Dominick glanced sideways at Phox. "It better be as close as he says it is. If he starts leading us down any secluded roads watch out." He looked at Phox. "We can carry our own packs." Dominick went back to signing. "Things might turn up missing."

Wyn was getting very close to hitting his younger brother, but he didn't want to do that in front of the stranger. He is getting such a lecture after this guy leaves.

With Dominick fuming silently and Oren making everything worse it took over an hour for them to pack up.

Phox

During the hour it took to break camp Phox got his bearings from the surrounding forest. Moss on only one side of a tree, the sound of waves, the morning sun, all these things can be used to find one's way, and Phox had become very adept at using them. Mostly because he couldn't use a map to save his life. He'd proven that twice, and had never put it to the test again.

The camp breaking was almost complete, and Phox watched as the two brothers hoisted a pack onto Oren. He had tried to help, but apparently the donkey didn't like him much, and now he had another dent to beat out of his greave at the next forge he came across.

With a final grunt, the brothers got the pack onto Oren and began securing it on. Phox could've carried it himself, at least to the cove, but Dominick seemed to trust him less as time passed. It was alright though. Watching them struggle with the loads reminded Phox of the last time he'd walked into a village carrying a load. His parents had told him he was stronger than most, but he hadn't understood by how much. Apparently being able to carry almost as much as a donkey wasn't very common.
[OOC: I couldn't remember exactly how much a donkey could carry, so Phox can carry at least two men's loads at once. He's stronger than other humans, but not ridiculously stronger. I also didn't know how big a load Wyn and Dominck had, so sorry if I took too many liberties...]

At last they were all ready. "Ok, it's this way. We'll arrive before noon easily." As they started off towards the cove, Phox took out a small leather pouch of jerky and offered it to the brothers. "Want some? It's a little salty, but not too bad. Got it from some kind of fanged monkey thing. Dagnab thing bit me." Phox examined his gauntleted hand as if the wound was still fresh.

Just a short walk and they'd arrive.
Rusty Claymore

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying