Libri Prophetiae

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Libri Prophetiae

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Taren - Amica Song - Revus
He winced slightly as she swung around. He mentally mocked himself for that; after all he'd been through, that was enough to startle him?
"I'm very sorry," he said, trying not to laugh now. For the love of everything sacred and holy, huh? That was....truly almost laughable. "I didn't mean to startle you. Honestly...I need to talk to you. All of you."
Amica, finally recovered from the surprise attack she'd just received, stood quickly, skipping back and away from the huge bird...and Mona. Under the circumstances, she'd rather risk Daji than that girl. She looked over at Taren now. She noticed something then, his eyes kept drifting to the book, which she'd left lying by the monolith. "Why do you need to talk to us?" she asked, casually leaning back to retrieve the book.
He took a deep breath, then began. "I need you to let me have the Andrake," he said. "The Book of Prophecy." He nodded to the book in Amica's hands.
Her eyes widened. "Why in the world would we..."
"That book is the tool of a monster," he said quickly, urgently. "If you fill that book, you sacrifice everything in this world to a demon! Whatever you were told, it is not a tool of salvation, but a weapon of destruction!" He took a step forward. "I need that book. Its my only chance of reaching that horror and destroying her. You have to-"
He was suddenly pushed back by a great force. His arms shot up, protecting his face, as he slid back several feet. Revus appeared, followed quickly by the other spirits who stood defensively around the Chosen.
"You will not touch this book!" Revus hissed at Taren.
Taren glared at Revus. "This is not your decision! It rests with them!" He turned back to the threesome, his expression pleading. "I need you to believe me. You can't let this world die too!"
Amica stared at him uncertainly, then turned to Daji and Mona. "I....what do we do?" she asked uncertainly.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Daji wasn't sure what to do or say. Honestly, he really had no idea what was going on. Everything from the day before had taken long enough to register, and now this newcomer wanted him to throw that out the window? What exactly was going on here? A part of him didn't want this guy anywhere near the book, but on the other hand he didn't particularly trust Revus either, and he was ready to run for it and leave the whole mess, book and all, behind him.
"What are you talking about?" Daji demanded. "How will the world die if we listen to these people? And why should we believe you rather than them? You people are all being pretty suspicious, if you ask me."
Daji glared at both parties, waiting for an answer that suited him. If he didn't get one...he honestly didn't know what he would do.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Mona stepped close to Fairy as the exchange ensued between the mysterious man and the spirits from the book. Honestly, she wasn't sure where to stand on the matter, it didn't make much sense to begin with and now there was this man telling them that everything they heard yesterday was a lie? Now it was just downright confusing and headache-inducing.
"What do you know about the book?" She asked the man, absently reaching her hand up and laying it on Fairy's long, soft neck, "Is there some way we can save all the people and..." Her eyes darted briefly to her feathered companion, "Everything else?"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Taren - Revus
"I know, I'm sorry for putting you through this confusion," he said to Daji. At Mona's question, his hopes grew. He had a chance here! "Yes, yes there is a way. A way to save everyone..." He nodded to her companion. "And everything." He pointed at the monolith.
"The answer lies there, in the runes engraved on its surface." He chose not to raise his doubts on the matter. Worse come to worse, they wouldn't matter on the next world. "Through it, we can defeat the source of the destruction and corruption, and save this world without all the suffering and death."
"Who started the vicious cycle?" Revus asked bitterly. "Who allowed the corruption into the Book in the first place? You may have managed to forget, Failure, but I haven't." He paused, then stared at Taren oddly, as if just realizing something. "How are you still alive, anyway/ I saw you die, like you were supposed to."
At his biting words, Taren felt his temper flaring, and he quickly shoved it down. He needed to stay in control, or ruin any progress he'd made. "I need the Book," he said. "Without it, I can't translate the runes of the monolith. The Book is my only guide."
"Or you can't finish corrupting the world without it," Revus retorted. "Turncoat, you brought us where we are now. Do you truly desire to destroy any chance we have at salvation?"
Taren stayed quiet, waiting.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Again, Mona was reduced to listening to the back-and-forth argument of Revus and the mysterious newcomer. They knew each other from somewhere, that was certain, and they both had knowledge about the Book and the monolith. She tried to piece things together, but her mind was a confused, muddled mess. Finally, she decided to stick with what she knew about solving arguments, and she knew there was one surefire way to stop any argument between two people.
Wordlessly, with an expression that held anger, annoyance, and confusion, Mona walked away from where she stood with Fairy and into the middle of the group, putting herself between Revus and the newcomer. She looked at Revus first, letting him look at her and register just how upset she was, then she turned to the other man and let him do the same. Everyone's attention was on her now, she knew, which would make her tactic so much more effective. Fairy recognized what she was doing, and the bird let out a scratchy chuckle.
Wordlessly, she walked to the new arrival, standing in front of him. She looked him dead in the eye for several long seconds, making sure his attention was focused strictly on her.

And then she punched him in the face.

No hesitation, no holding back. Mona swung her arm and hit the man as hard as she could, square in the jaw. Unexpected, a blow like that would put most people on the ground, seeing stars.
Before there was any time for someone to react, Mona turned, crossed the gap between her and Revus, and then she hit him, too.
"I am sick of listening to you all talk in riddles and veiled truths!" She shouted, looking back and forth between her two victims and the rest of the Andrake spirits. "'The world is ending,' and 'they're lying,' and 'that's not true' and 'everyone's going to die.' I am so sick of you all spouting out this nonsense! We can't make a decision about anything if you won't tell us anything! Now all of you quit your arguing, count to ten, and tell us what you're talking about!!"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:36 pm

OOC - Well, that clinches it. I know where this is going XD :thumbsdown:
Oh Mona, much as I sympathize, you're going to ruin the pace of my story XP

Taren - Revus - Amica
Revus was clearly taken aback, and was even more astonished when she punched him too. Celcium guffawed at the look on his face, as Revus struggled to recompose himself. What the heck...happened?
Taren staggered back, but didn't fall. Good as she was, he'd been punished by better than she. His temper was flaring though. "I'd give you the truth, but could you take it?" he retorted angrily. "Could you even comprehend? Ignorant little islander, you are a child trying to pretend you're an adult! You've not yet won the privilege to know what I know! When you have seen as many worlds die as I have, then maybe you could understand the wonders I've witnessed."
"How will we ever understand if everyone refuses to explain it to us?" Amica said, speaking up finally. She sounded a little irked herself. "So we are children to you? Educate us then! Just stop with the bloody riddles already!"
She didn't like Mona, but she was right. The riddles had to stop.
Taren glanced from Mona to Amica and back again. Looking between the two, he had the sudden realization that the little islander was not only of sterner stuff, but would probably handle the trials and choices ahead much better. He'd yet to hear anything substantial from the guy, but it looked like the little kid would be the leader here. Smiling slightly, he nodded. "Its straight answers you want then? Fine, but you'll have to earn 'em if you want them." Rubbing the new sore spot on his face, he continued, "Travel the world. Explore. Record. Find the corruption in everything, and try to discern its cause. When you have explored at least three of the tribal lands, go to the mountains. You will know what to do from there." Nodding at them, he turned away. "Then I will put the pieces together."
Revus watched him walk away, then gestured to the other spirits, who vanished back into the Book. He glanced at the Chosen, saying, "I will teach you to Record. Please allow me a moment." and he too vanished into the book.
Alone in the void - if one can be alone with several other spirits around you, he settled into a cross-legged position, closed his eyes, and focused.
Amica glanced at the others, uncertain.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Daji was speechless. He'd been plenty irked himself, but when Mona just up and...punched two full grown men, without hesitation and without any consequences, he didn't really have a response to that. Even as the two girls started yelling at the book people and the weird new guy, Daji just stood there with a bit of a blank look on his face, unsure what to do or say. And before he'd come up with anything, apparently a decision was made and everyone was happy.
Daji opened his mouth, then closed it again. What was there to say? This was all too weird.

Kezia sighed, folding her hands in her lap. So many thoughts ran through her mind. The path ahead...
Rowtag, on the other hand, was ansy and impatient. All this sitting around thinking. When were they actually going to get some action? Though that spunky islander girl had really given Revus what for. Rowtag smirked thinking about it. That had been priceless. Now if only he could do that and get away with it...
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Mona was still simmering even as the man -who had, in the end, still neglected to introduce himself- gave them directions and then turned to walk away. Not quite satisfied yet, she yelled at his back, "I know I'm a child! That's why I'm so upset about all this!!"
That said, she turned back to the others just in time to see the spirits disappear into the book. Mona sighed, exasperated, and crossed her arms, huffing. Fairy walked over to her and rested his head on her shoulders, making her absently stroke the feathers on his chin, just below his beak.
When the other two looked at each other, and at her, no one seeming to know what to say, Mona simply stated the first thing that came to mind; the same thing she always said in these situations. "Hey, they had it coming."
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 am

"Because that was just an incredibly bright idea," Daji said, unfortunately the first thing that came to his mind. But then he sighed, running a hand through his hair.
'Whatever. What are we supposed to do now? I don't know who to believe and none of this makes sense. Maybe it's all a big joke."
Daji snapped his fingers, a thought coming to him. He looked back and forth between the two girls.
"I know what it is! This is all just a dream. There's no way a little shrimp of a girl could get away with punching two full-grown guys like that. And you," Daji pointed at Amica. "You almost got eaten by that bird thing, and you're okay with that? And those people with the book, and some guy comes and tells us to believe him for no reason and then walks off, and what's with this stone thing?"
Daji crossed his arms, a determined look on his face.
"In that case, I'm just gonna wait here until I wake up. No point in making this thing any worse than it already was. It's crazy. I'm going crazy."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:24 pm

OOC - yes, he is. But poor guy, we're not through with him yet XD

Revus - Amica
Revus, directly behind Daji, listened with a raised eyebrow. When Daji made his final statement, he calmly raised his hand and zapped him on the back of the neck. It was weak enough to be merely static, but strong enough to make him jump.
"Was that real enough for you?" he asked. "Why I did not react are my own reasons. Worry more for your duties."
He glanced at Mona, then said, "I am sorry for the mysteries, but there are some things I am not allowed to speak of. But...yes, you do deserve what I can give. That man is Taren, and he was a Chosen of the Book. Because of him, corruption came into the Book, which is why the world's rebirth comes at such a steep price of death and destruction. You were upset earlier about losing loved ones? You have him to thank for that." Shaking his head, Revus shifted topics.
"Recording things into the Book is fairly easy. Hold the Book and speak the name of the person or object you desire to record. However, you cannot just say the name, you must picture them, know them, as if they stood next to you. It helps to be near them, as it makes it easier to picture them fully.
"From here, your task is simple. Travel the world, record what is righteous and good, and fulfill the prophecies. Answer the questions you find, and choose your direction carefully."
"Questions? Prophecies?" Amica looked confused. "Where should we even go first? Neither you nor that guy are really answering anything..."
Rolling his eyes heavenward, Revus replied, "I feel strong energy from the east, in the Forests. That is my suggestion." and he vanished into the Book.

Sighing, he glanced around at the other spirits. "Everyone ready?" he asked quietly. "I want everyone to remember - no bothering the Chosen unnecessarily. You can now advise them as needed. Try not to agitate them, they seem even dimmer than the last ones." He glared at Rowtag. "That goes double for you. Try to curb your exuberance and impatience, or you ruin any chance of our world's true rebirth. ALL ours actions and advice matter as much as the decisions of the Chosen, for we must help mold them into who they need to be."
"Is everyone prepared?"

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 am

Daji
The forests? Like...Ylith Forest? Daji wasn't sure whether to be happy or worried. He was all for seeing trees again, but if there was some energy coming from over there, what did that mean? Regardless, if that was the plan, Daji was more than ready to lead the way into familiar territory.
"All right, you heard the guy. Whether we can trust him or not, we don't really have too many options other than just sitting around doing nothing."
With a scowl Daji rubbed the back of his neck. That guy...

Rowtag & Kezia
Rowtag returned Revus' glare with equal intensity. Why was he always such a grump.
"Why am I the one you're worried about? Celcium's worse than me." Rowtag jerked a thumb at the ice spirit without any regard for how he might react. "And you're the one who expects this to all be a waste of time. You're such a pessimist."
Kezia shot Rowtag a warning look, reminding him that this was no time for arguments. She glanced at Celcium as well, hoping he'd think better than to come up with a retort.
"Revus has seen far more destruction and failure than you have, Rowtag," she reminded him. "He has every reason to be wary. We should all be taking the utmost precaution to prevent yet another catastrophe."
Turning to Revus with an apologetic look, Kezia nodded.
"I believe we are all as ready as we can be."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Mona crossed her arms and closed her eyes, forcing herself to take several deep breaths. Calm down, calm down. No more hitting right now. She told herself. But honestly, the spirits all just running back into the book -again- was frustrating her to no end.
"So, what, are we gonna go to the forests like he said?" She asked, looking to the others. "For one thing, how are we going to get away from our tribes? Just sneak away? It'd be pretty hard to try and explain anything to my people, especially if it ends with 'and that's why I'm leaving with these strangers. I'd say see you later, but you're all gonna die in a few months, so I won't.' I don't really see that ending well." She looked at Fairy, as if asking for his opinion. For her part, Mona was feeling an urge to not go to the forest like Revus had suggested, just to spite him. Bet we could get to the Aero's pretty quick...
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Amica Song
Thinking as Mona griped out loud, she said,
"Actually, sneaking may just be the best option, except...Daji is a Kiilin. His own people would surely know him." She thought a minute longer. "It is possible, maybe, to get fostered, perhaps? If we can talk the adults into it." She shook her head. "I dunno. It really sucks either way."

Revus
Celcium opened his mouth, but was silenced when he saw Kezia's face.
Revus composed himself as Kezia chastened Rowtag, feeling somewhat grateful as he was feeling overwhelmed suddenly.
Taren...was alive. How had he survived the fires? He was still merely human, even if he was once chosen, right? And he was still after the Book...
This could not be good. How was he alive anyway? Had she given him something...
"Thank you Kezia." Sighing, he said, "Well, I suppose its time to leave the Book and truly get going..." Sighing, he straightened. "Come then...lets go."

Reappearing in the outside world, he listened to the Chosen debating. Well, there was really nothing he could advise yet...but if they asked, he'd try and come up with something.
That was what they usually did, anyway. Just hover around and wait till they were asked something, or point the way every now and then. Gods, he hated this job...

Wolfsong

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying