October Coloring Contest! Yes!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

October Coloring Contest! Yes!

Postby olorc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:06 pm

Here we go again folks... another month of coloring glee is about to begin.
thank you CA for being our featured artist... you do very nice work.
same rules as always... use whatever you can in anyway make the pic look sweeter than the others. Keep the general lines the same. otherwise, go to it. I've been rather bust with school as of late, so if there's a question out there from a newbie to the contest or even a vet, if someone who's been around for a while like photo, ca, eso and others wants to answer it, it would be fine.
i'll post the art in a sepate post.
>>if a mod could move this to the art contest forum, that would be great<<
thanks
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby olorc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:07 pm

deadline= october 21
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:20 pm

Nice. That is art that i can truely expand upon...

I look forward to this one.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Hephzibah » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:05 pm

This looks spiffy! I might have to enter this month too XD Have fun doing it everyone!
Hephzibah

Postby meboeck » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:18 pm

Scribs, you could really have a field day with this one. :lol: I can't wait to see your entry! I know it will rock! Hopefully I will find time to enter this month. This looks like it will be fun to do. Thanks, CA!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby rii namuras » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:47 am

(Oooo. This'll be fun, I'll get to practice doing animals. ::saves picture:: )
rii namuras

Postby Sam*ron » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:16 am

That pic looks fun, I might be posting here Olorc. :thumb:

[BTW did you draw that?]
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby KrescentMoon » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:32 pm

*HEHEHE* I've never colored animals before. This is going to be fuuuun....hopefully I won't color it last minute like last month's. xD

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:17 pm

meboeck wrote:This looks like it will be fun to do. Thanks, CA!

^_^ Thanks, Meboeck (do you mind if I call you Mebo?). No problem. ^_^

Sam*ron wrote:[BTW did you draw that?]

:) *raises hand* :)

Yes, you must enter, Talame! Oh I'm really looking forward to seeing what Scribs can do with his entry. I'm also looking forward to seeing all the different versions that people will do.... :thumb:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:45 pm

Hmm, an animal picture. <ponders whether it's a crested goose or swiming chicken> ^_^;; Very nice, CArt. I hope I'll have time to enter...but the outlook isn't good. I mean, I haven't even had time to make a new avatar yet! But either way, I'll be following the contest. <lurks in thread>
Esoteric

Postby sarahcarter06 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Where is the pic...?

AHH I'm so confused...!
sarahcarter06

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:55 pm

It's here:
;) Have fun colouring it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hephzibah

Postby Falcon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:30 pm

Looks great. As usall. Guys I have not been here for about 3 months. Have been very busy prac teaching in a school. only 4 more weeks of uni . woopeeeeee.

Looks like a giant swimming chicken. Perhaps a GM duck swan thingy. what ever it turns out to be I am sure it would love chocolate.
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby sarahcarter06 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:25 pm

Thanks!
I'll see if I have time to color it O-o It looks really cool!!
sarahcarter06

Postby White Raven » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:10 pm

Hello? *chirp chirp*
Is anyone here?
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:16 pm

X___X I'm not sure if I will be able to colour this in time. It's almost the end of uni year here, so I have lots of assignments and exams coming up... we'll see though ;)
Hephzibah

Postby Esoteric » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:24 pm

C'mon people! Let's get the entries started. Yeah, so we're all super busy, but this cool art needs coloring! In a show of good faith, here's my entry. I've only just taken a half hour to color this. It's not much, but hey, it's an entry. I want to see more swiming chickens out here too, so I'm waiting! :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Scribs » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:01 pm

Here it is. Prepare to feel my glory!
Bwa ha ha ha ha!
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Bwha ha ha ha ha! :lol: :lol:

I _love_ the various allusions to other great works such as Homestarrunner and the Amazing Adventures of Ink and Ash, Scribs. ^_^ Awesome. (Eh, Steve!) :thumb: :lol:

Wow, awesome colouring skills, Eso! I love the filtering light effect you've achieved under the water - and I LOVE the clouds!

Woo! Cool entries! ^(^o^)^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:01 pm

Hmm...if I was to do a mad rush on Friday night would my entry still be in on time? I've never been totally clear on if the entries need to be in before the 21st or on the 21st/before the 22nd. Confuzzled..

I really do want to have a go at CA's lovely lineart, but it's tough fitting it in around my design homework and the occasional urge to sleep. And I've been pulling alot of 2 to 4 AMs in the morning as of late *headdesk*

Well, I will definitely make my most valiant effort next Friday. It might not be pretty but it will be..er...effortful?

Oo, and so much love for Eso's version. The colors are so beautiful, it almost looks like watercolor. And Scribs' is very..metaphorical? Dude, the baby thing scares me O_o
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby meboeck » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:39 pm

Wow. Scribs, you truly amaze me. You are my heor when it comes to Paint. You are a master of visual comedy. Thank you for gracing us with your awesomeness.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby olorc » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:46 am

ok people, this is not going to fly. Where have the people gone. (suddenly i have the urge to listen to Elanor Rigby by the Beatles). More entries=better contest. Have we all lost our enthusiasm or what?
olorc

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:40 am

Maybe Scribs just scared them all away.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:59 pm

olorc wrote:ok people, this is not going to fly. Where have the people gone. (suddenly i have the urge to listen to Elanor Rigby by the Beatles). More entries=better contest. Have we all lost our enthusiasm or what?

Perhaps end of year assignments and exams are getting to everyone... that is, if you guys have tests at the end of the real year instead of just halfway through it :P Silly American school system
Hephzibah

Postby White Raven » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:23 pm

olorc wrote:ok people, this is not going to fly. Where have the people gone. (suddenly i have the urge to listen to Elanor Rigby by the Beatles). More entries=better contest. Have we all lost our enthusiasm or what?

Mine is on the way.
I’m just making some small adjustments.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:45 pm

Heeeey, don't I count? I'm drowning in anatomy, typography and design projects but I'm still going to give it a shot. And I'm still confuzzled.

Ah well, I should get back to work.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:16 pm

I'm planning on putting in an entry before the 21st.... its Friday your time and Saturday mine so I plan to work on it during Saturday (its been a crazy couple of school works as I'm getting to the final exams during Nov/Dec like Talame: we have a similar school calendar in terms of start/end/exam dates. :) ).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:03 am

CreatureArt wrote:I'm planning on putting in an entry before the 21st.... its Friday your time and Saturday mine so I plan to work on it during Saturday (its been a crazy couple of school works as I'm getting to the final exams during Nov/Dec like Talame: we have a similar school calendar in terms of start/end/exam dates. :) ).

Not entirely, me thinks. Uni ends earlier than school. My exams are at the very beginning of November, hence one of the main reasons why I am having trouble colouring the picture in time. Sorry bout that; I love the picture though!
Hephzibah

Postby olorc » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:21 pm

ok sweet, just checking to see if you guys are awake.
olorc

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:43 pm

prolly not gonna make it in time... I have stuff that I have to do for class thats taking a lot of time and seriously tiring my hand out

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Next

Return to Art Contests