Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Discussion

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Discussion

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:59 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I recently got my hands on this anime thanks to a big sale at a video rental store. I have to say, Studio Gainax has a way of creating shows that require you to watch them over and over and over again to even remotely get an idea on what's going on, and each time you find something different that you missed the first time! "Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi" is no exception. It's like the freakish lovechild of "FLCL" and "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water".

On a slightly related note, has anyone else noticed that Jean, Shinji, Naota, Satoshi and Simon all have blue eyes? Is there some sort of significance in this or is it just an interesting coincidence?

Anyway, getting back to the show, the english dub is very well done, and I applaud Luci Christian for her portrayal as Satoshi; only until I looked at the credits did I realize that a female played the role!

Has anyone else seen this kooky show?

[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews