[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
The "Where Can I Watch This?" Thread - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

The "Where Can I Watch This?" Thread

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

The "Where Can I Watch This?" Thread

Postby Rose Faerie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:59 am

We are in the age of streaming. There are many titles that sound intriguing, but many people don't know where to find them. Browsing the internet I see many forum threads asking "Where can I watch *insert anime name here*?"

So, I figured a thread like this could be helpful. Other users and myself can answer your streaming and DVD questions if possible.

I can start. Where can I watch the following?:
-NANA
-Paradise Kiss
-Kodocha
-Hell Girl
-Vampire Princess Miyu (TV)
-Nodame Cantible
-Princess Tutu
-Baccano!

Feel free to submit your own questions and such and I will do my best to help.
Rose Faerie

Re: The "Where Can I Watch This?" Thread

Postby Kaori » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Full disclosure, I hardly watch any anime these days, so I'm unfortunately not great at keeping up even with what sites are the best anime streaming sites, let alone what's streaming where.

But I love the Vampire Princess Miyu TV series myself, and your question made me curious, so the answer is:

Netflix.

If anyone happens to know the legal streaming source for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, let me know. It is on my "to watch" list.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:19 pm

As of August 2021, in the US unless otherwise noted. If location's an issue, you CAN get around it with a VPN and that is, to my knowledge, legal.
I wasn't super thorough about searching, but in general if I didn't post it, I didn't find it. Didn't look into offerings only visible to other countries either.
Also included links for the series (or related media) on RightStuf along with their regular price, though it's worth checking back because they constantly have sales. US region DVDs/BDs, but that's obviously not a complete picture of English-language releases. For example, you CAN buy Baccano! from Anime Limited, but it's a Region B BD, so you'll need to invest in a region-free player or software that can get around that.

td;dr I'm a USAian linking USA stuff.

DEMON SLAYER:
Crunchyroll (Free/Ads)
Funimation (Free/Ads)
Netflix (Subscription)
Hulu (Subscription)

Part 1 BD (65 USD)
Part 2 BD (65 USD)

NANA:
VRV (Subscription)
HIDIVE (Subscription)
Amazon (Subscription, not available in the US)
Netflix (Subscription, not available in the US)

PARADISE KISS:
Complete manga (30 USD)

HELL GIRL:
Amazon (Subscription, not available in the US) (Season 1)
Crunchyroll (Free/Ads) (Season 4, I guess?)

VAMPIRE PRINCESS MIYU TV:
iTunes (Purchase)

OVA DVD 1 (20 USD)
OVA DVD 2 (20 USD)

NODAME CANTABILE:
Amazon (Subscription, not available in the US)

PRINCESS TUTU:
HIDIVE (Subscription)
Amazon (Purchase)

Complete BD (70 USD)

And now I'm going to plug RetroCrush because they've got a lot of older and unknown stuff (makes sense, they tend to get Discotek's releases). Completely free with ads.
Ante Bellum

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:22 am

Thank you!

Tubi, I know has a lot of really random and old stuff too. Peacock's anime selection is all free with ads. The stuff they have is mainly giant robots and shoujo series, though.
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:DEMON SLAYER:
Crunchyroll (Free/Ads)
Funimation (Free/Ads)
Netflix (Subscription)
Hulu (Subscription)

Part 1 BD (65 USD)
Part 2 BD (65 USD)

Thank you!
VAMPIRE PRINCESS MIYU TV:
iTunes (Purchase)

OVA DVD 1 (20 USD)
OVA DVD 2 (20 USD)

Thanks! When I first looked at that I thought it was $9.99 for the whole series, which would be an absolute steal, but $19.98 for 26 episodes is also still not bad at all! This might be a good candidate to ポチる (<- Japanese word for one-click-buying)

And now I'm going to plug RetroCrush because they've got a lot of older and unknown stuff (makes sense, they tend to get Discotek's releases). Completely free with ads.

12 Kingdoms, Fushigi Yuugi, ROBOT CARNIVAL, Memories, Infinite Ryvius, which I always wanted to finish watching and never did . . . awesome, awesome, awesome.

Good to see you around, and thanks so much for the info!

Rose Faerie wrote:Tubi, I know has a lot of really random and old stuff too.

And thanks for this! Like RetroCrush, it looks like it has some really cool stuff on there!
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Always happy to help! :)
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm

And, yeah. Demon Slayer is pretty easy to find. Unfortunately the movie is stuck behind Funimation's Premium Plus. *cries in a hole* I don't know if you can go into the upcoming season without having seen it, though, since it has that one demon from the end.
Rose Faerie

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews