Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby LillyAngel » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:32 pm

I love your site! Its like... 4000% the best! ^.^ I love Sydonia, beacuse of the way she just decides to give her life for the Prince.
.:'Liana':.
LillyAngel

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:50 am

I knew I recognized this title, and just realized what exactly it was. My comments as they are there will stand. Good job.

Out of curiosity, how exactly is Christianity going to play into the whole thing? It's obvious it will have a strong presence, but how is battling stuff going to be handled?
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:52 am

*laughs*

I think we'll find out, don't you?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:12 pm

Why, no! I thought that it was never going to be covered!

No, I really was wondering. On my intitial reading (some time ago), that was the first thought that came to mind. But yeah, we will see.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:01 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Why, no! I thought that it was never going to be covered!

*Gasps!*
Sarcasim?!
*Verse about reaping what you sow comes to mind*
Oh ..uh, nevermind. Heh heh.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Saint » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:36 pm

An online manga about Christian farming?
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby majanthehun » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:54 pm

ha ha ha!!! :lol:
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:33 pm

I really like it! The art is awesome. I can't wait till you get more out. And I must say your webdesign is great (and i usually hate frames). :)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby inkhana » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:20 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I knew I recognized this title, and just realized what exactly it was. My comments as they are there will stand. Good job.

Out of curiosity, how exactly is Christianity going to play into the whole thing? It's obvious it will have a strong presence, but how is battling stuff going to be handled?

That's a very good question, UC. To be honest, though, I can't discuss it without getting into spoilers. There will be battles of a sort, but the first thing to remember is that this is not meant to be taken seriously (no hidden symbolism, except perhaps in the aspect that you could consider Rivey's battles to be symbolic of one's inner struggle). I guess I'll just have to leave it at that for now. I don't honestly think anyone will be offended at the ending or start flaming me, like "there's no way that God would let that happen" or so on, but who knows. I guess we'll see.

There's an update...I wrote part of issue 2 while I was gone, and it gets much deeper into the nature of Rivey's "battle." Also, it seems that some of Miss C's characters will play a role in later issues, but this is all tentative at this point. She may even do some scriptwriting for like issue 4 or 5.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Master Kenzo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:02 pm

Okay, that was like, WAYYYY to suspensful. :poke: Make more!

Excellent work though, loved it. :jump:
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:57 pm

oooh very nice! I know what you feel, I'm working on a manga series and currently have a few pages just waiting to be scanned but frankly, I'm terribly anxious about the idea of letting others see it. But I will do it! Inspired by your boldness, thanks!

Anyway, I really like your coloring and art work...wahh I'm only doing pencil and paper. :sniffle: Keep up the great job...can't wait for the next chapter!
Mave

Postby Mr. Rogers » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:19 am

this is pretty cool, im lookin forward to the next chapter :thumb:
Mr. Rogers

Postby inkhana » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:41 pm

[quote="anonymous"]inky-san, ano... why does the second chapter say "in progress" and all the other ones after that say "ready to be inked" thats confusing me.... but either way GOOOOOD!!!! @_@ MORE NOW!!!!

michiru-san, your art is good enough in black-and-white and manga is usually black and white anyways. if you really want color, just use color pencil]

LOL, the reason it says that is because the second chapter is the one I'm finishing up/working on. The pencils are waiting; they're ready to be inked but I'm not actually working on them. Anyway, I will try to hurry and get #2 out quickly.

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:53 am

Yay! And my mother will be glad to hear it too! I brought up the site for her (being sure to point out all the tiny artistic details such as shadow-contrast effects and beads on the trim of cloaks ... ;) ) and she really got into it .. then smacked my head because I let her get into something that left off on a cliffhanger. So for my head's sake ... update soon!
Gypsy

Postby madphilb » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:45 pm

Ink, I can't believe I've not been by to look at this yet... sadly I'm having some issues with downloading the large images (I think I need to have a look under the hood of Opera)....

I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it's any better, otherwise I'll have to check it out over at my Mom's (she's got broadband).

But, what I've seen so far looks.... wow.... really, really awesome. :D

PHIL
madphilb

Postby inkhana » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:02 pm

[quote="Gypsy"]Yay! And my mother will be glad to hear it too! I brought up the site for her (being sure to point out all the tiny artistic details such as shadow-contrast effects and beads on the trim of cloaks ... ]

Whoa...I'd better hurry before you end up with a concussion...;)

Status update: I finished the first page of ch.2 today, working on second page. I'm trying an experiment with screentones to see how they look, and it's coming out pretty good. I'll post a notice here when I get it updated.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby otaku » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:36 pm

well i read it and so far looks good how often do you plan on releasing chapters? when do you plan on being finished? i have told some friends they have subscribed and read. I also linked you on my blog. :thumb:
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
otaku

Postby inkhana » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:48 pm

Wow! Thanks! There's no definite date of releases or anything, but I am working on the third page in chapter two (they're going a little faster now that I switched to screentone) In total, there are seven chapters, (I think...) and the last two will be released together because it's written in such a way that it would be silly to do otherwise. (I would probably get in big trouble from the readers by waiting to put up the two page epilogue...LOL)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby otaku » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:53 pm

your welcome! I hope it goes well i will read and all :cool: :)
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
otaku

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:38 pm

WHEEEEE! I can't wait till the next chapter!! You are still working on it right? :) And you are going to remember to tell us when you add the next chapter so we can all go and bombard your site right? ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby inkhana » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:26 am

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mave » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:38 am

Very nice!! ^^
Mave

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:04 am

Excellent work, Ink! I think all the work on the tones worked out very well. I also like the slight change in character designs as well. :thumb:
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:51 am

Cool! Thanks! Yeah, I couldn't stand Sydonia's bangs any more. I HATED the way I drew them first time around. And part of the change is like, I was learning more about them as I drew them, and secondly, I change a lot in general once I go to ink. (I'm almost never satisfied with the way I draw things the first time, so I usually have to do things like make the eyes more even, etc, stuff I can only do in the comp...^^) LOL

I did like how some of the later screentone pages came out. You know, the glow effect (otherwise known as white loaded in a very soft airbrush...:P) works really well with that darker tone. ^^

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby shooraijin » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:02 am

Great work, ink! Whee!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:34 am

Woohoo!
Mithrandir

Good Job!

Postby JediSonic » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:12 pm

Personally, I like the color much better in general, but I realize it probably takes a lot longer to do that way, and since this chapter isn't very... eventful... it works out okay. Besides, I'm sure it would be nearly impossible to acheive that "glow" effect with color (assuming you do the colors on the computer) without drastically changing your drawing style. Also, this way you can use color to highlight specific moments of emotion such as that one frame of Riv's eyes.

You really make out that doctor to seem the heartless type though, seriously... or is he just covering up his sensitivety? LOL

All in all, great job! I can't wait till the next installment next month :thumb: Maybe you can introduce that lion character sometime soon? :grin:
JediSonic

Postby inkhana » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:47 pm

Well, I think I estimated about three times longer to do color...*sigh* I felt it was better to stick to a "pseudo-traditional" manga format at least at this point, lest I spend the rest of my adult life coloring this one. :P This way, everyone gets their updates faster!

Incidentally, the glow effect is no harder to do in color or black and white - it's only white paint loaded in a low-opacity airbrush. It has the same effect no matter what you put it on, except a white canvas, of course...^^

Azihn is a twit. That's all that needs saying in regards to him...:P

Oh, one last thing...for those of you who have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Kyla (aka the lion person...LOL and also my avatar) she will be introed in the next chapter. ^^

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:22 am

Mmm. Looked at this previously, never actually posted anything about it. Very good, as would be the usual. Though I was somewhat surprised to see it in traditional black and white. You might want to have a minor note about style in different chapters. It worked fine, however.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:15 am

inkhana wrote:

Azihn is a twit.

:lol:
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics