CAA: Stand Around Complex

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:47 am

Gypsy wrote:You sound like that's a bad thing. ]

Yeah, I've been trying to make this as boring as possible, but I'm simply incompetant that way.

Gypsy wrote:I don't remember if I said this or not, but I love the power meters.

Ah, thank you kindly]And I just recently realized that I have no idea what game those sprites are from. Is it a secret or something I should know off the top of my head? :sweat:

You didn't know instantly? This is a travesty against small cute animals and starving children in underdeveloped countries! (Hm, I'm in sarcasm mode right now, evidently) No, the game is vaguely obscure, a recent Megaman game for the Gameboy Advance. My sprites are all from the Japanese version, Rockman Zero (I can't remember the American title). I don't imagine many people would recognize them.
uc pseudonym

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:10 am

Gypsy wrote:You sound like that's a bad thing. ]
Oh I know. Its bad because it ends so suddenly. It was such a sudden and quick update - it just keeps getting better & better only to end all of the sudden. So I felt both happy and frustrated, which is why I pronounced the name of the fruit of the order fagales (nuts).

UC wrote:You could make a good guess by simple process of elimination. But the question will be answered directly next comic in any case.

I have a good suspicion who this person might be. How much do you pay me not to let the cat out of the bag (or the monkey out of the sleeve as we say in SA)? :evil:
bigsleepj

Postby Icarus » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:36 am

All I'm saying is that I think I shall like this 'assassin.'
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:12 am

bigsleepj wrote:I have a good suspicion who this person might be. How much do you pay me not to let the cat out of the bag (or the monkey out of the sleeve as we say in SA)?

There is no cat. In the end, it is not the cat that gets out of the bag, but yourself.

Icarus wrote:All I'm saying is that I think I shall like this 'assassin.'

We shall see, but I hope so.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:58 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Yeah, I've been trying to make this as boring as possible, but I'm simply incompetent that way.

You didn't know instantly? This is a travesty against small cute animals and starving children in underdeveloped countries! (Hm, I'm in sarcasm mode right now, evidently)

This is a totally redundant post but I find these responses pretty amusing. Heh.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:00 am

Thank you. I also need to apologize for not updating. I knew I had church-related obligations on Sunday, but I didn't think they'd evolve and consume massive amounts of time. I'll be sending the 21st comic to Mave within the hour, but I don't know when she'll be able to get it up.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:02 am

Cheese-burger-ERS - Cheese-burger-ERS - Cheese-burger-ERS!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:10 am

The 21st comic is up, you know, but then again you might be chanting for the 22nd. Fortunately, I have it done (I'm actually putting some effort into this project in hopes of completing it).

However, it may be difficult to update it. I'll be gone most of this weekend on a spiritual retreat, which, almost needless to say, will not include internet access. It would probably do no harm to update early, which I will do if I remember.
uc pseudonym

Postby Scribs » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:55 am

very nice. very nice.

This comic of yours has always been a favorite of mine, and is one of the things that inspired me to make my silly little comic in the goof off section. I actually borrowed a phrase from yours in my last comic, I hope you dont mind. It was just too good of a phrase not to use.

once again thanks for making this awsome comic. I love it.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:52 pm

I concur with Scrib. This is very good. I enjoyed the "banned" part immensely. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Gypsy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:19 am

uc pseudonym wrote:The 21st comic is up, you know, but then again you might be chanting for the 22nd. Fortunately, I have it done (I'm actually putting some effort into this project in hopes of completing it).

I'm glad you have it done. I'll be even more glad when it's up. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:03 am

I'll do my best to send #22 to Mave today, which means it will be up in the evening.

Scribs wrote:I actually borrowed a phrase from yours in my last comic, I hope you dont mind. It was just too good of a phrase not to use.

That isn't a problem at all, but I want to know which phrase out of curiosity.

bigsleepj wrote:I concur with Scrib. This is very good. I enjoyed the "banned" part immensely.

Good, so did I. Though I must admit that I hate giving myself roles in my own comic; something about it feels wrong somehow. It doesn't help that the next major fight also includes me (I didn't intend it, honestly), and so my attitude during it was sort of "Hurry, hurry, get myself off panel!"
uc pseudonym

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:33 am

[quote="uc pseudonym"]Though I must admit that I hate giving myself roles in my own comic]
Its not so bad once you get used to it. Just kidding.

Well, we don't mind really, so don't worry. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Scribs » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:20 am

Good, so did I. Though I must admit that I hate giving myself roles in my own comic; something about it feels wrong somehow. It doesn't help that the next major fight also includes me (I didn't intend it, honestly), and so my attitude during it was sort of "Hurry, hurry, get myself off panel!"

I dont mind you being in it either, but I k now how you feel. It makes you feel like you are becoming egocentrical or something. Thats why wordsworthman got locked up so quickly in my little comic thing.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Mave » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:53 am

uc pseudonym wrote:
I'll do my best to send #22 to Mave today, which means it will be up in the evening.

Oops, I'm out of town at the moment but it will definitely be posted by Saturday evening. I'm so sorry!

Good, so did I. Though I must admit that I hate giving myself roles in my own comic]
UC, with all the work that you've done so far, you need to enjoy some limelight. Seriously. While you go about doing that, make us proud by kicking some troll/server error butt. ;)

and so my attitude during it was sort of "Hurry, hurry, get myself off panel!"

Heaven forbid if you dare to R.I.P yourself.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:04 pm

Scribs wrote:It makes you feel like you are becoming egocentrical or something.

Exactly. Like the worst Mary Sues in fanfiction.

Mave wrote:Oops, I'm out of town at the moment but it will definitely be posted by Saturday evening. I'm so sorry!

No, it's perfectly alright. They'll get their update... sometime tomorrow. And barring a disaster it should be updated, because I did manage to get the files sent earlier today.

Mave wrote:UC, with all the work that you've done so far, you need to enjoy some limelight. Seriously. While you go about doing that, make us proud by kicking some troll/server error butt.

I appreciate that. [Your similar comment as well, bigsleepj.] As for killing myself off, that would actually just be another way of making my character the center of attention. No, every CAA member in the story is going to remain alive.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:03 pm

Gypsy wrote:Cheese-burger-ERS - Cheese-burger-ERS - Cheese-burger-ERS!

Hmm...someone care to explain this? Hehe, is this a private joke or are cheeseburgers loosely associated with a demented zombie-like chant for updates?

Anyway, #22 is up. Hope you have this page bookmarked coz I'm not posting the link. Shame on you if you don't! :lol:
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:35 pm

Mave, if you want to understand read posts 51-54 (if you have 10 posts per page they'll be back on page 6, though that's just basic math). Also, this is a minor thing indeed, but could I ask you to add "Acid Trip 02:" prior to the rest of the title of my second inane comic? I neglected to mention it, primarily because I'd forgotten about the subtitle.
uc pseudonym

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:00 pm

Unfortunately, today was completely filled with church obligations, and Saturday consumed by preparation for those obligations. I still intend to update this week, either Monday or Tuesday.
uc pseudonym

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:59 pm

The promised update is already up, by the way. I wasn't going to mention it earlier, but just in case no one has noticed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Scribs » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:10 pm

It's called a prison. Ever heard of one?
I love it
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:25 am

YAAAAAY! AN UPDATE!! :grin:

I have to say I was startled with the sudden line about "praying to your god". That was a very sudden dose of seriousness.

...since when does anyone call me "sir"?

Ugh - I have such a hangover...no wait, I don't drink (quoted wrong)

:lol: ;)
bigsleepj

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:04 am

This will become more serious before this is over, though if I stick to my current plans there should be plenty of random humor along the way. I'm also glad that people liked the "Yes, Sir!" line, because I was hesitant about it. It requires a somewhat unusual humor style.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:00 pm

Hahaha, that was great UC. Except for the inference about me being inebriated. :shady: Still great, though. I love the pun on the title.
Ashley

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:20 pm

You may want to update the link in your initial post to point only to kcome. People might get confused...
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:51 pm

Hm, good point. It has been done.

Ashley wrote:Except for the inference about me being inebriated.

I was thinking about what to make you say when you woke up, and the first thing that came to mind was the "I must have a hangover" cliche. Given the context, I found it ironic.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:56 am

I echo bigsleepj in his comment. Hehe.
Mave

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:58 am

On a randome note, this thread's "Similar Threads" area below currently shows four threads about "Ghost In A/the/The Shell." Fun search feature!

And mave, I think it was a backhanded joke, making it not-so-serious, hopefully.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:55 am

The 24th comic is now updated as well.

At the moment I won't make any comments about the God line.

Mithrandir wrote:On a randome note, this thread's "Similar Threads" area below currently shows four threads about "Ghost In A/the/The Shell." Fun search feature!

That's the first time I've looked at them (generally speaking I don't, for obvious reasons). It's rather amusing.
uc pseudonym

Postby Scribs » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Very nice. I like that camel at the enrence.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics