Hitokiri's Manga Projects (White Day, Unnamed)

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Mave » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:50 pm

You've answered my question. Thanks~

Just so you know, the splash link doesn't work, but the other pages are fine.

While I wondered about the dark and depressing opening, it's starting to look promising for a romance series. ^^
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:48 pm

I am fixing that, thanks Mave ^_^

I am working on a little something right now but as soon as Christmas is over - I will work on putting up the next 3 pages.\

As well I am working with a friend who is pretty good at web design and we are planning on expanding and improving the site after the new year.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:19 pm

Last 3 pages is up therefore completing Chapter 1. Enjoy ^_^
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:34 pm

I wanted to say this but expect something intresting for my manga next week. Here's a hint: Bravehost is no longer my site's hosting server.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:13 pm

Well - I finally did it. So far it's been intresting and an experience but from now on - it's going to get even ore intresting.

http://www.csmanga.com - Go take a look ^_^
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:31 am

The new layout/website looks cool. XD Nice job revamping it~
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:54 pm

Mave wrote:The new layout/website looks cool. XD Nice job revamping it~

Thanks ^_^

I am now currently editing the last pages of White Day on the computer and as well as laying out material and drawing/inking Chapter 3 of She Loves Me, He Loves Me.

I am kinda scared with myself. I wanted Chapter's 3 and 4 to be somehwat violent and angsty. Maemi and Kamon begin doubting eachother's love and go into denile with themselves. These two chapters are defiently my more edgy-work. Veyr....edgy. I am going to ease up cause I don't want to freak to many people out.

Anyways, thanks for checking out the new site!
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:00 pm

Added up White Day pages 22-26. as well, I am combing Chapter 1 and 2 together.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:49 am

Added Chapter 3 for She Loves Me, He Loves Me. Warning - I do suggest 14+ just to be safe for chapters here on out for She Loves Me, He Loves Me.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:15 am

Woah! That's pretty intense. I have to admit that I've had such dark moments before.

I sure hope for a light at the end of the tunnel soon for both characters!
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:08 am

Syreth wrote:Something I was wondering... the main character, Akira, calls his sister "Onii-chan," right? I was under the impression that this was Japanese for "brother," and that "Onee-chan," would be Japanese for "sister." Please, someone clear this up for me, 'cause I stand confused.

Not sure if I answered this (and it's a long time coming)but that was a mess up on my part which I have overlooked. I am planning on fixing this proably today or Tuesday.

Thanks Mave and it will get lighter as the series progresses. In fact, I talked it over with Dunedan who helps listen to my ideas and stuff on how it will end. I have something awesome planned ^_^

I wanted to make the first 2 chapters how love first feels on the outside and their toughts on love while Chapter 3 and 4 deals with the inner struggle of Maemi and Kamon as they come to grip on thier love for eachother.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 pm

I am currently scanning the last part of White Day Chapter 1 (30 pages). I will be putting up 3 at a time when I finish editing them. As well, I am up to 6 pages complete in She Loves Me, He Loves Me.

Sorry about the lack of updates.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:16 pm

I added pages 28, 29, and 30 to White Day on the site.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Hey, that black haired dude reminds of Quincy Archer of Bleach (Once again, I've forgotten his real name).

My only comment is to watch his hand pose in page 30. I know he's probably pushing up his glasses but he also looks like he could be doing the middle finger. :sweat:

If you changed your layout recently, I think I like it better than the previous one. Maybe I like the contrast between black and white. It's almost time to revamp the layout of my website as well. ^^
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:19 pm

The guy is a girl. ... She's not exactly feminine but...

Haha. Yeah, I decided to go with a black and white design this time. I am horrible at making my own website designs so I am using a repmade template.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:15 am

Page's 31-33 are up.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:04 am

Hitokiri wrote:....The guy is a girl. ... She's not exactly feminine but...

:sweat: I guess it has alot to do with the way she carries herself (tough, cool and reserved) and there are characters who can somewhat relate such as Quincy and Jin (Samurai Champloo).

I had a look at your new pages. You're getting better with the screentones, which add a nice dimension to your pages. :)
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:04 pm

Thanks! Anyways, I have ditched a previous project - Samurai No Joshikou Ai for a better idea. I am playing around with a different art style that adds a more realistic approach to the characters - mostly in the facial region. I really wanted to make a series reflective of this style but the aforementioned would not go well with it. So I am slowly coming up with a new series which could be classfied mostly as a school/angst. In it's basic plotline, it's about several students in high school who go through all the crap that happens in a teenagers life and somehow, because of this, come to together. Such as I created a character to wants to be a nice person, wants to have friends but he is cold and silent. Another girl gets pregnant by her boyfriend, etc. It would be a mixture of both White Day and She Loves Me, He Loves Me.

I am picking from various different titles. One I like is Weekend Phoenix but doesn't tie in with the story that much. So I dug into "Catcher in the Rye" (big fan of the book) and found some quotes that works pretty well with the my storyline and can work as a title:

"Some Kind of a Good-bye"
"Blue as Hell"
"Through the Rye"
"Missing Everybody"
"Half in Love"
"Kings in the Back Row"
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:50 pm

Added pages 34, 35, and 36. Sorry about the delay.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:16 am

Thanks for these updates; they're looking good. ^^

The only thing I would caution is taking on too many projects concurrently though. The max I would ever take on at the same time (if forced) is 3. Would you agree or disagree?
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 am

Yes, 3 extremely maxing it out. That's why I am putting my next one, "Weekend Phoenix" on hold, while I finish up She Loves Me, He Loves Me. White Day takes a long time to do. Drawing and inking doesn't take up much time but editing one page can take anywhere from 4-5 hours a day. The more complex ones that involve me doing actually landscapes of objects, rooms, houses, etc can take half a week. So...yeah...I agree with you Mave :) Thanks for keeping track of my series! I wish I would get more fans of it though.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:00 am

I don't think you have anything to lose if you keep pracitising.

It's unbelievable how much I have to improve myself. (-__-)\\ Sigh.
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:03 pm

I am back in the chair and editing page 7 of Chapter 4 of "She Loves Me, He Loves Me". Chapter 4 is pretty dark but I am half way down with Chapter 5 and that's turning out to be wicked sweet.

I have put White Day back so I can finish up She Loves Me, He Loves Me so I can start working on Weekend Phoenix.

Annnddd....

Mave. You're going to kill me. I might be pikcing up a new series to do. Siiiighh.

I might called in "Complex Anime" or something with anime because it has to deal with anime. It's a romantic comedy/harem which involves a teenager in Japan who hates anime. However, his friends force him to watch a new popular series (which I have yet to name). Upon watching it, he finds the main girl character coming out of his television screen. I was it to be rather bizzare (FLCL bizzare) with some influences of Love Hina. Ah! My Goddess, and DearS. Like I have invisioned one point of the main guy character (who I have temporarily named "Toji") slamming this girls head back into the screen monitor to try and get her back inside.

One thing I like about this that this guy intends to remain sexual pure. In fact, one reason why he doesn't like anime is because he dislikes the scantly-crude female characters that all his friends likes. He wants a girl that he doesn't have to try to impress or a girl that doesn't have to get his attention by her body. And in eccense, this is why this girl came out of the television set. Of course, there will be other females of different types coming out of this tube. One is a ditzy blonde, another is a psychotic young female archetype, another is a nonchalant tomboy, and another quiet girl. Of course, a bad guy will appear and en dup being one of the girls who live with them (I am putting her as the older-sister archetype with a Dominatrix(sp?) type character - which should rpove to be intresting since I have never done any character like that (though I will have to hold off on the erotic clothing sense I don't draw it to that extent.))

Not sure when this will appear but I intend for it to since I love the idea.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:13 am

Put up pages 1-11 of Chapter 5 in He Loves Me, She Loves Me.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:28 am

You deserve to be flogged.

XD

I kid you. ;)

My word of advice is merely a recommendation. It's up to each artist to decide how many projects they would like to take on. As it is, one single series requires my concentration and focus. Good luck in this new project and in continuing other projects.

Meanwhile, good tones in the new pages. It does reflect on the general tone of the content.
Mave

Postby Gypsy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:29 pm

Hmm ... Mave, I am so keeping that quote.

^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:53 pm

AHHHH ::runs away from Mave::

Well, despite being severely flogged by Mave, I have some great news.

I have finally completed He Loves Me, She Loves Me! Expect it up by tommorow!
Hitokiri

Previous

Return to Webmanga/comics