Skipping Tomorrows webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Mave » Wed May 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Gypsy wrote:That's the plan ... but I think "too much sap" is a relative term. ^^]
On relative terms, I suspect you and I are on par. But I am curious now, how much sap can everyone take and how do each one of us qualify something as sap? To me, sap = enthusiatic declarations of love that suspiciously demonstrates little rational thinking, much smiling and displays of affection, which end in the line of "Happily Ever After."

"Baby, I've finally realized that I can't live with you, Emma. You're my missing rib, you complete me. I cannot stand being a second away from you and need you so much!! You have changed my life forever! Believe me, Emma my love! The world cannot tell us what to do whether it's this world or the world you came from. Love PREVAILs throughout time! *hugs* *kisses* *smiles* I LOVE YOU! <3 <3 <3 <3

Or maybe, I'm anti-romantic?

so I hope no one is holding their breath for mechs to drop out of the sky that Shawn will pilot and save the world or for Emma to admit that she's really a Star Princess and she's in the present time to find the lost members of the Sparkling Comet squad and fight monsters that pop up all over the globe.

What's disturbing is I have a difficult time choosing between this form of madness and the sap overdose.......*thinks* Ok fine, I pick the mecha and princess theme as long as Star Princess doesn't do some random glittering transformation and carry a SPECIAL magic staff (oooooooohh).

Oh wait....I don't think you were planning for that anyway. ;)

I almost thought a criterion to writing a good shoujo manga was irritating UC. Hehehehe.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 05, 2006 10:56 am

Mave wrote:Or maybe, I'm anti-romantic?

I personally don't think so, but you could say I'm biased.

Mave wrote:I almost thought a criterion to writing a good shoujo manga was irritating UC. Hehehehe.

Quite the contrary. I'm not annoyed by good shoujo, it just isn't something I particularly enjoy. The problem is that the shonen equivalent of a great deal of the shoujo genre would be 30 minutes of two guys punching each other.*

*Note: People would buy this.
uc pseudonym

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue May 09, 2006 3:08 am

People do - they call it Dragon Ball Z. [/raiden'sopinion]

But that's not the point, now is it?

I guess these last two strips have essentially obliterated any hope of a subtle romantic plot/subplot. ^_^

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 09, 2006 12:47 pm

Subtle, not really. It's no big secret that there's going to be a Shawn/Emma attraction, but I promise that the consistency of Skipping Tomorrows will be more like ... a light milk shake as opposed to a spoonful of marshmellow fluff. They're both thick, but one can be swallowed without risk of choking. Bear this in mind when you read the last panel of page 50: Gypsy said milk shake, not fluff.

So yeah, page 50. Three more pages until the next chapter and a new character (Sparkleglitter, the Star Queen).

Mave wrote:"Baby, I've finally realized that I can't live with you, Emma. You're my missing rib, you complete me. I cannot stand being a second away from you and need you so much!! You have changed my life forever! Believe me, Emma my love! The world cannot tell us what to do whether it's this world or the world you came from. Love PREVAILs throughout time! *hugs* *kisses* *smiles* I LOVE YOU! <3 <3 <3 <3

Genius! I'm SO going to work that in the script!!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue May 09, 2006 12:53 pm

"Mr Truid. How does this look?"

Then I clicked next... only to find there was no next page!

THE SUSPENSE! Gypsy, hurry up and update!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 09, 2006 1:12 pm

Hmmm. That one mannequin in the background of certain panels in page 50 bears a striking resemblance to a character from Macross / Robotech. Is it just a coincidence?
bigsleepj

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 09, 2006 1:29 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:THE SUSPENSE! Gypsy, hurry up and update!

:evil: The very cool thing about this is that the next page is done and sitting in my ST file waiting to be uploaded on Thurs.

bigsleepj wrote:Hmmm. That one mannequin in the background of certain panels in page 50 bears a striking resemblance to a character from Macross / Robotech. Is it just a coincidence?

Nothing of the sort, my friend. That is a blatent Lisa cameo! ^^ I'm just really glad that you could tell it was a mannequin.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue May 09, 2006 2:00 pm

Gypsy wrote::evil: The very cool thing about this is that the next page is done and sitting in my ST file waiting to be uploaded on Thurs.

So mean of you... :sniffle:
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 09, 2006 2:11 pm

Hey, hackey sack. Good way to burn time while waiting.

Gypsy wrote:I'm just really glad that you could tell it was a mannequin.

I had to do a double-take, but the way she was knocking it over in the second panel precluded other options.

Raiden no Kishi wrote:People do - they call it Dragon Ball Z. [/raiden'sopinion]

When I wrote that I figured there was a good chance someone would mention this. But sadly, most episodes of DBZ are people not punching each other.

Random comments aside, I really like the article that they found. It works well. I had been wondering what they thought they'd find at the library and what you were doing with all this.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue May 09, 2006 3:02 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Hey, hackey sack. Good way to burn time while waiting.

*Imagines UC trying to play hackey sack*

:lol:

Do you know how to play? I'm really bad at it by the way.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby meboeck » Tue May 09, 2006 5:36 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Hey, hackey sack. Good way to burn time while waiting.

One time some friends and I played hackey sack in the New York City Macy's. You just have to be carefull not to run into clothes racks. Gypsy, awesome job! I'm so glad you are doing more regular updates again! And that was the perfect way to do a cliffhanger!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 10, 2006 11:47 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Do you know how to play? I'm really bad at it by the way.

Know? Yes. I've never been the type to go for random tricks, however, so I'm only an average player. But in my experience, most people can't do very well, so they just stand in a circle making an effort and frequently chasing after the sack.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed May 10, 2006 11:54 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Know? Yes. I've never been the type to go for random tricks, however, so I'm only an average player. But in my experience, most people can't do very well, so they just stand in a circle making an effort and frequently chasing after the sack.

I'm one of those people XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Gypsy » Thu May 11, 2006 6:36 am

Next two pages are up. Bubbles and sparkles ... you guys aren't supposed to let me do stuff like that. ;)
Gypsy

Postby bigsleepj » Thu May 11, 2006 6:48 am

Yay! Two more pages! Thanks. :)

Gypsy wrote:Nothing of the sort, my friend. That is a blatent Lisa cameo! ^^ I'm just really glad that you could tell it was a mannequin.

I did at first think it was the sales lady, up until I examined it all more in detail. Then I came to the conclusion that (a) its Lisa and (b) I'm James Cameron. I'm going to make Titanic 2 at last!! Forget Battle Angel! But I like the cameo. :)
bigsleepj

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri May 12, 2006 4:20 am

O.o what the heck :lol: grandmother

I like her outfit after that though.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mave » Sun May 14, 2006 9:03 am

Hey, I was just wondering.....the two individuals who noticed Emma and Shawn in the library. They remind me of those two Steelblood characters. Are they meant to?

I love the "grandmother" statement. Teeheehee.....But most guys should realize that saying this in real life to their female partners that it could result in a slap. XD

Constructive Comment: I had a hard time reading the article on Professor Cran's research. May I suggest the fonts be made slightly smaller or placed into paragraphs?

Apart from that, that's pretty interesting information. It's funny how we always try to explain every single thing that happens....this happens with miracles as well.
Mave

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon May 22, 2006 8:53 pm

wheerree are the updates? ToT The story is too cute to aruptly end
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 31, 2006 7:13 pm

There was a sort of update yesterday. ^^;

And yeah, those may or may not be Steelblood characters, but the answer should be clear when you check out the name of the book that one of those girls was reading. ^^;
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:46 am

Here we go. It looks as though there will be answers to some of the questions that have been sitting in the background since the prologue.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:43 pm

Yes, some answers are coming. With the new chapter comes a new character, which was a huge relief for me when I was drawing the line art (over two years ago, now). A story between two people gets a little tricky after a few pages.
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:40 pm

Guuhhh <_< CLIFF HANGER

What happens next??
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Esoteric » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:58 pm

I've tried to view your site, but all I see are broken image links. I have images enabled in my browser (firefox) and other sites work fine. Why can't a view yours? Any clue? I really wanna see it!
Esoteric

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:37 pm

The migraine from hell! Don't keep us hanging like this. Please?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 pm

Esoteric wrote:I've tried to view your site, but all I see are broken image links. I have images enabled in my browser (firefox) and other sites work fine. Why can't a view yours? Any clue? I really wanna see it!

Not being an expert on web page issues, I can't think of anything that would cause a problem like this. I've never had any trouble on the various browser/OS combinations I've viewed the site on.

However, I post to offer a temporary solution: your machine very likely still has other browsers on it. In fact, it is very difficult to delete the standard browser (you may be able to do it on a Mac, but I assume you use XP). Running IE for one site won't cause any harm.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:12 pm

That's odd about the broken links ... you refreshed and all that, right? I don't have any IPs blocked and no one else (that I know of) has that problem. Weird ...
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:25 am

Kawaii! I love the kid Shawn from the new cover! He's so cute!
Ashley

Postby soul alive » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Oooh, new chapter. Very cute cover picture.

Just as a note, my parents' computer won't bring up any pictures on the site either. We run IE on Windows XP, so technically there shouldn't be a problem, but our connection is insanely slow (max 19 kbps), which may be the problem.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:38 pm

Hmph, tried IE and no go. Bummer. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I wonder if it has to do with my ISP or security software...though I only have this problem with one other site.
Esoteric

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:04 pm

It must find Gypsy very suspicious, then. Seriously, though, in that case things do become more difficult. You could try relaxing various security settings temporarily, or see if there is a way to specifically modify options (most security software has a way to allow specific websites access, albeit buried somewhere). Or at worst you could read through it quickly on another computer.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics