New Webmanga: Stick Monkey

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:33 pm

The link has been fixed.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1271270) wrote:The link has been fixed.

LOL thanks so much, UC! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:31 am

hey everyone! I updated 4 more pages last night! I also plan to limit myself to only doing 1-2 pages a week... it seems that if I try to do more than that, my updates get longer in between...of course you get more pages at once XD but I think it's better if I update once or twice a month AT LEAST.

I hope you enjoy the update!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:36 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Woot! Update! First a bit of a backtrack--

I was going back to the start of the chapter, and I noticed something odd (and I'm not trying ot be picky at all, its just something I noticed because I collect clocks)...when we see Brendan turning off his alarm clock, there are two bells on top of the clock, which leads me to believe that the clock in question is a bell-type alarm clock which rings rather than beeps. Of course, they do make electric clocks that have the bells on top for decoration, but I was just noticing! But enough of my chatter of clocks! I have an update to review!

I know either myself or another person mentioned this before, but I love how innocent Stick Monkey is. And I love the fact that you make him smart enough to know some things, yet slightly innocent and curious enough to ask and explore on his own. I think it's hillarious that you have Brendan imagining what could happen if he left SM alone. Nice touch with the little heads in the corners by the way. I have to give you a bit of tough love with the lightbulb though...shame on Brendan for not using an energy-efficient bulb! Doesn't he know we have an energy crisis and that the typical idea lightbulb uses 500 watts?! (Just kidding! I love the idea, and the little chain dangling from the base)

Great job, as usual, my friend! Keep up the great work! And like I said earlier--don't bug out over your update schedule--especially now that you're a working girl. Just take your time and have fun with it![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby whisperingloon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:50 am

Awesome! Worth the wait!

~ Ben
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:11 am

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1276810) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Woot! Update! First a bit of a backtrack--

I was going back to the start of the chapter, and I noticed something odd (and I'm not trying ot be picky at all, its just something I noticed because I collect clocks)...when we see Brendan turning off his alarm clock, there are two bells on top of the clock, which leads me to believe that the clock in question is a bell-type alarm clock which rings rather than beeps. Of course, they do make electric clocks that have the bells on top for decoration, but I was just noticing! But enough of my chatter of clocks! I have an update to review!

I know either myself or another person mentioned this before, but I love how innocent Stick Monkey is. And I love the fact that you make him smart enough to know some things, yet slightly innocent and curious enough to ask and explore on his own. I think it's hillarious that you have Brendan imagining what could happen if he left SM alone. Nice touch with the little heads in the corners by the way. I have to give you a bit of tough love with the lightbulb though...shame on Brendan for not using an energy-efficient bulb! Doesn't he know we have an energy crisis and that the typical idea lightbulb uses 500 watts?! (Just kidding! I love the idea, and the little chain dangling from the base)

Great job, as usual, my friend! Keep up the great work! And like I said earlier--don't bug out over your update schedule--especially now that you're a working girl. Just take your time and have fun with it![/color][/SIZE][/font]

XDDDD Let's say it's a collector's clock because Brendan is the kind of guy who would collect weird momentos... It rings AND beeps depending on what setting he chooses 8D.

XDD thanks! Like I said many times, Stick Monkey kind of has the mind of a preschool age child. He's very curious about the world around him... because he's SO SMALL and everything is so BIG and different... XD I should illustrate a short chapter from HIS view point, that would be interesting, ne?

XD energy efficient bulbs XDDD.

Thanks, Socks! Glad you liked the update ^_^

And thanks, whisperingloon! I appreciate that!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Two new Pages everyone ^_^ I hope you enjoy them!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Mave » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:56 pm

I could blissfully DIE from the cuteness of Brendan's interactions with Stick Monkey. <3 <3 <3

Tagline of the day: "School - it's the place where I go to get smarter."

Meanwhile, I congratulate you for hitting way past 50 pages within this year alone. Great job! *clap clap clap*
Mave

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:01 pm

thanks, Mave ^_^ I appreciate that! XD I'm glad you like Brendan's reactions xD they are fun to draw...

hmm do i sense t-shirts in the making... XD (School, it's where I go to get smarter...DUH)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 pm

2 new pages everyone 8D hope you enjoy the update...
EDIT: also updated the look of the site... hope you guys like it more than the old version...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby whisperingloon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:22 pm

More please? Please?

~ Ben
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:16 am

whisperingloon (post: 1293395) wrote:More please? Please?

~ Ben

I will be TRYING to update as soon as I can... XD I'm graduating from my Community College this spring @_@ lots to do... Spring Break is almost over, but maybe I can pump out a few pages ^_^;

I shall do my best! But please bear with me.... :/ I hate pausing the story like this, trust me... when I say I have not given up on SMC! (it's my baby, I can't. XD it's just on a spontaneous schedule... ^^; )
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby foolishbunny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:42 pm

sounds like a cool concept may GOD bless
foolishbunny

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu May 21, 2009 12:59 pm

I haven't forgotten about SMC guys... School has just kept me SUPeR BUSY. Thankfully its over and I will resume the comic very soon..and to prove that...

here's a quick illustration I did recently to get back in the groove :D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 am

One year later....

Guys, I sincerely apologize for the amazingly LONG hiatus SMC seems to be on right now... It was never my intention to let it go on this long. @_@ 2009 was supposed to be a good year where I continued SMC regularly.

Unfortunately, life seemed to take over a great deal of my drawing time... ._.` I graduated from community college in May, and then adjusted to life in a new uni. Dealt with Roommate drama, and even grew in my walk with Christ.

I think 2010 promises to be a great year, though. And plan to start updating as soon as possible! I am even looking to redo some pages and start doing colored pages. YAAAYYY! :D

Again, I'm REALLY sorry. SMC has not left my mind, or my heart. My characters mean to much to me, and their story needs to be told. Everyday I see them in my mind and I am like "Sorry, guys...just wait a little longer." (hehe that sounded bizarre :P)

But yes... don't think I've forgotten! Because I haven't!

Love you guys, thanks for bearing with me.....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Previous

Return to Webmanga/comics