Katbox

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Katbox

Postby Aleolus » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:06 pm

OK, for those of you who enjoy furry-esque comics, here are a few you might enjoy. First off is Las Lindas, the story of a cowgirl who is wanting to make the best of the family farm she has inherited from her family. Then, there's the Eye of Ramalach, which I don't fully understand myself, but strikes me as a sort of Indiana Jones type story. And finally, Carribean Blue, which is just a silly story about a couple catgirls and the cat who use to be a human boy. All three can be found at http://www.katbox.net/index.html
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 pm

They sound cool, but could you give a better description -I mean, more along the lines of 'sexual references, age appropriate,' etc? That would give me and others a better idea if they're suitable for us, as individuals, to read.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Aleolus » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:46 pm

Well, Las Lindas I would say would be for teens, because of innuendo, sexual references and the like, but nothing exceptionally open. The worst part of that one is one of the characters, a cat named Miles, has major sex on the brain, and is constantly being flirtatious and so forth. Mora, the cowgirl I mentioned, is also very well endowed, and likes showing it off for Minos, the guy she likes, but nothing ever gets seen.

Eye of Ramalach I would also rate as teen, but for entirely different reasons. Some sexual stuff in it, not much, but mostly some bizzare scenes, and some potentially frightening imagery.

Carribean Blue I would put a bit below teen, because while there is some innuendo and romance, it's mostly comedy and the like. The worst part was fairly recent, when the various catgirls (called nekocats *eyeroll*) have a bikini contest.

"Who are you?"

Aleolus

Postby Turbocat » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:28 pm

I just read 32 pages of 'Las Lindas', it's very gorgeous art and looks like the story might become more interesting with time, but I would have to give it a mature rating, or borderline teen/mature, because of the sexual content. The plot of the story so far is Mora seducing potential workers with her endowments, which, although they are never completely uncovered, are depicted in various stages of undress...plus there is a sex scene between her and Miles which, although there is no nudity, is a case of her callously using sex as a weapon to make the guy she likes jealous.

I dunno, maybe I've become a prude in my old age....anyhow I haven't checked out the other comics on the site yet.
In Christ,

Turbo =^.^=
Turbocat

Postby Aleolus » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:37 am

True, but she comes around once Minos leaves for a time. It gets much less sexual at that point, though we get introduced to a young cat who likes Mora's "seductive" outfit very very much, and winds up getting it and having it refitted to fit her.

"Who are you?"

Aleolus

Postby Photosoph » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks for the more in-depth assessment. :) I read it; I like Caribbean Blue the best, but aside from the rather heavy sexual focus, I did like Las Lindas.
^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Return to Webmanga/comics