Friends of the Dead--a vampire webcomic

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Maledicte » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:30 am

:grin: I'm glad you guys like it so far! I'm in the middle of pencilling the next page. I must be insane.
Maledicte

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:19 pm

Excellent addition! I can't wait for the next page. :)
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 pm

A new page, how wonderful!

Chronicling the second sound effect I've used in this comic so far.

Deviantart link
Webcomicsnation link
Maledicte

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 pm

This is the first time I haven't seen the new page before reading this thread, I believe. Again, you keep me interested because I still don't truly know the premise. Also, I fully approve of limited use of sound effects.
uc pseudonym

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu May 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Not Bad!
CAAOutkast

Postby Sanji07 » Thu May 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Interesting story. ^_^ Vampires intrigue me, so I was drawn here. 'Can't wait to read mroe.
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks, all of you!

I'm not sure, should I post a cover blurb of some sort, to give people an idea of what they're going to be reading, or just keep y'all in the dark? Or should I save the synopsis until after I finish the prologue?

Yet at the same time, I like revealing my secrets one at a time :)

(btw, Sanji07, your icon makes me giggle.)
Maledicte

Postby Manillien » Sun May 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi, ST2M, good story!

I'm sorry about digging this up, but I just saw this, and I'm surprised noone has said anything about it yet. I'm sorry if there's something I'm not getting about this. In that case, inform me, please!

Radical Dreamer (post: 1205268) wrote: Think twice about what you're saying and how it's going to come across next time.

This goes for both sides, imo. Both you and FishAndChips werre pretty mean to Ghost in your posts. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to disagree with Ghost, or that he wasn't being condescending, but they way you guys reacted to ST2M's post... There were several far more diplomatic ways to do it, and I think as Christians we're obligated to be friendly to people, no matter our differences in opinion or no matter how condescending they've been. I'm especially surprised that Radical as a moderator not only did not try to keep things civil, but jumped on the bandwagon herself.

OK, that's all.. Again, I might be misunderstanding things here, so correct me if I'm wrong!
"Do all that you have in mind, for God is with you" - 1 Chronicles 17:2

"A Christian is a cross product" - Christomath humorist

"Way to breathe, no-breath" - James "Jimbo" Jones
Manillien

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun May 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Manillien (post: 1225532) wrote:This goes for both sides, imo. Both you and FishAndChips werre pretty mean to Ghost in your posts. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to disagree with Ghost, or that he wasn't being condescending, but they way you guys reacted to ST2M's post... There were several far more diplomatic ways to do it, and I think as Christians we're obligated to be friendly to people, no matter our differences in opinion or no matter how condescending they've been. I'm especially surprised that Radical as a moderator not only did not try to keep things civil, but jumped on the bandwagon herself.

OK, that's all.. Again, I might be misunderstanding things here, so correct me if I'm wrong!

A few things, here:

This is a very old issue that has since been resolved and does not need to be dug up again. This thread is about ST2M's webcomic, not an old argument that doesn't need to crop back up.

While I feel I have much to say in my defense, I would rather not bring it up here; after all, this is not my thread. If you want to talk about the way I handle things, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it personally there.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Manillien » Sun May 11, 2008 11:36 pm

Hm ok, sorry about that, then! I didn't realise that it had been resolved. I can PM you, but I've pretty much said what I wanted to say, so if I did, it would only be a repetition of this.

Again, ST2M, sorry about ruining your thread.. Maybe it can bring more publicity to your comic!
"Do all that you have in mind, for God is with you" - 1 Chronicles 17:2

"A Christian is a cross product" - Christomath humorist

"Way to breathe, no-breath" - James "Jimbo" Jones
Manillien

Postby mechana2015 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:38 pm

The guy was telling an author how to write the story, plot and all. Thats pretty rude to any author to presume you can write their story better than they can. Thats all I have to say on that subject.

As for the most recent page, I really like the amber tone it has... its kinda late afternoon/golden hour-ish. Seems to impart, fairly wel,l a sort of... calm before the storm moment.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sanji07 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 pm

SirThinks2Much (post: 1224409) wrote:Thanks, all of you!

I'm not sure, should I post a cover blurb of some sort, to give people an idea of what they're going to be reading, or just keep y'all in the dark? Or should I save the synopsis until after I finish the prologue?

Yet at the same time, I like revealing my secrets one at a time :)

(btw, Sanji07, your icon makes me giggle.)

Thanks. ^_^ I'm a big fan of Yami-san, and I enjoy icons that have a bit of humor in them.

Perhaps you could give us a half-blurb, like a hint of some sorts that just gives us more questions than answers. >=) lol I'm gonna' get sued for suggesting this. XD;;
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Boy, this thread's been busy since I was away!

Again, ST2M, sorry about ruining your thread.. Maybe it can bring more publicity to your comic!

Oh no, you didn't ruin it! :grin: Any publicity is good publicity right now! And in the words of Oscar Wilde, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

I'm glad you're enjoying the comic so far.
As for the most recent page, I really like the amber tone it has... its kinda late afternoon/golden hour-ish. Seems to impart, fairly wel,l a sort of... calm before the storm moment.

It was a rather unintentional thing, but I rather liked it...I'm trying to work with environmental lighting more, which is actually kind of fun and makes things look more awesome without trying. Also, I was getting a bit tired of the brown/grey combo.

Things are looking up for our heroes....NOT (but I guess you knew that already :p)

Perhaps you could give us a half-blurb, like a hint of some sorts that just gives us more questions than answers. >=) lol I'm gonna' get sued for suggesting this. XD;;

I don't even think I have legal standing in that situation. :lol:

Gah! I'm terrible at coming up with hints! I'll just spoil everything! (which is why Mechana knows the whole story already lol)

It's like...I kind of have a blurb, but it's about the main story, which the prologue seemingly has nothing to do with at this point in time! I think what will work best is a sort of teaser banner I've had in my head...shows each main character, with a one-word descriptor that sums them up.

Great, now I'll have to work on that too....XD

New page being pencilled as we speak!...type...read...
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:19 pm

[/QUOTE]
I don't even think I have legal standing in that situation. :lol:

Gah! I'm terrible at coming up with hints! I'll just spoil everything! (which is why Mechana knows the whole story already lol)

It's like...I kind of have a blurb, but it's about the main story, which the prologue seemingly has nothing to do with at this point in time! I think what will work best is a sort of teaser banner I've had in my head...shows each main character, with a one-word descriptor that sums them up.

Great, now I'll have to work on that too....XD

New page being pencilled as we speak!...type...read...[/QUOTE]

...I'm surprised I understood that. ._.;; XD jk I think making a teaser banner would be awesome, especially if you put Dracula in it. ^_^
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Tue May 13, 2008 7:43 pm

oh, he'll definitely be in it. :)
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Yayz! ^.^ He's my favorite character.
Sanji07

Postby inuyasha89 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:01 pm

I'll be honest, when I first took a look at the comic, I expected it to be sort of played out, or rehashed. But no, this is actually very good. I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading some more.
inuyasha89

Postby Maledicte » Sat May 24, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks very much, inu89!

I'm a bit behind on this next page. Just started coloring it. Sorry!
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:28 am

So'kay, as long as we get to read it! ^_^
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 29, 2008 12:03 am

LOLZ.
(and the webcomicsnation link)

I need to stop being so rassafrassin' slow.
Maledicte

Postby Maledicte » Fri May 30, 2008 12:05 pm

On a random note, who made a link banner of my comic, and why does it look so awesome?
Maledicte

Postby Song_of_Storms » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:22 am

Nice! I like it. ^^
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby rii namuras » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 am

[color="Red"](What is this banner of which you speak?)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:53 pm

It's in Soul Alive's links page. http://www.battlecrycomics.com/links.html

I never used that font, or cropped it that way...but it looks a heck of a lot better IMO. ^^

Hammering out the next page. School is over yay!
Maledicte

Postby Kunoichi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:43 am

I like!

Very nice! *smile

usually i do not like vampire comics but yours is quite enjoyable! ^_^
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 pm

SirThinks2Much (post: 1225849) wrote:Gah! I'm terrible at coming up with hints! I'll just spoil everything! (which is why Mechana knows the whole story already lol)

And which is why I rarely post here... XD

Secret story is fun.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 am

DA link
WCN link

I want to strangle webcomicsnation right now.

Glad you like it so far, Kunoichi! :grin:
Maledicte

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:02 am

Nice! I'm gonna go read it right now ... well, in like 10 minutes, otherwise I'll die of starvation and never get to read it at all. I'll post my thoughts when I'm done, though! *adds to webcomic bookmarks*

*edit* Very interesting so far - although you've swapped it around a little, I like your coloring technique very much. It fits the mood of the story perfectly.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics